1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking Results

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Apr 28, 2016.

1. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    hmmm so far none of the girls i vote appear.. can't wait for the next rank!

2. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  3. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    It's alright, Tsugumin will certainly rise next ranking! I believe so.

4. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I think no voted girls are less popular or concerned than negative voted. I wish my oshimens will be ranked higher. :worthy:
    (I couldn't vote b/c my postings were less than the prescribed number.)

5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Once the full results are posted it shouldn't be hard to make such a list.

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    You make negative votes seem like a bad thing. Obviously, if used badly (for example a paruru anti giving her -5 just because they dont like her) then i can see your point. However many of us (me included) give negative votes simply to show your dissatisfaction over something a certain member may have or hasn't done. If I remember my negatives correctly, I gave a member who is in my AKB top 10 negative votes (which i'll reveal later) because of certain things she (imo) failed to do. I still adore that member, so i don't see how you could say giving negative votes is "sinking so low"... that's a reach.

7. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

298. (---) [1|0] Hirose Natsuki{+8,0}, 8

Only vote, but a vote that put her in a good place! We'll do better next time Natsuki!

8. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    oh my gOD so many negatives??!! what did she do to deserve this om g,,,,
    also.....no harukyan.....yet. maybe she has a higher rank!! i hope someone voted for her....i wasnt able to because i didn't have enough posts to qualify ahaha;;;;

9. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Ranks 251-350 have been posted! We have some more recognizable names now...

No one ever said negative votes were a waste of time. The only backlash against them is when people use them irresponsibly. I literally had someone give me a list of negatives containing the top members of the 48 Group (Sasshi, Mayuyu, Sakura, Paruru, Sayanee) and their reason was that "I don't like them because they're pushed." :rolleyes: Of course, even disregarding the stupidity of such a reason, the girls themselves have no say on whether they're pushed or not, so it is a completely invalid reason to hate on any girl for that.

Your ranking is the opposite of that. You had legitimate, personal reasons for wanting to give the girls negatives, and you explained your logic clearly. That's an example of negative points working as they should, and I even learned more about Thalia and Nina Hamidah (I had no idea who they were). No one would fault you for that.

I honestly totally forgot who Tsuji Nozomi was until you called attention to it lol. Given that the truly scandalizing picture was proven photoshopped, I assume most anger towards her dissipated.

10. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Lol i guess Kaotan isnt everyones cup of tea xD afte seeing this i think Akarin might get hate as well

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Only one from my Top20 made it so far. Safeeeeeeeee~

12. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Just lol. Considering that's the main reason girls get antis in the first place, it seems a bit silly to dismiss it as "completely invalid". If you don't want girls getting downvoted for popularity then you shouldn't have negative votes, because that is what most of them are going to be for. They probably had a mild dislike for (or at least were ambivalent about) those members all along, which has been amplified because of them being pushed in their faces. Also, love is the primary cause of hate -- there's going to be some dislike for members who push one's oshi down or get picked when they feel theirs should have been. They could probably find other more specific reasons too if they thought hard about it, I find many people are very poor at explaining their emotions, and dislike is very much an emotion, rather than a rational position taken after much thought.

And what else would they base negative votes on? Scandals? Who bloody cares these days? Besides that rational reasons for disliking a girl are quite slim.

Still don't see any of the girls I voted for. Quite a few that would have been in my Top 40:
    Glad especially to see Satone-chan, Nao, and Yuami getting some love, but wtf is with the negative vote on Satone??

14. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Karma for sinking Harada Mayu to last place :^^;:

Yet, the last year Kaotan's mouth was "more louse than the usual", kinda expected the increase in the hate.

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The main problem I have seen with negative voting is that some people use them "strategically". They support a popular member, then vote down all of the other popular members to hopefully give their oshimen a better chance to win. To me that is the biggest argument against the negative voting. I know this has happened in past surveys. Hopefully @ithebigc looked out for that this year.

If you truly don't like a member, for whatever reason, then fine. If you are downvoting people to hopefully give an additional boost to your oshimen, then you are a jerk and IMO your entire ballot should be discarded.

As for Kaotan's negative votes? It doesn't surprise me. She isn't "idol cute", and some fans don't like that. It's too bad, since she is one of the best handshakes in all of the 48 groups.

16. miyako-dori

miyako-dori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    i guess someone threw a 661-sided dice lol

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    The data I have contradicts you. The example I gave was the most extreme example that popped in my mind because I remember reading what that person had wrote and just laughing. Almost everyone else that gave negatives has a mix of senbatsu and not, so I assume they put some thought into why they wanted to vote down a particular girl, not just because they were popular. Scandals would be one of them, yeah. Each year, consistently, girls that have them drop like a rock, then recover the next year. Just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't. Plus, given that this is a yearly ranking, it's exactly what the ranking should reflect.

If the person already disliked a girl for other reasons and then that popularity amplified their dislike for her, then yeah, I agree with you that they have their right to that opinion. However, that is an entirely different beast than what I described, which is literally someone writing that "I'm voting these girls down because they're pushed" and then listing five top members of varying personalities who have different reasons for being popular, but inexplicably that person somehow hates them all. I stand by my opinion that voting someone down just because management pushes them is stupid.

It's rarely happened. I remember I was a little suspicious last year when a disproportionate amount of negative votes for Mayuyu seemed to come from Takamina oshis. Understandably, I was concerned because if people were trying to "strategically" vote based on the results from the 2013 ranking, it would've made sense to vote down Mayuyu who seemed like the biggest competition at the time. After I doublechecked the rankings though, I didn't see evidence of a conspiracy or anything so I let it pass.

This year I was on the lookout too. Changing from Excel to @foodlfg's program makes it easier than ever to check. I can pull up anyone's ranking just by typing in their name, and I can even pull up a list of everyone who voted for a particular girl, positive or negative.

18. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Two of my girls have ranked already... *sigh*

326. (---) [1|0] Ozeki Rika{+6,0}, 6
    Was I really the only person who voted for Ozeki? :( Ah well, hope to see more support for her next year...Ozeki Style for the win!

270. (---) [3|0] Nishigata Marina{+10,0}, 10
    Yay, I'm happy I'm not the only person who voted for Gatanee! To be honest though, I should have ranked her higher in my vote...

Also surprised to see some Keyaki girls ranking already, like Kobayashi Yui. Wouldn't have expected her to rank low since she's a front row member for now.

19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    LOLOL - Welcome to "The Purge!". In all seriousness a "Negative Vote" is what it is. I don't care Why or How it happens. Throw darts at a board - EVERY Negative vote should count- because you forgot the most important thing. FREE WILL & Choice - Someone had to type that persons name & assign it "-5" or "-2". Maybe they use ALL 5 or just 1. Hell, I wish I could give ALL 5 spots to 1 Idol (imagine that).

I Like ITheBigC's summation of his experience w/ counting Negatives. It's a fair system. Sides, Idols change - People change. Paruru once had a "Bashing (Hate) thread" (for over 20 pages)- last year she won #1 in the Ranking. I used to hate Sae Miyazawa...now....I kinda miss her. She grew on me.

Be Glad "Write In's" are NOT allowed. I'd have voted 1/2 of KPOP's TWICE in my Top 20 - lol.

YES!...that is what I meant - Someone gave "5" & another took them all away. It's like a Gunfight only everyone Draws & shoots at the same time- all 80 or more of us! - lol

I honestly can't wait to reveal my Negatives...hell, my Top 20 list is gonna shock some & make total sense to others. This is My 3rd Stage ranking (and 4th watching one) & it's gets better every year - The Negatives REALLY show you what people are "Really thinking"... I Love it.

20. jovviny

jovviny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I changed my stance on negatives this year. Last year I thought like the majority here, that ranking should only be a positive thing and since all the girls presumably do their best they don't deserve negatives. I still believe the girls do their best, however the threads here on stage48 show that some girls are the fokus of feelings among fans, positive and negative. Usually it's the more popular girls and some of it may be jealousy on behalves of other girls, especially if one girl consistedly is geting pushed over your oshi. However, if a girl is in the spotlight more people will see her and they will see some things the like and also some they don't... Sometimes someones mannerisems will just annoy you and if that girl is getting pushed in your face all the time the small thing that annoyed you will fester and grow (of cause if you really like a girl you will instead enjoy her all the more). That's the push backlash. So getting negatives is proof that people noticed the girl enough to see things that annoys you but other will see things to like instead.