1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert The 2nd AKB48G Draft Kaigi (15/05/10)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Hahaha I literally just finished skimming through that video and it's down already. That was quick!

As for the results, I'm pleased with NGT48's choices, but kind of meh about the others. I'm going to be 29 this year and find it very hard to get excited about members that are only 11 years old. They could be my children! If this trend continues I'll probably have to keep my attention only on NGT :/.

Edit: I have to add that I'm not a fan of loli. Clearly! :^^;:
    Edit 2: Komiharu is a fluke.

2. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Gotta say I'm surprised Team N only took 2 members. They will be down to just 16 with Murokana graduation. With the two draftees that makes 18, but NMB has ZERO KKS right now. I would have expected them to pick more like 4 girls to round out the team. Not like there weren't any good picks left.

3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I think AKB needs KKS more now since almost every team are already established and they do need another batch of members to build-up. time is of the essence in AKB. even just one year delay for a member to grow will held her back. look at Sayanee, Milky, Yuihan, Mayuyu and Paruru. their batch are already on the early 20's. though I hope they stay with the 48G for three to four years. since I don't think AKB will survive if they lost all established new gen members now.

4. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    On NMB, apparently they were told that they had a limit on how many members they could pick by management, so there's a general feeling that 5th gen auditions are going to be happening sometime soon.

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    AKB took a chance with the draft. Team A wouldn't have gotten Hiwatashi Yui if they pulled out in the 1st round, same goes for the other teams who got picks. We've seen performances with less than 16 members and it's not uncommon. They need KKS to fill in those gaps or you'll see Miki subbing for Team K or even Miyabi or Megu subbing for Team K.

KKS are supposed to be legit unders for a team performer but through the years it changed its role.

16th gen is really long overdue so I guess they need that but the girls should have been notified about it.

6. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Thing is new K and new B, well, the draftees might take them to 26 and 25, but then: K has Jurina and Sayanee who are virtually never there, and Haruppi who is rarely there, plus Shihorin who is graduating. B has Milky and Nako who I presume won't be around that often, plus Mayu and Yukirin who have substantial other stuff going on. If the team is short, maybe people are ill or have exams or something, then the chances are that the above are busy and can't fill in. Plus both teams have a Team 8 kennin and I have no idea how often they will be around. So, then you're already more looking at 21 and 20. Then there's the not-senbatsu-but-still-busy people like Wasamin or Sakiko or Mayumi who also have things to do, restaurants to run... Then every single younger girl has school... Suddenly the gaps start to make a lot more sense...

7. CherryBonchan

CherryBonchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Yeah, this pre-SSK season with all the senbatsu members doing PR & everyone getting sick has been killer on theatre performances. AKB & NMB have basically no KKS, so they sub from other teams. HKT & SKE are usually safe. But it's times like these the KKS are really needed.

Team K is fluffed, but it's a skeleton crew since Sayanee, Jurina, Haruppi are never there, Yuihan & Kitarie have ridic responsibility on the side, Kojimako & Tano are usually out for whatever reason... at least senshuurakus & SSK are up soon. After that, theatre performances should reset back to normal-- no more of this emergency subbing nonsense [that's *kinda* fun in its own right]

8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

HKT isnt safe, H members subs for KIV very often and KKS are already undering

9. otoppoi

otoppoi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Not really. SKE member count for each team is pretty low right now, before you even start including senbatsu absences. Team S shows in particular often have to include members from KII, E, and even brand-spankin'-new 7th gen KKS. I'm hopeful the new crop of draftees won't have as much of a delay before their stage debut as the 1st round did.

10. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Once SKE gets their 7th gen KKS trained up they should be fine. There's enough of them to fill in the gaps once they learn the stages. NMB is probably the most lacking right now, Team N in particular.

Hey, remember when Teams only had 16 members, and when they went up to 20 or so it was considered "crowded"? Now 26 members somehow isn't enough. I think it's more a problem of how theater performances are prioritized (absolute last priority) than not having enough girls.

Keep in mind that the teams are getting bigger now with the new draft members, plus the additional kennin in AKB once the shuffle takes effect. Plus they'll probably be getting new members from Taiwan. I agree that NMB and HKT need KKS, but I still think AKB could hold off a year or so until the teams get back to the 20-22 member range.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  11. wotapota

wotapota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    I missed the stream yesterday, is anyone aware of an available recording of the stream? I'd appreciate that a lot!

12. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    it's not like the KKS are gonna be added to the regular teams right away. their gonna be KKS for some time or maybe even a year or two. and they only got one or two draft members added on their teams the same with kennins. it's the time of producing ace members that are in line on here. since it looks like generation change is much faster than before. it will take time to build up an ace member anyway. just look at how long the 9th gen waited to be on the spotlight. Paruru and Yuihan did waited like 4 years to be a regular senbatsu members and get the popularity they have now. 4 years in the making of becoming an ace material or leader figure.

13. Corinth

Corinth Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    About auditions: I really wanna listen to the end part again, cause the only thing I caught about auditions is that there is still time for the draftees that weren't selected to apply for NGT auditions. I didn't hear anything about auditions for AKB or other groups.

If somebody finds a clip of that portion at the end, can you let me know? I think it would be important to clear that up.

14. violin

violin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    etomisa
    In regards to the thing with younger members, girls who are young are the most promising. They have a long future ahead of them and are able to develop as idols over time. This is probably why they were selected, and not because of "loli-factor."

15. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I'm so glad I called many of the placements AND my favorites all got drafted. I wrote earlier in the thread: "I found these girls to have good potential and think they will have the best chance of being chosen: Ando Erina, Imamura Maria, Ogino Yuka, Kuriyama Yuuka, Kusakabe Aina, Sugawara Mayu, Seiji Rena, Nishikawa Rei, Nishimura Nanako, Nomura Mio, Hiwatashi Yui, Hori Shion, Hongou Yuzuha, Matsuoka Hana, Mukouyama Aira, Mega Yako, Yasuda Momone, and Yamane Suzuha.

My top picks though are Ogino Yuka, Yasuda Momone, and yes, Imamura Maria (she's good, and cute). If these 3 don't get snatched up right away I'll be surprised."

Bolded the ones who actually got picked. I am surprised that Nomura Nao got chosen instead of Mio, and that Mega Yako didn't get chosen at all...she has such an interesting "idol-like" name, too.

I like Hiwatashi Yui and I think she'll be a great addition to Team A. I like that Team A only chose one member; I feel its previous draft candidates are kind of holding it back as neither of them are amazing.
    Imamura Maria going to HKT and Ogino Yuka going to NGT are perfect placements. Yuka especially will be such an asset to NGT as she has worked with AKB already and is going in with some experience. I am quite surprised that Kitarie and Yukirin stopped at 2, when the roster is empty. I don't think it would have hurt them to pick a couple more girls, but I am happy with their 2 choices.
    As for my other favorite, Yasuda Momone being on BII pretty much ensures I will never see her, but I really think she will be a strong presence there. She definitely had one of the most impressive video showcases.

Well, maybe because I followed it more this year but I thought this time was more exciting than last time. They still didn't do much to spice it up, but I'm not sure how much you can really do for this kind of event...it's probably best like this. They are deciding girls' futures after all, it would be bad to include too many gimmicks.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  17. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Official Pics from AKB48's NAVER LINE:
    Click images for larger size

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

When do they get threads here?

19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

At the current rate, probably sometime in 2016 :lol:

20. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    When they get her debut at the theaters, so in no less than 3 months.