1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Taniguchi Megu (Omegu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by Crests, Apr 17, 2014.

1. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    @kimunlimited Ah, so you meant in terms of management's strategy and not the idols' inherent qualities. Yeah, I wish they put more focus in the AKB48 group, it's a bit ridiculous that the majority haven't had involvement with the last few single releases. I also feel that AKB48 girls are a bit lethargic about their group pride compared to sister groups who seem to feel like they're always out to prove something.

Megu-center Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai from Team A performance last night:
    (Mod edit: removed dead video link)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2019
  2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    @M4YUYU No matter how we romanticize it, AKB is still a business in which Aki-P stand to benefit the most if they are able to stay on top of the idol industry. The sister groups was organized with the help of partners thus Aki-P did give concession to other investors. And, similar to how families are organized in the past, the main branch will always be regarded of higher standing and value compared to its branches thus pressuring the members of AKB to maintain a similar relation.

Thanks for the video, Megu can dance the dance but she still need to develop her aura if she is to stand out. Mayuyu and Yukirin are known to put some twist or style of their own to the choreography to highlight themselves, maybe, Megu can also afford the same act.

=======

AKB48前田美月・土保瑞希卒業公演まとめ

The link above directs to that of Tsuchiyasu Mizuki and Maeda Mitsuki graduation performance photos in which the 14th and 15th generation did a send off. The 15th generation sang Chireba Inoni while the 14th generation perform Yuuhi wo Miteiru Ka?. Not much Megu to see!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Can you point me at something that backs that up?

4. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Woah, its like you are trying to make me analyze and explain events that happen from 2007 up to 2011. The management does not announce whom they wish to push. Its the fans that determined who is getting a push as certain members suddenly get more premier role than the rest compared to her previous. Its all opinion express in discussions sourced from fan observation of events in different times.

You might as well asked around or read through the discussions to get a feel of those times, explaining it is a much more arduous task and it will take a lot of time to get you all acquainted to it. Watching those long forgotten shows and observing whom are getting the attention or screen time also helps. Going through the concert DVDs is also a must to see whom are given the prestigious units usually reserved for higher rank members.

Most importantly compare the activities and appearance of those members to their generation to see how much they are push than the rest. And, do remember that this are all hypothetical and speculative. I am merely providing the consensus on this subject matter.

5. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Megutan along with Takita Kayoko, Ichikawa Manami and Iino Miyabi serves as backup dancer on Sakiko's graduation performance.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And, Megu on the side.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  6. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    So, she only fill in for theater shows when a member from the RKJ unit didn't perform???

And i read above that someone made a statement about the 15th gen getting pushed, all i have to say is: the only 15th gen members with big pushes are Naanya & Mion. Megu seems to gain the management's interest, and other than them only Komi and Mizuki, and Makki get a super slight of management's very small push while Yuami and Seichan seems to have fortify their positions inside the theater. Other than those the other 15th gen members are just as forgotten as the other ones. The management seems to be pushing selected girls from the 12th - 15th generation for the grooming of AKB leaders (Juri, Tano, Ryoka, Yuiri, Mako, Naachan, Naanya, Mion, Yuria, Sayaya)

7. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

megu
    debut theater team A on july 2014
    promoted to team A on october 2014
    take over paruru under from tatsumaki on december 2014
    since december - march she's always became Team A center when paruru not perform in theater
    got her first unit (dendenmuchu) on march 2015
    Shuffle 2015, still in team A when her 3 friends from 15th gen go to another team (with this team A only have 4 young member including kayo, nishi and naanya..kennin not included)
    april - june 2015 got her 1st gravure magazine photoshoot, join in akb48 sousenkyo book as 100 potential member for this ssk, appear on akbingo and play on majisuka gakuen theater
    now in New Team A she's gonna take tatsumaki position (9th position on Takahashi Team A)
    and yes like or not she'll got more push from mngm

with only 4 young member (kennin not included) it's impossible for team A let naanya running alone..she's need contender or rivel
    like sasshi - akicha, kawaei - annin and now naanya - megu

8. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    @diocristian48 that's a lot better than if you were in 13th or 14th gen and your name is not Mako, Miki, or Nana in 2013 and 2014. Only recently the rest of the members from those generations were getting more exposure. Maybe it's just a matter of timing, though.

If Aki-P considers you a secret weapon, I think you'll be doing fine in AKB48 :) Her pure image seems to attract a lot fans.

9. Imperialdramon

Imperialdramon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanizaki Saya
    this NyaaKB lineup even better than the original *ehh

10. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I have a hunch that @diocristian48 's someone is somehow related to me. I may have failed to fully layout the ideas that forms my conclusion regarding the 15th generation. I hate getting specific as many of you already knew it but I need to guide you to understand the point I wish to discuss.

In the pyramidal scheme of AKB there are those I called entrusted members and core members. Entrusted members are those perceived to have a responsibility to the group and that idea is recognized by both the management and the public. The few members of this elite group are those of Maeda Atsuko, Takahashi Minami, Oshima Yuko, Watanabe Mayu, Yokayama Yui, and Shimazaki Haruka. In Team level, the Team Captain and Co-Captain are also included though considered of lower standing as their influence merely reflects on the team they led.

The core members are those popular members that have constant appearance to AKB's single and other events. In the past, we could easily identify Itano Tomomi, Kojima Haruna, Shinoda Mariko, and Kashiwagi Yuki as core members. They are all, without argument, top members of AKB. While, Kitahara Rie, Sashihara Rino (before the transfer), and Takajo Aki is considered core members at a lower tier. They are included because of their attendance to AKB activities could be said to be matching that of the top members. There are other members that could be argued to be part of this group but their consistency has not been upholding and may result to further complication in understanding the idea I wish to impart.

AKB48 is said to be a reflection of the Japanese society and companies. The idea of seniority is very strong compared to other idol groups. (Please do not make me explain the intricacies of Japanese relationships, both societal and corporate, as its very complex I may not be able to finish this!) The early phase of AKB is controlled by the first generation members though Acchan's domination of the Center position and Takamina's unchallenged leadership. The popularity of Shinoda Mariko, Itano Tomomi and Kojima Haruna serves to strengthen the grip of the first generation members to AKB's hierarchy. The original Kami7 was composed of five first generation members.

Senbatsu Sousenkyou was management's solution to fans constant clamor for a push to their Oshimen. This did not only empowered the fans but created the spark that would make AKB the National Idol Group. The once unshakable dominance of Acchan was challenged by Oshima Yuko of the Second Generation. However, it would take another Sousenkyou to prove that Yuko's fans do indeed have the power to challenge the management's favored idol. Though unseated from the Center position, Acchan still hold sway on the public's perception as the face of AKB. Amidst the rivalry of the top two idol for the Center position grows the young Watanabe Mayu, from the third generation, and is considered to be next successor.

Japan, being a vertical society, seems to have a perception of generational change in the leadership of AKB and management is evidently eager to support this notion. However, the 4th generation to the 7th generation all have been overshadowed by the Acchan-Yuko era that there was no strong candidate both with management and public support that was evident among the Aces of the first three generation.

Acchan's graduation in 2012 ushered a new era in AKB. The super idol that have long led AKB has left and along with it is the highly publicized rivalry with Yuko. The conflict at the top that has long defined AKB will then be subsisted by the clash for succession not only for the Center position but for the generation that will lead AKB.

The ascendance of the 9th generation came along with Paruru's rise and Yuihan's appointment. The idea of generational succession and changing of era seems to be embodied within this generation. The combination of Paruru's popularity and Yuihan's leadership evoke that of Acchan and Takamina. And, the 8th generation being considered an interregnum among the generations seems to suggest that the 9th generation is indeed the start of the new era.

Similar to its past, AKB will be lead by a combo entrusted of its future. While, the 10th to 14th might produce the core members. However, with AKB's stature in the group under siege, the management will undoubtedly push more young and new members and the 15th generation stand to benefit in this strategy. Some of those from the 10th to 14th generation might experience the same as that of the 4th to 7th generation, a few will rise while a lot stagnate.

HKT, with its many young talents, threatens AKB's future the most along with Sashihara's pull to fans. Its succession pool is more secure than that of SKE or NMB. If AKB is to remain the premier group member it may need to groom the 15th generation not only through pushes to placate the current siege but to secure its future by having this generation take over the 9th when Paruru or Yuihan graduates. To whom will succeed only time will tell. The 15th generation is too young to be judged of its future but for the meantime expect quite a doze of push from this generation.

I hope you did understand that I speak of the future with the 15th generation getting most of the push and not of the present which is still selective.

PS. I really hate getting historical to make my point as it what takes up most of the space. Sigh....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    maybe she will replace ricchan position,, after ricchan grad.

12. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  13. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Actually she is in Sakura's position.

But wasn't it great was so surprised to see her there.

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    You do realize that the 15th gens that i mentioned recieving some push earlier are only half of them and MakoNanaMiki are literally half of the 14th gen (before Mitsuki leaves) and Nakki gets to publish a book that means the management is not really forgetting her + she also have great SSK records for a 14th gen who's not MakoNanaMiki and Hikari is leaving so that means ALL 14th gen members getting pushed though Nakki's push is minor and she don't really need one that badly.

And half of the 13th gens are getting some small pushes with Ryoka and Yuiri getting the biggest amount among the rest and the other half seems to have fortified theater spots and Mogi and Ayanan managed to rank this year plus Moe undering Tomo's position in AKB dance songs in concert and Sahhoo gets frontline - middle line position in Team 4. Yurina was also going to recieve a minor push if she hadn't rejected her transfer.

As for the 12th gen, all of them are actually getting pushes with Juri Tano the big push, Tomu that have forged her own fanbase, Karen used to recieve big push and now she still have some minor pushes and also frontline - middle line in Team A. Hirari seems to have good positions in theater shows and also gets some minor pushes. While Miyupon & Yukarun are middle liners in their team and also making it in SSK.

So i say the 13th and 14th generation is basically getting the same treatment the 15th generation currently gets. Which is give push to half of the girls

15. M4YUYU

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    @diocristian48 That's true if you only count portion of members getting opportunities currently, but my point was/is that the 15th gen members are getting theirs earlier in their career. Remember that the 15th gen debuts are staggered and some were fast-tracked into their respective teams, and all of them were promoted within a year of debuting (even counting the tentative KKS period), which none of the 13th and 14th girls, except for Ryoka, enjoyed. I did admit that it might have just been a matter of timing in the greater scheme of things, which benefited the 15th gen (perhaps marginally) more because they didn't have to wait as long for their opportunities to materialize. My point is that the 13th and 14th girls you mentioned had to wait longer (hence why I said the years 2013-2014) and it makes their treatments fundamentally non-equivalent.

12th gen members who weren't promoted to the original team 4 and didn't get promoted in 2012 Tokyo Dome had it even worse. It took quite a while for Miyupon and Yukarun to have their breaks, and Hirari hasn't hers yet.

Megu is fast-tracked into something else, and I think she and her fans are responding really well. She's not getting the level of push as Naanya and Mion, but she did debut later and she's been getting more opportunities than her other fellow 15th gens. And I have no problem with it, she is great and has a very positive attitude.

16. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I'm guessing they're pushing megu in a rather slow paced push and let her slowly rise on her own compared to Naanya's excessive superpush to avoid too much antis and let her bloom and when the time has come she will be up there

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I have this gut feeling that Megu's career is going be comparable or even greater, if given a better chance, to that of Kitarie. The quiet rise in the shadow of the Senbatsu with strong fan support and calculated push from the management. And don't freaking ask why, its gut feeling!

Megu has this distinctive appearance of maturity in her which seems to separate her from the cute and sweet character of Naanya and Mion. A triumvirate might exist in the 15th generation uneasily shared by Megu, Naanya and Mion. This will not be similar to that of the 14th generation as this three is competitive and Aki-P will play this out. He might even play with the internal rivalry in this generation and still pit them with other generations as what happened with the first and the second generation. Making AKB a more hostile environment that foster rivalry will revive the interest and factions in this group. In the next few years Megu will become a fixture on AKB's activities. And, hopefully, AKS will release her to Ogi or Ohta.

Before all this happened, we need to see Megu rank in the election to prove her worth!

[​IMG]

And, some thing from the auctions...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  18. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    The heck with that. I'd like to see her in Big Apple. Now there is a agency.

19. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I suspect your suggestion is somehow self serving as you probably want Paruru and Megu to work and appear more together or even make a subunit.:hehe:

Not that Megu will complain but Big Apple is controversial with its affiliation with Burning Productions. Nah, I do not want to revive another round of discussion about agencies as this forum has plenty of that already. Taking her seniors path would probably give Megu a safer path to being an actress. They might even make a subunit. However, the last time they announce any mass agency swap was in 2012, we might need a few more years for any to be given to Megu.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  20. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

hell yeah!! deal with it :1st:

megu25.jpg
    Taniguchi Megu [Google+]
    2015.06.27 22:20

おーっめぐ!!
    O~~Megu!!

皆さんこんばんは
    高橋TeamAの谷口めぐです
    Good evening, everyone,
    it’s Takahashi Team A’s Taniguchi Megu

今日は、音楽の日の宮脇さんのアンダーとしてニャーKBで出演させていただきました‼︎‼︎
    I was allowed to perform with NyaaKB as Miyawaki-san’s under in today’s Ongaku no Hi!!!!

初めての音楽番組だったので、凄く凄く緊張しました。
    I was very, very nervous because it was my first music program appearance.

でも、先輩の皆さんが
    大丈夫だよ!って優しく声をかけてくださって
    安心しました☺️
    But the seniors told me
    “It’ll be okay!” with kind voices and
    I was relieved ☺️

初めてツチノコパンダやジバニャン、コマさん、コマジロウに会えて
    可愛かったです
    I met Shichinoko Panda, Jibanyan, Koma-san and Komajirou for the first time,
    they were cute

終わってから、家族や中学の友達も見てくれていたみたいで
    お疲れ様!って連絡してくれました
    凄く嬉しかった(´◡`๑)
    ありがとう☺️
    It seems my family and middle school friend(s) were also watching and
    messaged me “Cheers for your good work!” after it was over
    I was really happy (´◡`๑)
    Thank you ☺️

今回は、とても良い経験ができたと思いますし
    音楽の日にニャーKBさんのアンダーとして出演させていただき本当に感謝です。
    It was a great experience for me and
    I’m truly grateful I was allowed to perform in Ongaku no Hi as an under for NyaaKB-san.

これからも、いろんな音楽番組に出演できるようになりたい!と思いました‼︎‼︎
    I wanna be able to appear in various music programs in the future, too!!!!

頑張るぞ
    I’ll work hard for it

では、お約束です。
    皆さんは今日どんな1日でしたか?
    お仕事終わりの方はお疲れ様でした。仕事中、夜勤の方は頑張ってください。
    How was your day today, everyone?
    People done with work, thanks for your good work. People in the midst of work or working night shift, please give your best.

明日は、インテックス大阪で全国握手会に参加させていただきます!
    I’m allowed to participate in tomorrow’s national handshake event at Intex Osaka!

2週続けて大阪に来られてとても嬉しいです
    I’m very happy I can come to Osaka for 2 consecutive weeks

インテックス大阪に来られる方、
    握手会楽しみましょうね( ´͈ ᗨ `͈ )◞♡⃛
    Let’s enjoy the handshake event,
    everyone coming to Intex Osaka ( ´͈ ᗨ `͈ )◞♡⃛

http://kataomoi48.tumblr.com/tagged/my translations: megutan

so last night is the first time megu appear in music show on television..good job megu :)