Takeuchi Miyu (Miyumiyu) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Miyu has now signed with Mystic!
    https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000963905

Article:

Produce 48 and AKB48 member Takeuchi Miyu has signed an exclusive contract with Mystic Entertainment.

On March 8th, Mystic Entertainment shared that they have signed an exclusive contract with Takeuchi Miyu who was a former member of Japanese girl group AKB48 and also participated in Mnet's Produce 48. Mystic has shared they have recognised her talent in singing and songwriting and plan to support her under Mystic Entertainment.

Takeuchi Miyu made her debut with AKB48 back in 2009 and participated on Produce 48 which broadcasted last year. On Produce 48, Takeuchi Miyu finished 17th.

Since her graduation from AKB48 Takeuchi Miyu has still been active sharing updates through SNS and also covers over on her YouTube channel.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    From that rumor I read in Juri's thread, that's 2 girls down confirmed for Korea Debut, one left.

This is so exciting as a fan of both J-Pop and K-Pop! :banana:

• Like Like x 2
  3. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope it's Miho .

I'm so happy for Miyu though , but would she debut as a solo artist or in a girl group . However , I highly doubt it would be a girl group as the only girl group Mystic has are the Brown eyed girls.

4. Qtyu33

Qtyu33 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    Probably soloists the only "real group" the company managed was brown eyed girls

5. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    What benefits will there be in Korea rather than perform in Japan?

6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @Riot1 That link be a dud. Here's another.

@BilyIsFab and @Qtyu33 Maybe she will debut with a group and they've been hiding it from us? She can be hired into the company and not debut as fast as Juri?

@gotbild New Life Challenges that she and any of the other girls who move to Korea that they believe they can't achieve in Japan? K-Pop has more International Fans than J-Pop? Trust me, I know: one of the conventions I go to have a Dance Cover contest they host every year and the majority of contestants perform K-Pop over J-Pop and the most that J-Pop that gets covered is Love Live....

I know this is completely off-topic and I'll probably bounce over to The General thread, but, I still strongly believe AKB should look into a sister group in South Korea and keep the K-Pop Idol Formula for them. They have idol groups already that share some of the basic principles of "girl-next-door/cutesy" type idols, examples being TWICE and GFriend. Maybe some songs have Girl Crush concept with the "heavier" songs like "Uza," "Beginner," "BwT" etc etc

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It is not about benefit but more about where she can find success. Right now she isn't really popular in Japan. Even with her graduation, she can only sold out 1 of 7 NWM HS slot. She received more response in her SNS from her Korean fans vs Japanese fans. When she premiered a video on Youtube, the majority of support come in Won and only very few in Yen.
    Of course success is not guaranteed but right now her chance for success is higher in Korea vs Japan.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Maybelline Morel chances to make it as a singer since kop is more popular worldwide.
    It's also a double edge sword with this ultra competitive market in a country saturated too with idols.

9. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Ok, I see. Maybe her voice don't fit the japanese style, she sings very good. Not the japanese idol baby voices. But I think it would be a bit hard for learning a new language.

10. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Her Korean should already be pretty good and foreign idols are normal in Korea.

In japan and AKB it is rare to see a non-japanese idol, but most kpop groups these days hace, chinese, japanese, Australian, American, Canadan and so on members.

TWICE for example has 3 japanese and 1 Taiwanese member! It is normal for the foreign idols to not seak good Korean right away. It is considered cute usually when they mess u words or don't understand. Miyu will be fine.

There have been rumors floating around about Mystic making another girlgrou.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
  11. gotbild

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Are these foreign members supposed to sing in Korean?

• Like Like x 1
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    They do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, BEG was great up until 'Signs' imho ... but now I hardly recognise them ... so not sure if signing with Mystic is such a good thing

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh I'm quite happy and a little surprised (not really) about the company. She'll probably find herself a decent niche tbh. And Mystic is a cool company that seems to give a lot of creative freedom to their artists. I assume she'll be a soloist which makes it even harder I imagine, but I hope she does well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Yeah, some of the foreigners are ever rappers. They usually pick up Korean pretty quickly. Look at Sakura Nako and Hitomi in IZ*ONE, they are pretty good already! Most of the foreign idols have been trainees for years so they understand pretty well already, but a lot of them aren't very good at Korean.

NCT's Ten (He is from Thailand) did say that sometimes he didn't understand the words he was singing.
    NCT's Chenle (Chinese) debuted after like 2-3 months of training speaking basically no Korean and he sang in Korean.

But most of the foreign idols stick together. In Sm entertainment it is obvious how the older Chinese idol takes care of the younger ones and pays extra attention to them. And there have been idols saying here and there that the Japanese and Chinese idols meet quite often when they have the time. The Thai idols are all friends.

The English speaking ones are a bit different since there is many of them.

Most groups debuting these days have at least 1 foreign member because it helps them promote in other countries. Japanese members help with with communicating in Japan, English-speaking members are good for the western world, Chinese members are good for China.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Really hope the rumours are true as I find that it is harder to be popular/catch people attention as a soloist as compared to being in a girl group

• Like Like x 1
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

"Trainee" Miyu is scheduled to live stream on Mystic Entertainment's Youtube channel on Mar 14, 7:30 pm KST/JST (both countries share the same time zone.)

In case of her continue being idol, Korean style will be a much better fit for her. You may check out Mamamoo, a very popular "vocal oriented" idol group. The line between "artist" and "idol" is blur in Korea and most agencies, nowadays, encourage and support their idols to engage in the producing part of their own songs. Besides, due to long training, Korean idols tend to debut later and retire later. To retire from idol job at 27-28 is common in Korea.

Even as soloist, Mystic has some popular self-producing artists, especially the agency's chairman, Yoon Jongshin, praised as a top composer of the country, who can give their hands to her song, either by featuring or composing, writing lyric. She also can benefit from the agency's connection within the music industry to get a fair promotion. She can also learn to be better producer from them.

Miyu may debut later than Juri. Seemingly, the agency has not finalized the debut plan. She also is mentioned as "trainee".

Mystic is hiding no one. You can see its all older trainees on the agency's Youtube channel. For over a year, Mystic has recruited former trainees from other agencies and it has enough able female trainees to debut a new group right next month. Seemingly, its current female trainees are
    Lee Soomin, who went far in Kpop Star 6 and Mixnine and was Fave Ent.'s trainee.
    Kim Suhyun, who went far in Mixnine and has had few acting gigs.
    Hwang Jimin, also was in Mixnine and showed her sweet voice.
    Lee Doyoon, rumored to be ex-S.M.'s trainee.
    Yoo Jaeha, Soomin's classmate in music field at Hanlim High.
    and Miyu.

"K-Pop has more International Fans than J-Pop" this is only true for "idol" scene. Many non-idol singers are very popular domestically but barely interested oversea. For non-idol singer, the domestic and international market is much bigger working in J-pop.

Lol. As if the Korean will ever appreciate a J-pop cover group, especially when it release dated music. Those songs you called "heavier" were moderate to K-pop fans.

Rather than mindblown, the Korean will be offended by this internal rivalry stipulating system. Another reason why SOL48 will never work.

Brown Eyed Girls previously was under Nega Networks and moved to Mystic when it already passed its prime. And, if I understand correctly, Brown Eyed Girls is leaving or has left Mystic. Brown Eyed Girls is a self-produced group and less active as it has been around for years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Congratulation Miyu, im happy to see you venture newgrounds. I hope mystic will take good care of her. Her fame in japan kinda fill stagnant. Its really better for her to try out in korea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Miyu's busking performance! She has definetly already improved both her Korean and her singing. Her notes sound much more definite and stable!

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. kimdimasan

kimdimasan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    Translation: "I sincerely thank you fans for giving me the beam projector that I wanted as gifts. We love watching movies after practicing, so we will have a fun time watching them together with these” - From Miyucord Translation team.

On March 16-17 Handshake event, Miyu mentioned the trainees and her enjoyed watching movies and were looking at movie projectors online. Few weeks later, her fans bought her one, lol. Miyu and the trainees didn't expect her fans would give it to her as a gift.

Source

khbgrhw85to21.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1