The AKB48 GL/yuri thread!

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by loveandcoffee, Sep 15, 2010.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

GL shippers, I know you are there! XD I see hints here and there in the girls' threads, so I thought, why not gather in a specific thread? It has the double advantage of being able to have our AKB48 (SKE, SDN, anything XD) yuri talk more freely, and people who don't have any interest in it are able to skip it easily :D

So go ahead and post! Talk about your favourite pairing, post screencaps, pics, fanart and fanfics (yours or recommendations) :D
    Just remember to keep it tasteful (no vulgarity please D: ) and, if something's not suitable for work (or your parents, or school, or anything XD) state it and post it under a spoiler tag è_é/

To get the thread started: what is your favourite 48 pairing and why? :D
    I can't choose between Marikoji and the Twin Towers, both of them are amazing in a different way and I love them ♥

2. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Nacchan and Mayu.

Why? What am I supposed to say? They're obviously ba--in love. How could I not support that?

:3

3. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^ I completely agree with this. [nod]

4. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I'm pretty fastidious about pairings, but twin towers, all the way. :drool:
    I'm still waiting for that real Great Akimoto & Miyazawa dose though. Yeah, you know... :hehe:

5. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    What issa said.

6. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

Tomo+Tomo: The BFF pairing
    TakaA+cchan: The BFFL pairing
    Tomo+Acchan: The OTHER BBFL pairing
    Rino+Rie: Even more BFF
    Mayu+Lovetan: The U-17 BFF pairing
    Koji+Yuu: The "one pervs on the other and her girl ignores her but secretly enjoys it"
    Meetan+Anyone: The "I perv on anyone!"
    Sasshi+Lovetan: The harassment pairing
    EreMyao: The loli-pairing XD
    SaeYaka: The hawt, tall pairing
    MaYuki: Team B love!
    Mayu+Nacchan: WH love!
    etc
    etc

All in all, pairings are the way to go :approve:

7. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I don't think I have a favorite pairing anymore... It used to be Natsumi and Yuko only because Yuko was my second favorite at the time, but now she's my 5th favorite, so I have no idea. XD (I still like them together, obviously, but I dunno if they're my favorite pairing, especially since they weren't together that often in the first place)

8. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Aaaaaaaaaah. Yay! A GL thread. This idea is amazing. <3 My favourite pairing is Sakiko/Misato! MISAKIKO. I've been thinking of writing some AKB fanfiction, but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. I've been in this fandom for about 10 months now & haven't read any so. I don't know. But now that there's a whole GL topic... I could give it a try? I mean, I'm not entirely too keen on the Misakiko pairing being ~lovers~ but I like the idea of a fluff!fic. Y'know? (Not that I'm against AKB fanfiction with lovers, I'm just sayin' that I see the Misakiko pair as BFFLs & that's probably what I would write the most.)

9. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Not GL or 'yuri' (I'm rusty, but doesn't yuri have to be kind of explicit?), but I love, love, love Natsuki and Ami together. They're so cute.

10. aznnerd

aznnerd Kenkyuusei

From what I know (which isn't much lol) yuri is more explicit, shoujo ai less so.

11. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

TakaAcchan <3 .. There's a lot of post about this in the Takahashi thread but not much in the Maeda one.. aahh~~ the Taka fans :hehe:

As to why, well.. I don't really know. They look cute together.. <3

OH and not forgetting the more obvious KojiYuu.. ;)

I'm definitely interested :chuffed:

12. kenchanayoh

kenchanayoh Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i always love meetan corrupting maachan

it is fun because maachan is an empty slate [devil]

13. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Massive reply post XD

Please do!!!
    Tbh, one of the reasons why I set up this topic was to see if there was any fic writer around XD I usually read fics from Japanese BBSs but I cry everytime cause everyone over there is all over SaeYuki and I seriously dnw D: *shakes fist at Infinity*, but I've never seen much of it in the English fandom. D: Yaoi is everywhere but I feel like GL hasn't caught on much.
    So, Kenny-san, pleasepleaseplease do *_* *offers cookies*

Hmmm I'm not sure about the western nomenclature but in Japan GL and Yuri are kind of synonymous and range from the very platonic to more "adult" stuff, both targeted to men and to women (two totally different genres if you ask me ._.). Explicit stuff is usually signalled as "裏" (ura, meaning "reverse", I dunno why XD)
    And I haven't heard "shoujo-ai" in a long time. XD

YUKO MUST KEEP HER CLINGY HANDS OFF MARIKO'S GIRLFRIEND. XDDDD disclaimer: I adore Yuko eh XD
    Ahahah I was thinking about writing something about Mariko and Yuko fighting for the love of a very oblivious Haruna. I'll get around to it eventually XD.

THIS. ALL THE WAY. I could die a happy fangirl then.

14. bamboobranch

bamboobranch Kenkyuusei

Yes, please!!! I started to like them more and more especially after they openly declared their adoration for Sayaka so many times XDDD

If there's anything else, anything but SaeYuki there, WHERE WHERE WHERE??? :omfg: Give me the link!!! Seriously, if it's Infinity, I'd prefer SayaTaka [wonder] I'm so starving for fanfics now that I'll even read Japanese if there's any paring I'm interested in~ :cry:

Many could die happily then :drool:

15. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

... you mean there are other pairings besides Saeyaka? :lol:

Really, though. Saeyaka = ultimate win forever and ever OTP. EVER. Extra ever for emphasis.

Adding my voice to the choir of DO IT! I'd definitely read it! :D

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I actually wrote a couple of really short Mayu/Nacchan pieces months ago, but the only person who read them was Wendy. I put them on my old fic journal but EVERYONE who has it friended is there for Kpop boy love, so. I never shared it here since I never see AKB fic anywhere and I didn't know how people here would react to it. Recently, I've been kind of thinking about trying to write more.

As for other pairs that are obviously madly in love: Harugon and Ayarin, Lovetan and Haachan, Suuchan and Harukyan, Maa and Meetan (back off, Mariko =/ ), and Takacchan.

There's obviously been a saga of sorts going on with HaruAya and CanMero (idk, someone has that as their Twitter username with an icon of Suu and Kyan, I think it's clever XD), because Ayarin has been ALL OVER Suu lately and even calling it SuuAya. But HaruAya came first, and they talked about "a lot of things happening" (not the exact quote, going off memory here) in the BATH they shared while sharing a hotel room. Uhhhh, yeah. So I'm not sure when a fight went on and who's trying in particular to make who jealous, but I'll be happy when HaruAya appear to be restored.

This is how their blogs read to me, okay?

Also Haachan is Lovetan's second oshi, and Lovetan is Haachan's oshi. Haachan calls her Lovesama. They're the number one pair I want to see shuffled into OshiMeshi. I would die.

But Mayucchan, as I started calling them a long time ago - or NatsuMayu as I've seen on Youtube - is still my number one OTP. I could list examples of proof of their love forever. Nacchan being in Mayuyu's 600 seconds, that blog entry Nacchan made once about how Mayu was on her lap and she was "awake," trying to kiss Mayu in the Hats Dash making of, their old vlogs where they play the Pocky Game or or otherwise almost kiss, Nacchan's altered introduction at Mayu's 16th birthday show, Mayu MCing Nacchan's birthday ceremony and all of their interactions throughout that...it is love.

17. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Post the links here :D That's what this thread is for! I'd be happy to read them (and I guess I wouldn't be the only one ^_-)

well, a Japanese use that I find really clever (and didn't ever spread in the West, not even in yaoi fandom) is to write the pairing names in the tachi x neko (aka, seme x uke) order. So Mayucchan would be Mayuyu x Natsumi, and Natsumayu would be Natsumi x Mayuyu. If the Youtube opv were Japanese, probably the reason's that they see Mayuyu as neko. XD

Btw I didn't know much of their interactions but reading what you wrote... they're so cute. ;A;

18. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Oh wow! Overwhelming response is overwhelming. Awesome! I'll get to work on a small one-shot to test the waters with, then. I have two exams this week so I'm not sure when I'll get to complete it, but expect it by the middle of next week.

19. bamboobranch

bamboobranch Kenkyuusei

Uh? I thought it was a common sense that the pairing name usually in tachi x neko/seme x uke, or at least in yaoi Eng-speaking fandom. Unless the name is too familiar or they take turn XDDD that they ignore the order~

And while waiting for pinkbohemia's fic,
    Because I've just watched a bunch of K6 LODs, maybe you all know already but I found these funny

K6 shonichi LOD
    Sae: During K6 lessons, Akimoto Sayaka and Nanoka Misato got along really well
    Misato: Yeah, I’m soooo interested in Sayaka-chan [rock]
    Others: What do you mean by “interested in”??
    Sae: At first she called Sayaka “Akimoto-san” but now after lessons, it’d turned into “Sayaka-chan”
    I sense a jealous Sae here :fear:
    Tomochin: We've always been in team A together but she keeps calling me Itano-san *pouts*
    Sayaka: Let's try calling her Tomochin!
    Misato: Tomochin...san *fails* [sealed]
    K6 2010.03.15 LOD
    Theme: What’s the special trait of new Team K?
    Sayaka: At first because my face is scary, I used to think that kenkyuusei and such won’t talk to me. But recently, Miicha, well, I don’t know if I can say we get along well or not…
    Misato: We get along well, don’t we? Recently~
    Sayaka: Yeah, recently, she laughs just by looking at my face. Sakiko started to send meaningless mails to me as well~ And I’m happy with that
    I wonder what kind of meaningless mails Sakiko sent to Sayaka :shifty:
    K6 2010.05.07 LOD
    Theme: What’s your machiuke (waiting/standby screen on cellphone) at the moment?
    Reinyan: My machiuke is the chuu~shot with Yuko-san *she mis-said the two-shot for chuu(kiss)-shot*
    Sae: Wait a minute, if it’s a chuu~shot you should *shhhh*
    Reinyan: No, it’s two-shot, Yuko-san hugged me from behind and we took a picture Yuko again :XD:
    Yonerumi: Tomochin, hug Rumi and let’s take a photo like that~
    Tomochin: No way!
    Yonerumi: T_T Rumi was rejected on the spot :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    Sakiko: My machiuke is a two-shot with Akimoto Sayaka-san
    Yuko & Miichan: Why???
    Sakiko: Eh? Because I love her! :inlove:
    Sae x the world
    K6 Yonezawa’s bday LOD
    Sae: Recently, during handshake events, a lot of female fans kept asking me “Please be my boyfriend!” And because I really like everybody so I always replied “Okay~!”. And really sorry but I’m probably dating dozens of girls already now Sae you player, Sayaka is right next to you [box] I’m truly sorry everybody. Lately I usually think that if I were to be reborn, I wanna be a boy~ [emo]
    And the ultimate Saeyaka
    K6 Sae's birthday LOD
    When they celebrate Sae's bday
    Sayaka: You've turned 20 now.... blah blah blah...From now on, please keep your boy's heart as well as...
    Sae: boy??? *wants to cry* OK, thank you, you're right, because I'm thin like a boy...
    Sayaka: Because you're flat
    Sae: flat *dumbfounded*
    Yuko: *points* Hey Sayaka, it's not you who said that about others!
    Sayaka: *realizes and covers her breast* :hehe:
    Sae: *just has to be evil and touches Sayaka from top to bottom in front of many people* [devil]
    Audience: *dies happily* :^O^: :^O^:
    Okay, and now I'm waiting for any fanfic to come up [smirk]

20. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Ahahaha, that last one was amazing. That reminds me I gotta make a gif of it xD