1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Takoyaki Party - NMB48 Podcasts

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by joooooooooe, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    do an actual podcast at the takoyaki store across from NMB theater. COME

2. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

I can barely come up with responses at normal speed dude. I won't survive an Around the Horn format. LOL

3. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Thats why the host mutes the others to give you your chance

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Episode #29! 6 months in the making. Impressions about 6th anniversary and coming out to live events.

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    Good stuff. Glad to hear it's back.

6. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Takoyaki Party 2016 End of the Year special! This time we reflect over what happened during the year. It's kinda fun because as we talk about happened we're like "Oh yeah, that happened" and then we remember all the good times that happened.

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    We need a new episode of this. Maybe after the Senkyo applications are finished (and Sayaka doesn't apply)

8. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Comments/Complaints/Suggestions welcome.

10. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

4:30 - Song of the Year
    22:00 - MVP
    36:00 - MVP of the New Generation
    57:25
    - Best TV Show/Visual Media
    1:13:00
    - Non-oshi Personal Favorite Member
    1:34:20
    - Member with the Highest Expectations for 2018
    1:58:00
    - Saddest Moment of the Year
    2:29:10
    - Favorite Moment of the Year

11. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

I don't have much to say just wanted to comment on here so yall would know people actually listen to this.

And you guys definitely need to work on phrasing LOL

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Would you by any chance be from Mexico? /insidejoke

We appreciate that we have people who listen outside the people who are already on the podcast. If you have any comments, we'd be happy to hear it.

13. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

the only thing i would really say is that it felt like there were times that someone wanted to disagree/add an alternative viewpoint/just add to the discussion but didn't, and it felt kinda off? Like at points it seemed kind of rushed/forced because you guys moved on when it seemed like someone would have more to say. It's probably a hard problem to solve because the podcasts are already long as is, so I don't really have a clear solution, but large sections of the podcast feel like everyone goes around and says their bit and there's very little interaction between podcast guests regarding each others' viewpoints. Maybe be a little bit less reluctant to chime in when not being directly asked for you opinion? I know it's a 2-3 hour cast already so again I kind of get why it was forced, but personally I feel like the discussion would have been better if there was more back and forth. Maybe fewer awards but more discussion about them?

I don't want to make it seem like it's that big of a deal though, it's really the only criticism I would have to make about the podcast. If you guys are worried about the length of the cast from a listener perspective I didn't mind the 3 hour runtime at all because it felt like ya'll had stuff to say about everything and it wasn't being dragged on artificially. Overall I think you guys did a great job. Lots of different perspectives and the stuff ya'll had to say was interesting.

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Thanks! We appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I know in other podcasts, the arguments are the most interesting parts but I think alot of us tread that line since the idol world is well known for the dumb oshi-wars and maybe some of us didn't want to engage in it or give off the image that we're on of those types lol.

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I think a lot of that problem stems from having 4-5 people. I might considering paring it down to 3. It's very easy for 1 or 2 people to talk and the others check out of the conversation, especially if they're not opinionated about that particular subject. I also feel that certain people are better at talking, but since I don't really care about being selective I just have people on if they tell me they want to join.

I don't get any feedback so I use YouTube analytics to determine the listening time, I'd say that looking at the statistics a reasonable assumption is that most people barely made it through 20 minutes. However, like I said, I don't normally get any feedback, so it's very hard to determine what a good length is or why people do or don't listen to us. Any feedback you give us will just have us adapt in that direction since we have nothing else to work with, lol.

16. Enreik

Enreik Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Just finished listening to your podcasts, yes the whole 3-hours (surprisingly it went by pretty fast, possibly because I was playing a game, and reading on reddit/stage48 while listening so it didn't feel long for me). I enjoyed listening to your experiences, and getting to know NMB more. I also like the way that Iwata Momoka speaks, her voice is nice. Current faves in NMB are Hongou Yuzuha and Mizuta Shiori, and hope to see them get featured more in 2018.

17. HXT100

HXT100 Kenkyuusei

I feel like that's probably true for most videos though? Like for a lot of videos people will just check out a certain amount of it then click out if they're not into it anyway. 20 minutes is actually kind of pretty long if that's an average lol

I don't necessarily mean arguments, but more discussion in general. I think you guys could stand to have more back and forth or hold more of a conversation about certain topics without it getting combative. Again the parts that I'm thinking of were the biggest issue was where people in a row would just say their bit and then move on, it sounds more like people are taking turns presenting awards/giving speeches than actually holding a conversation.

18. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Glad you enjoyed it. I'm hoping that through the podcast we can bring more unique experiences that comes with actually having people on the ground and involved. (Unfortunately I'm not in Japan anymore...)

Still, I'm hoping that more people will want to participate in the community or get more interested in visiting Japan and seeing what makes us tick.

It's easier with less people, since as the host I can prompt people for their opinion. But as we have more people, it becomes harder to manage, and the worst thing that could happen is that everyone is trying to talk at the same time. Also, with something as varied as awards that we revealed to each other on the show, it's a lot harder for people to do research; if I didn't watch Manabu-kun, it's a lot harder for me to be able to talk about Manabu-kun.

Still, I do agree with you, and I was really trying my best to have people other than Ryan talk about other people's points. We've noted that our discussions before and after recording seem to be more free flowing and we're trying to bring more of that flavor into the actual cast.

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Episode 33 is up! Please check it out as we try and for a monthly format.

In this episode we talk about graduations, the draft, AKB senbatsu, and Ota Yuuri. New to this show is a segment on how to join the community. Please give it a listen and if you have questions or comments or something you want to ask us, feel free to post here, send me a PM, or hit me up on Twitter.

20. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Welcome to the sinkhole where you try to climb your way out and just make it worse.

Also, my HS experience is a little hazy now but I don't remember leaving on the warning, unless whoever I was talking to wasn't saying anything at the moment.