1. Because I will be attending the actual sousenkyo in Okinawa, rka is conducting our exit poll in my place as he did two years ago. Click here to let us know how you're voting in this year's sousenkyo and why!
  2. Results for our 10th annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

The 2017 Stage48 Senbatsu Sousenkyo Exit Poll / Reasoning thread

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by rka, Jun 8, 2017.

1. rka

rka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Dear Stagers,

As per tradition, we're going to count the number of votes the Stage48 community cast in the sousenkyo this year. However, @ithebigc is not able to personally host this event this year. Thus, I am honoured to once again jump in and present YOUR 2017 Senbatsu Sousenkyo Stage48 Exit Poll!

I'll start by quoting myself from the 2015 event:

Rule/Directions (same as last year):

1. Send me a PM with the name of the girl you voted for, and how many times. Please use the full name for the girl, don't assume I know the nickname of every girl in the 48 Group, because I don't.

For the sake of my scripts, please use an easy-to-read format like

Maeda Atsuko 5
    Asakawa Nana 3

2. Only let us know how much you actually voted. That means if you participated in some voting scheme somewhere in which you just donated money, we can't really count it because we don't know how many votes it actually translated to. Now, if you bought votes from somebody, say in the Stage48 Shop and you know exactly how many votes you bought, that's a different matter. For example, if x seller was selling votes at 900 yen, and you bought 9000 yen worth of votes, then it's obvious that it's 10 votes. DO NOT double count votes - make sure you report your own votes only and that the seller doesn't report it for you.

3. You are only allowed to send me the PM AFTER you have actually voted for the girl. Don't send me a PM saying "I'm planning to vote for so and so girl 10 times, so can you add that to the results?" Send it to me after you have voted and have gotten to the confirmation screen that you have finished voting.

4. You can send me as many PMs as you want. For example, if you voted on the first day, saw the actual first results and decided you needed to buy more votes for your oshimen, you can send me another PM once you vote again. I don't mind because unlike the Member Ranking, adding votes is extremely quick and easy, there's no points involved. Just make sure you don't count your votes twice, and keep it in the same conversation.

5. Take note of the voting periods below, both for when you can actually really vote and for when I'll be revealing the results.

6. Once I count your votes, your name will appear in the "Votes received" section below. I won't be listing the number of individual votes, just the total.

7. There will be random checks to make sure people actually have the votes they claim to have. If you say you voted 200 times, you better be able to prove it :p

------------------

That's it.

Please hand in your votes latest 3 hours after the voting period has closed:
    Tuesday May 30, 2017 (10:00 JST) to Friday June 16, 2017 (15:00 JST)

Ask any questions you may have here, and let's see if you can put your money where your mouth is! Have fun!

@ithebigc had the idea to use the 2016 event to also discuss your voting choices. I'd like to continue with that, which is why the thread is called "Reasoning thread" as well. In order to make this thread interesting, please let us know why you have power voted your oshimen or split your votes between a number of members.

------------------

(1587) Votes received for (78) members.

(70) users have participiated in the Exit Poll:

infinitehippos, Sayaka.Sakura.92, Ryoyuhai, alm0nd, GeoFreak, David61, Tsumu, JoltFiend, bonjourmarlene, Puni, sscrla, Ezia, rka, MeoJim, Wlerin, Takin, Moonli, superficialfan, veliem, Tentenko, Furukawa_Akane, Suii, KingIdols, nanabanana, SunnyHighland, x_lambs, miraise, Lisa, kio(BossOshi), Yukitie, CrssA , marioworldakb, tokidoki, Mayayoyu, ptakbfan, Soumi~Haruka,
    extomomi, SakuraSake, JanKenP0N, Snowman81, GATX105, Lalo Martins, Crossheart, Frah, Hachiroku, Kuura, jazzichi_48, skuf, marnchor, DivineIdolMayu, Chrissel, Palioxis, Asmii, macchan, berii, 松井珠玲奈, VincentS, TiduShoko, drazaar, ranchu, ダイヤモンドCosMos, qpet, OshimaYuko, Kagei, Erbeon, gakushan, Zerase, ithebigC, pacmanamcap

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    The feedback is a little bit hesitant so far. Maybe @ithebigc can announce it forum-wide :p

To start the discussion, i am going to reveal my voting this year.

To me, sousenkyo season always meant a lot, as it was the time of the year during which i could pay back for the entertainment i enjoyed. Thus i worked really hard with a lot of Sae fans every year by setting up the website, coordinating the voting and hacking in hundreds of codes. It was also the time of when the japanese and international fans would interact a lot. So, you could call me a power voter.
    After losing my oshimen, i found myself without a valid reason to power vote, or even vote in the event of 2016. But as i was missing the feeling of being part of the hive, i randomly bought some votes for Ryouha. This year, i did the same, basically just for the sake of having participated.

I cast 5 votes. Normally, i am not a friend of split voting, but i decided to give three of my votes to Tanigawa Airi and two to Kitagawa Ryouha.

I actually want Ryouha to have a very good result to be a strong cornerstone in the future SKE. She has to fight against stereotypical resentments from years back (you know, the "deer in the flashlight"-syndrome), but id like people to know that she has actually involved into a very solid idol. She wont be a Rena or Dasu or Aya or Churi, but i am sure she can be something not far behind. So, for the sake of Sakae i support her, just as i did last year. Of course i like Ryouha a lot, too, but voting for her its more of a hako oshi thing :>

In other words, its mostly "tactical" voting, and i have to admit that i wont be that mad if its failing.

But then, Tanigawa Airi decided to participipate again after her hiatus last year. Airi is the closest thing to an oshimen i have after Sae graduated. I haven't developed a passion as deep as the one i had for Sae, but its enough that i would feel pretty bad if i wouldnt vote for her. Top 80 is the aim, and here, i would be pretty disappointed if that would not happen.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  3. sscrla

sscrla Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I voted for the first time, having bought 5 codes from Sakuraism. If I had had the votes a year ago, I would have cast them all for Paruru. Since that wasn't an option this year, I cast all five for Kojimako. The reasons: I like her odd voice, her football shows on FChan TV, her not perfect teeth (although she is trying to ruin that by getting them straightened), her infectious laugh, and because it is her time to be in senbatsu. Also, the 14th gen stage was just a lot of fun.

P.S. You say that Reasoning is in the title, but it isn't. For some reason, that made me think that we weren't to give reasons until after the SSK.

4. x_lambs

x_lambs Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Ota Aika
    We have to remind people to look on the events thread. Or get it on the stage banner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

5. miraise

miraise Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I'm a student so I couldn't buy a lot, but I bought 6 votes and gave them all to my oshimen Seichan. She's been trying so hard but hasn't ranked before, and she's been really frustrated about her friends ranking but she hasn't gotten any real acknowledgement yet.. Of course I gave it all to her.

6. kio(BossOshi)

kio(BossOshi) Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tanaka Natsumi
    I'm slowly but steadily adding up my votes. This year I bought 5 Votes for myself. Because it's important to the girls I want to support, it is important to me. I want to give it all I can. Even though it isn't much X'D (Working hard here to be able to get a good paying job)
    I voted 2 times for Tanaka Natsumi of course, since she's my Oshimen <3
    But I also voted 2x for Sakura because I think it is important for AKB that she ranks high. At best, higher than Mayuyu and Sasshi. And even if this isn't much, and probably won't make much of a difference, I want to be part of a change that will hopefully come this year :)
    And 1 vote went to Sakamoto Erena because she is so hardworking and talented and she is my favorite young mmbr and I can see her being really big in the future. She can talk and sing and dance very well and she is unconventional and different and funny.

7. ptakbfan

ptakbfan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Rika
    Ota Yuuri 3 votes
    Goto Rara 3 votes
    Komiyama Haruka 3 votes

8. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Can you please first PM your votes to me? The reasoning thread is more about how and why you voted, not how much :>

9. ptakbfan

ptakbfan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Rika
    Well, I feel dumb! :^^;:

I voted for these because I actually have been following these girls for around a year, when I started to make a dedicated effort to learn about more than just the most popular members. As it happens all of these girls (Yuuri, Rara, Komiharu) are in a situation this year where they have real chances at achieving nice spots in SSK, so I decided to support them. Last year I only voted for Komi because she was all I knew about, and even though I've softened a little bit in my interest for her (I've come to prefer a different style of idol), I still support her intensity and she was one of the people that made me decide to branch out from just knowing Kami 7 girls. <3

10. KingIdols

KingIdols Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takita Kayoko
    I couldn't buy to many votes this year because of school expenses(also buying international votes is super exspensive lol (I spent $70CAD on 3 votes :^^;:)), but I ended up deciding to give one of the votes I got for Kayoyon to Naachan. She's my favourite out of all the more higher ranked girls and I really want to see her make it to kami 7! :1st:

11. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    I have now counted 32 entries. That is roughly half the number of 2016. The current standing in the race is:

No member had more than 5 different votes so far.

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    If you buy the votes on this forum it's cheaper lol
    I got 3 votes from ithebigC for ~$35CAD lol

==============================

My reasoning:

1 vote to Sakura to support her clause into destroying AKB

1 vote to Mako because her smile saves my soul

1 vote to Hina Chwan because she is messiah of this group (This vote was meant for Yukirin but since she dropped out so I guess this is fate)

Side note: Was really struggling on whether or not to vote for Sasshi and Yuihan. But in end for financial reasons I gave up the thought. I believe they can reach their goals though.

13. skuf

skuf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Goto Moe
    Twitter:
    TravisSkuff
    WHO; MOEKYUN (4) + AYAKANI (1)

WHY; um Because Moe the New Kami Oshi Number One

and Ayakani Used to do the 3 hour SR of her just eating... and that was a nice, constructive use of my time..

[really povo this year and the Haruppi team being out meant @#%@#% expensive codes (on conversion) so had to pack it all in and do #1 and #2 only insted of the usual spead of girls]

14. Chito Eleandre Meneses

Chito Eleandre Meneses Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    i predict that the number one this year will be either of three of them:
    *Sasshi- she has a most number of number one in this senbatsu sousenkyo. she has many chinese and otaku fans so that she can get this spot.
    *Mayuyu- unlike Sasshi, she has also otaku fans but they had a pretty match-up between her and Sasshi. she got a number one in the past 3 years.
    *Jurina- according to her, she aim to be number one in this year, so she can do her best with her supporting fans.

15. Reveen

Reveen Kenkyuusei

The Haruppi scheme codes were for Haruppi only, not for other girls.

This is the first time in 5 years I haven't voted, I'd imagine the same could be said for fans of other prominent girls like Yukirin, Sayaka, Tomu etc.

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Personally, I will not reveal the amount of votes I made for each member since I don't believe in the legitimacy of some of what is reported here. However, as far as reasons, I am happy to participate...

I have voted in every Sousenkyo, although admittedly I hate the SSK for a multitude of reasons. However, since my oshimen was competing, I always felt compelled to support her in any way I could. So my track record is that I have always voted for one member each year. (The amount of votes has varied)

In 2009 I voted for Meetan
    2010-2015 I voted for Wasamin
    2016 I voted for Tani Marika

After Wasamin graduated I felt relieved that I would not have to put any more energy into this event. In fact last year, I only made ONE VOTE, and that was my Fan Club vote. I bought no CDs. This year, however, I wanted to attend the handshake events associated with the 48th single, so I bought CDs, and consequently, I ended up with voting tickets (in addition to my fan club votes) Since I feel no energy for this event, I strongly considered selling all of my votes, and I had a lot of people asking to buy them too, but ultimately I ended up voting for the two members who have been giving me kami treatment at hs events lately. Actually, more than two have been doing that, and I would love to give them all votes as a kind gesture, but at the end of the day all of my votes went to Akiyoshi Yuka and Matsumura Kaori. So this is also the first time I have ever split my votes too. Actually, most of my votes went to Akiyoshi, but I didn't want to skunk Kaotan, so...

17. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    You may want to PM me this :>

18. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

Sakura - 23 votes
    Mayuyu - 10 votes

I used to split votes between paruru and sakura but wanted to support mayu this year a little bit. Had 3 two-shot tickets with mayu for the first time early this year and she was much more awesome in person than I thought. As for sakura, I personally don't think this is THE year to throw in all votes for her. Being 3rd is not too different from 4th. I think next year is the year to vote all out when she'll be fighting for number 1.

(edit: bought 30 votes from sakuraism)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  19. macchan

macchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    So, I voted for the first time this year and it was a good choice as I now feel that I have really supported my faves.
    I bought 5 codes from Sakuraism and 3 CDs (one of each type), that makes 8 votes.
    I won't say who got how many votes, but after struggling to figure out who I wanted to support the most this year, I gave my votes to Watanabe Mayu (because she wants #1 and is my oshimen after all), Kato Minami (it makes me so sad to see the little support she gets, I want her to do better and steal back her center position) and Kitagawa Ryouha (oshimen number 2, she's the one who got the most votes from me because I just couldn't stand her sad expression last year when she found out she was only two places higher than the year before).
    As you can see in my signature, those three are the ones I love the most in 48 group, so it might not be a big surprise, lol.
    After all, I just wanted to give back a little love because they somehow saved me from falling back into depressions this past year. They will never know but that's ok ♡

20. rka

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    i have now 56 users participating with some votes still pending, and about 1100 votes confirmed and counted.

I expected this poll to take much more of my time, but its pretty relaxed. So, i figured, maybe ppl do not like to tell me their votes (as i am not a staff guy, and some people have noted i have become a sloppy, grumpily poster in recent years), but then i realized that exit poll participation is pretty much decreasing anyway. I dont know if that is correlated with decreasing interest in sousenkyo or a shrinking fandom size.

Unbenannt1.PNG