The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, May 20, 2013.

1. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    Re: The 2013 Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll (Final Results Out!

Very happy with the result! Mayuyu in first place!! I can wait to know if she win the real sousenkyou too...

2. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Ahh this is such a relief! Takamina's fans did pull through for her here <3 though kojiharu in next girls is... Weird. Lol.
    I was happy to see tashima meru rank really high here but I guess it was an unrealistic hope for it to be reflected in the actual election. Still, 55 for a green kenkyuusei is a good start :)

3. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria

I am surprised at the low number for Yuko votes.

But nevertheless congrats to Mayu on being s48 centre [party]

4. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I still haven't found time for commenting here, but I will defend myself here first. HoneyRoastedPeanuts and I have been in contact with you since May 30th, around the time of the midpoint results when you said you wanted to submit your votes. You refused to provide us any way for us to verify, nothing. And then on the day when I'm supposed to get all the results out you send me a message at 3 am when I'm asleep and expect some sort of response? What's worse, if you had provided the picture at that time I could've still included it in the final results, but instead you were unsure how to share a picture with me.

That is not what I call a timely manner, whatsoever. From the midpoint results, you had more than a week to provide proof. I asked everyone that had over 25 votes that didn't get them from HRP to provide proof, and all of them did quickly and easily either with a photo of their CDs or their voting ballots or their actual codes. You were the only one that stonewalled us and didn't do so. I was finishing up the last votes in my inbox when you finally said you were finally willing to provide us with a picture. As soon as I read it (and it took a while since yours was like second to last of people that sent me a message) I sent a PM back asking you to hopefully provide proof as soon as you can, because I had to get these results out before the actual sousenkyo, but unfortunately, now you were sleeping. If you can't provide us proof in a "timely" manner (yes, ignoring me and HRP, the forum staff, without providing a reason for a week is bad), then don't expect us to be able to include your votes. If you had that picture, then you should've sent it, I don't know, maybe a week ago? I just don't understand why you wanted to wait this long when you had proof all along.

Next year, if you vote again, please, please do provide us with verification earlier. I would've loved to include your votes in the results, because the more votes we have, the better we look as a forum too. It shows the international fandom is making a bigger difference in the overall picture, and your votes would've helped a lot with that.

5. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild

I'll send you a PM when I'm back at my normal house.

Btw. Public publication of an internal PM tends to be a mortal sin in all other forums I participate, but apparently not here?

6. Akicha fan in J

Akicha fan in J Kenkyuusei

ithebigc,

I am just wondering what this Exit Poll thing is for?
    Are you a sort of authority to conduct this?
    Just for fun, right?

If so, Lucky you! You are still a happy fan.

Once you know how crazy Sosenkyo promotion in Japan is, you would never think to disclose any information about vote, prior to the final announcement.
    Simply because it's no use for promoting your Oshi's Sosenkyo.

There are a lot of negative campaigns, information manipulation...,
    any piece of the info is used by Antis.
    It's really a cruel and heartless world.

I am afraid it sounds really weird, but Sosenkyo is not for fun, it's more like survival especially in a case of Akicha this year.

7. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^Its just seeing how the members here voted in the election. Comparison against foreign fans vs Japanese fans, us vs the real deal. Just a bit of information for the curious, really

8. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Who else voted for Harukyan? *wants to know*

Surprised Yukirin got only 6 people here voting for her (including me) but I'm glad some of you were more uhh rich than I was... XD

9. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

Could you clarify that point further? I always found exit poll useful and interesting as long as it is correct.

Err, no. I was a forum admin myself. It's true that it is inadvisable for admin to publish PM between two members. However, it is ok for the receiver or sender of the message to publish it. It's just like email forwarding. What's wrong with that?

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

ithebigc posted screenshots of two private messages (I have since removed them from the post). One from gotbild to me (that I had forwarded to ithebigc) and one between me and ithebigc himself. That wasn't exactly a smooth move. He hadn't asked me or gotbild about it. The content wasn't incriminating in any way so it's not a major issue, but private communications should never be published on the forum without permission of all parties. That's why they're private. ithebigc felt that he needed to explain himself since gotbild wrote that he had sent in the photo in "a timely fashion" (which isn't exactly true) and he used those conversations to show that we had been in contact since last week.

I talked to ithebigc about it (and sent gotbild as well as Akicha fan in J a PM), so it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

11. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

I normally wouldn't. I think this is the first time I've done so in the 5 years I've been here, both before and after becoming a moderator. But I also don't like to stand by while someone accuses me of something, and the fastest way to counter you was to attach a piece of our previous conversation here showing that we had contacted you on May 30th asking for proof already, only to receive none. I looked at the contents of the PM that was posted and none of it was damaging to anyone involved in the conversation, none of the information was personal, so I thought it would be ok to release it. If that had offended you, I do apologize, for that was bad form on my part, but at the same time, I can't let my credibility come into question. We as staff are able to run this forum because of our credibility, and so clearing my name was ultimately more important to me in the end.

Yup, this is just for fun! To see how we as a community voted, that's all. I know there's probably a whole lot more planning and strategizing that goes on in Japan, much more so than here, but I would think not that many Japanese fans know of this forum, so we're safe with showing how everyone at Stage48 voted.

I'm sure there's truth in what you say is the state of the sousenkyo in Japan. I take it very seriously too (that's all I've been thinking about for the past couple months, ha), but I can only imagine what it's like actually being there and being able to talk with other fans and gather and think about tactics to best help your oshimen. That's probably on another level.

12. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild

Just a short reply, it's been already too much talk about nothing. When I received word from Akicha fan how many votes I financed I wrote about this in a thread, can not remember which one. It was just an information to the forum, I had at that time no intention to participate in the Exit Poll. Therefore there was no reason to prove that information. Akicha fan also wanted no images and the like would be published.

Later on, when the official voting ended the idea was born and I conferred with Akicha fan about it and got the green light. I then wrote a PM to ithebigc with the data and announced that I had a picture but did not know how I would attach it. This PM was sent well before the deadline for informations(in timely manner!), but apparently in the middle of the night in California. But when the time limit was reached it should have been day and there would have been time to contact me before I in turn went to bed.

But it does not matter now, the main thing was that Akicha was getting benefit of the votes.

13. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

[hi]

I think I even saw my Google+ support message come up on screen during the stream.

14. lunar

lunar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    maedaami

Fist bump to that single person who voted for Aamin. [rock]