1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert The 2nd AKB48G Draft Kaigi (15/05/10)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 23, 2015.

1. parousia

parousia Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    teppen_48
    But it's her sister.. I can't imagine what Nao must be feeling right now.
    It's so sad that Hiwatashi Yui and Nomura sisters didn't get in NMB since they have shown their passion for NMB. Same with Kawano who's very talented.

2. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I don't think NMB is stale at all, but i've noticed that in all 48G they've been relying more and more on the loli factor rather than the talent that they actually have. Why was Imamura Maria everyone's favorite? Because she was cute and young and short. Not saying she's not talented,, but there were others who were more so. Imamura was the instant favorite because of the loli factor. But we'll have to see how they all do first. A lot of the time I've felt the draftees didn't actually add anything to the team so I hope this time goes better.

3. Takaruru_Otaku48

Takaruru_Otaku48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    sakimaaai96
    I would like a link too please!

4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @WingsofAngels48
    I didn't mean NMB. I meant Team N. They are losing members 1-by-1 from graduation.
    If anything, they need the freshness.
    Well I think the choices were all fairly talented though, especially N's choices.
    They're young but full of raw potential, both Yuzuha and Nanami have dance experience, and look like they can really bud and develop as performers. Before jumping to conclusions about their talents and not adding anything to the team, yeah perhaps you should let them prove themselves first. Also, I thought everyone's favourite (by the number of times they got picked by teams) was Hiwashita Yui. Who exactly do you mean by "everyone" with Imamura Maria? Stop stereotyping fans as being lolicrazed. Sure they may like lolis but I don't think she was everyone's favourite. Sure she's cute and short and what not, but that's HKT's agenda anyway. Also it's a natural reaction I think for a lot of people to cheer for the "smallest one" (if you're talking about cheers from the crowd - they're still not everyone anyway) but that doesn't even mean they're her favourite tbh.

5. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

Gave up waiting for the full draft to appear somewhere so I could watch it. But this draft, it's awful

Some great performers like Kasai Kana and Yamane Suzuha, but Isshiki Rena gets drafted...have you seen her 'performing' KR??!! And didn't Nomura try and give up and then Muranaka actually leave and return to the draft? I wouldn't want a member with that low commitment in my team. It really doesn't seem like the scouts did anything but look at the girls and think that they might be good tbh

And I really don't see the point of Maria in HKT. I thought the draft was to pick members that were lacking in the teams, not like someone they already have

The only probably good point of the draft is Vivian...

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I think @WingsofAngels48 is fearing another Yokosima Aeri. The girl who generated a lot of buzz because she looks like Jurina, so everyone had a lot of expectations. The girl was only overrated at the time.

7. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    the captains this time aren't high on drafting too many girls (SKE)[hehe] maybe AKB management is thinking of bringing back the generation audition which is more effective imo. since the draft kaigi is more like a stand-alone members. I don't know if I'm correct but didn't AKB management said that what separate draft members from the usual-kks audition is that. draft members have a higher standard like Sayanee level-standard in versatility or Sasshi and Micchan level-standard in variety so, captains can chose the type of members they need on their group. oh, well I hope they do a generation audition again. since every generation create a diamond member while draft kaigi is more for the publicity.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  8. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    @rka I think the 48G/AKS mandate was to recreate the success of Team 4, HKT, & ~Team 8 = younger with potential, so they gradually build a fanbase in theatre overtime.

Getting draft members for the express purpose of being theatre members is smart, if not just another set of KKS, tbh. But it allows the 48G to use their established members with larger fanbases, who don't necessarily get a lot of screentime elsewhere, to get screentime elsewhere. To be quite honest, I wouldn't want draft members or KKS to get in on the ENTIRE AKB48 experience until they've been vetted by theatre performances [or acquire a ridiculous fanbase].

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @MayuMK30048 Regular KKS auditions are coming. As mentioned by Takamina and Yuihan at the end of the draft event. Also, applications from Taiwan are currently being solicited by management. NMB and AKB currently have no KKS. And HKT is short on KKS, while the ones they do have are sooooooooo ready for promotion to full member status. It is only a matter of time until we hear about new auditions. I suspect HKT will be first up. Not mention NGT is in the middle of their auditions, of course.

10. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I've heard A LOT of people going crazy about Imamura..and there's no denying that cuteness is often a winning factor in this fandom. More and more it's become cuteness over talent, although NMB is usually better about this than other groups.

11. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Bit annoying to keep hearing that a lot of girls were picked only because they're cute when we heard from multiple members of different teams that they had singled out picks based on reports from scouts and studying their performance. I think it's good that a couple/few were picked because the teams saw something in a girl that day that they hadn't seen previously. Sometimes you have to go with your instincts. Not to mention there was a lot of talk and study at each table, those picks were definitely thought out. I especially liked one of the choices Team K made to grab a girl who's not so great at dancing after Miichan emphasized her desire to keep K's dance image (love her as a captain). It really is a challenge to the girl - let's see what hard work can do. It's the spirit AKB was built on.

I'm disappointed that Maria and Vivian went to HKT; though I wanted them to be picked, somewhere else would have been better for me. I dislike that it seems that was expected, and I'm beginning to think HKT may not be the group for me much longer (though I'll always support my faves there, I just can't stay invested in it so much as a whole). The girls in it are developing, improving, and maturing, but the older ones are being held hostage to that babyish image. I'm going to be very interested in NGT (as I've mentioned previously a few times) not only because it's exciting to follow a group from the very beginning but also, primarily, because I really like the image they're heading toward. Ogino was a great pick for them - she is vey talented, very pretty, and as a founding member of the group, she stands a really good chance of nabbing one of those early-established perma-senbatsu spots, assuming NGT doesn't go wild trying to be different from the other groups.

And, of course, Team A. They got probably the best girl of them all (my opinion only! you're not required to agree) and she really looks like a good fit for A - assuming she wants to be there and can handle the disappointment of not getting her preferred NMB. Maybe the thought of being wanted so badly by them will help with that - the Team A table was going nuts when they won that draw!

12. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    Watched the stream this morning (last night? lol). Bittersweet about the whole thing because so many girls didn't get picked...I was really expecting some of the teams to choose more girls. That being said...
    MARINA AND YUKA TO NGT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Other picks I'm happy about:
    Team 4 - Chiba Erii
    Team BII - Muranaka Yuki, Ando Erina
    Team H - Murakawa Vivian
    Team KIV - Imamura Maria
    Pretty sad about Yamane Suzuha not being picked, she was my third favorite after Yuka and Marina...

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They did? That's cool!!

I wonder if any of the girls from the first draft will participate in those. They said they'd go straight to the last round.
    Did they say anything of the sort to the girls that weren't picked up today? :/

I think AKB's 16th can wait until the end of the year, tbh. The teams are full and I think they still haven't exploited the last members they got (from the first draft only Sayaya is doing something remarkable, and most of the 15th gen have not had a chance in the spotlight).

I agree that HKT is in deer need of a 4th gen though.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yeah, they told the un-drafted girls that there are still regular auditions and to not give up on getting into 48G. Combined with what we know of the groups as regards KKS. Safe to say they are coming.

Not to sure on whether they get fast-tracked to the final rounds of auditions. But I believe that is still a thing.

AKB should wait. At least until the end of the year, or there is a sudden spike in the grad rate in Tokyo.

15. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    I kinda hope a bunch of the undrafted members get fast-tracked to NGT, if they're willing to move and/or live in the area...
    ...but I heard NGT is looking for something a little older than the avg. draft member?

16. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    AKB just doesn't need KKS right now, especially considering how big the teams are with all the kenin girls. With the new draft members, Teams K and B are at 26 and 25 members now. There haven't been that many graduations from the main group lately, so kks aren't really needed to replace them right now.

17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    They also said that at the last deaft and the only audition we're getting are only SKE 7th gen and post Yamada Nana......

18. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    @flutterbyu what? AKB kinda *does* need KKS LOL? Especially when so many girls are elsewhere or sick that they have girls from other Teams come fill out the ranks for a stage?

Even tonight, Ucchi is subbing for someone & Renacchi can't make it, so Team 4 has to tough it out with 15...
    KKS are reserves in place just for occasions like these...

19. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato

if the video does not show watch the video here Full draft video. - credit to the uploader

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That is not the full show. That is only the first hour. Full show is over 4hours.;)