1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    @rka Thank you for making my options clear.
    I get it now, I was terribly confused.:huh:
    I shall not make the problem I and others experience with this rule set into a general one nor question it.

:inlove:

2. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I wasn't so much asking why you invest in forums in general, I was more asking why invest so much in this ranking in particular! Maybe it's because I don't really take this ranking too seriously, in which case I apologise :chuffed: And I agree too, most of the time I sit back because I find it pointless to fanboy/girl out over a cute pic (which is why I'm actually surprised I have enough posts to participate in the ranking, considering how often they occur [hehe]). You've already made a very detailed proposal about how to change the system, and whether the admin takes those changes is entirely up to them, but my main point from my previous post was this: Why don't you create another thread with your system in place? It's hard to read the tone of someone's voice through text on the internet but I mean it sincerely; you could set it up and see what the results are. It might even be interesting to see how much of a difference it would be with the two systems, and I'd be happy to participate in both rankings!
    But in any case, my views still stand: just sit back and enjoy the results, be it flawed system or otherwise :D

3. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    @MeoJim ah, my apologies for taking out that single point. My view was that I don't think the post/system I wrote was all that detailed. For what I usually am required to produce this is severely lacking, so I didn't see it as invested at all. Just a thought on how to improve on an ever growing system under pressure.
    And seeing as there were others too who experienced the same barrier to entry as I did, I wanted to voice my concerns and suggestion. I could've just kept it at "hurrdurr too many girls to list won't be in," but where does that get us :)

I don't see any merit in running a competing ranking with a different system. One stage member ranking is more than enough and it's bigc's thing so out of respect for him I won't even consider making another one. Just trying to help out and if nothing comes of it, that's fine too.

4. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    @oatmeal haha you have to remember that this is the internet, where anything past 3 lines of text is considered having a deep interest on the subject [hehe] It should be lauded that you're trying to raise some points and improvements; and who knows? Next year might have some of your changes in place :)

As to the results themselves, I'm curious about how the NGT and Keyaki members would rank, especially Keyaki to see if it reflects in any way with the HS sales for their first single! Since this would be my first time I'm interested to see how my list compares with everyone elses' :chuffed:

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Uh...actually you don't have to give a reason or even admit later you gave Negatives. It's entirely up to you. It is kind of funny when someone say "WHAT? who gave 'Idol X' negative 3?" why?? LOLOLOL - I laugh. Sometimes I relish my Negatives soo much I can't wait to tell (in Detail!) why. Other times I just let it sit there.

You don't have to do anything - that's the Beauty. It's kind of like "The Purge" - I get to completely sucker punch (statistically!!) a member (or their Idol) and it's totally legal- lol. ACTUALLY - I'll be honest, I've often used my "negatives" as a "Needs Improvement" vote. Then I'm happy to share "WHY" I voted negative. Places like TokyoHive & other forums (Tumblr- Twitter - 4Chan- Reddit?) are far more rampant w/ really blunt & honest "Dislikes" and Stage48 is often so civilized that you can't have the type of vitriol debates I'm used to seeing.

The negative 5 votes are what I wait for ALL Year on stage.... so It's like "The Purge"
    [​IMG]

My Friends...it has been said that I Like War....
    My Friends....it has often been said that I like War.... my Friends.... I LOVE WAR....with Idols.

I love Elections and Kohoku's
    I love Senbatsu's & Jankens'
    I love Draft's & Initiations
    I love Shuffles & Sport Competitions and Graduations.

I Love WAR....

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

But stage is .net...

7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Then who the hell did I vote for & Purge?... Utter madness I tell you- lol.
    It's a Joke Meme - relax - but thank you

8. Escape48

Escape48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    He is unreliable, actually the least reliable you said, but why are you reliable to judge him or this whole situation? (this may seem philosophical, but in the end who can be trusted? The forum is filled with misinformation, a lot gets corrected frequently, but some stay wrong.)
    It's obvious he has multiple problems, but what you wrote ended up turning into a gratuitous ad hominem without much substance. What matters here is what was said, not his writing about it. Something written even by the worst out there is not automatically wrong, so we have to try to get to the cold hard facts, only then it can be cleared-up.

Do you know to what sentence exactly this was referring to? (It is not all about AKBINGO!.) And I don't see that many would be purely de-contextualizing or over analyzing AKBINGO!. (if someone is, that someone is doing something wrong.) There we're other situations that could be thought of as "incidents".

I don't think she is homophobic in the end (it seems much more a standard denial, or something just humorous), but might have said some wrong things in a context that was of humor/variety. An equal saying in another context would not be forgiven easily, but one also has to think on the intention of what was said. It happens frequently (around here and elsewhere) that someone interprets something wrong and becomes a hater, the ones that have more knowledge try to correct them (and this must be done with the truth of course), but sometimes it's too late. Ultimately this is not a reason for negative votes (or hating) as far as I could see and I agree Tano doesn't seem to be in the wrong (and surely not ill-intentioned), but even if some negative votes appear it wouldn't matter, since this ranking doesn't matter [hehe]. There will be a real voting soon, that one I'm interesting in seeing.;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I may not be reliable. That is up to others to judge. But in the interests of fairness, I feel compelled to report what I have observed, which is that he provides biased translations and has been known to misrepresent situations. There are two sides that have been proposed, now everyone is free to decide which point of view they believe. When one is looking at the credibility of information being reported, it is not ad hominem to point out that in the past, a person has been proven to be inaccurate. For example, if you read a newspaper that frequently contained factual errors, it couldn't be considered a credible source and any claim it made would need to be fact checked. So what I am saying is, this person is a bad newspaper. Do with the information what you will and perform your own research. You don't have to believe me, just don't automatically believe what you read (which is what people were starting to do).

10. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I honestly don't think being a homophobe is that big of a deal. In Japan most people are uncomfortable with gays whether they show it or not. Not surprising if some AKB members are too...

11. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    For me IT IS a big deal, but for now I can't see enough evidence to call Tano homophobe. Her reaction of fear in AKBINGO might be just an act to be received as funny (stupid but not homophobic).

• Like Like x 1
  12. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    i've met people online who are homo and their oshi is Tanochan. i see no problem here.

even if she doesn't like the females, she likes Tomu at least. :'D

if the video does not show watch the video here
    real life Tanochan. x)

13. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    Didn't we agree to give this up 3-4 pages ago? It doesn't matter what you perceive a girl as, it matters what they're actually like.
    You're seeing one clip.
    On a variety show.
    Where reactions are exaggerated.
    This isn't the place to fight over things like this and it shouldn't have been mentioned in the first place, it's just causing problems.
    As someone who is in the lgbt community I could care less about one reaction she had.

14. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    God.... I love Stage...you guys are arguing about weather or not an Idol is homosexual & what that means in Japanese society? Actually Kappa already nailed it. Even Japanese Anime Homosexual characters are used as "tropes" or comedic devices. I think Japanese will all agree "it Exists" but like many things in Japan it's a "keep it AT HOME!" or "don't Bring it Here" (to work, school, ect) mentality.
    But before you think I'm stirring the pot - I brought an EXPERT (sorta) who explains 1st hand what it's like to be Homosexual in Japan - taken from the comments of REAL Gay people in Japan!
    Rachel & Jun are one of the top Japan Vloggers on YouTube for several years - they asked this very question & explained Japan's response to Gays & Homosexuality in a very respectful way.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also another example was made by another JVlogger about "social norms" & Acceptable Behavior in Public that also fits under this umbrella. YouTube Vlogger UNRESTED made a whole video about "norms" & expected behaviors. I.E. one example was if someone dies in the company (like your job)- You are NOT supposed to bring your Grief to Work (Sobbing at your desk, group discussion, sharing "feelings")- They would rather you STAY HOME if you can't do your job yet. No one is "shamed" for having grief or feelings (we're all human) but there is a "Etiquette" rule on how you are expected to "deal w/ your grief".

Even Hetero-sexual displays of Affection are considered somewhat "impolite" to others in Public.

I often thought Sae Miyasawa was gay... but then I saw her on an AKBingo & she actually said she was not - Yes, she likes Boyish Fashion but she "Loves Properly" (that was the sentence the subber used). Being Gay in Japan (or any Asian country) is probably different than a Western country. I think Hollywood has gone out of it's way to "Glorify" (almost like a Fashion Statement?) Homosexuality (for a "coolness" factor?) - which is really NOT fair to people in the West who are Gay & don't want to be painted by Hollywood's brush.

My official stance on "anyone" being gay is..... NONE of My Business!

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The funny thing is idols can (probably) never come out as actual lesbians, even if they are, because they rely on male fans giving them their money.

What a cruel world~ :hehe:

16. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
  17. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I agree. I will say that if AKB48 suddenly decided to drop throwing "red meat" to the 2Chan/Idol Otaku class - you'd see AKB's CD sales (handshakes ect) get cut in 1/2 (or more so) in like 6-12 months. IF...and I say "IF!" AKB decided to become more female friendly (as opposed to WOTA friendly).

On the other hand- wasn't the original allure of Kojima Haruna & Yuko Osjhima that Yuko was 'sweet' on Kojiharu? there's an adorable video of Oshima perving & hanging all over KojiHaru and KojiHaru is playing a video game & Yuko falls asleep onto of her. I think we all have our "Fantasy Pairings" - I think it adds a little mystique & spice. There's a video clip where some girl tells Sakura (& the crowd) she really wants to take a bath w/ Sakura- and Sakura is so shocked & weirded out- it was cute. Yuko was known to walk around topless in the dressing room. Sayanee told everyone in "Honesty Chess" that Milky sometimes "scratches her crotch" in the dressing room & girls noticed it. My fav is Yukirin hits on Yuihan in the "Eien Pressure" vid and it's so 'out of place' but it's funny.

I think fans like "Yuri" hijinx or playful behavior, like Yuko & Acchan kissing in "MwN Melody" because we know they're not gay for each other & it's cute to see to Rivals comfortable enough to share a kiss.

Meanwhile in Korea
    What I find strange is that Kpop fans "seem" more rabid for their girls but they get far less "goodies" & gimmicks- there's no such thing as Gravure for KPOP girls. They get TV dramas & Game shows. I had an adult girl on my twitter offer me "Nudes" if I voted for her Idol in "Produce 101" (Pinky)...AKB48 female fans hate my guts & have outright "attacked me" for mentioning their girl had a 'Scandal'.

THIS (back on topic!) is why the Stage48 ranking is so important - you get to see a statistical approximation of where everyone stands in terms of their Idol feelings. I took heavy fire in October 2014 for my opinions on Sayurin (NGZK46) w/ her Bunshin "situation"...yet, by April I felt vindicated when she was ranked dead last (LAST!) in the Stage48 rankings...one could argue the "Silent Majority" agreed w/ me?? (*rim shot*) but were afraid to voice their opinions because of FEAR of getting attacked or flamed or reported to sympathetic "friends in levels of authority".

18. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't really see the need to include the overseas groups in this ranking anyway, given the fact that there is hardly any kind of involvement between the Japanese groups and the overseas groups. The overseas groups don't participate in the sousenkyo either, as both Indonesia and China have their own sousenkyo.

Since the number of members in the Japanese groups keeps on rising, it doesn't make sense to decrease the number of girls that you can vote for. Quite the opposite, 25 girls would be a much better number. Also, if you can't find 20 girls you like in this group, or worse, if you don't even know the names of 20 girls of this group, what does that tell us about the level of engagement that you have with AKB48?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  19. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    I think its very hard for some people myself included. Id say I know 70% of the girls names in AKB and a dozen or so sister group members but after my top 4 or 5 girls its really just a guessing game trying to rank them. And beyond my oshi i rarely visit other girls threads or go out of my way to watch something for someone else. If that means i have tunnel vision then I guess i do. I think it can be explained by how far someone is in the fandom. Some people like to follow and know stuff about all the groups. Me I follow AKB only. But I can definitely relate to people finding it hard to come up with 20 names.

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I also hope that only Japanese groups can be ranked. I think without the other foreign group members the ranking would look a lot nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.