1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

The Akimoto Yasushi Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ame-rin, May 2, 2011.

1. David61

David61 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The UK free newspaper Metro has the story (sourced from Billboard Japan) on its website:
    https://metro.co.uk/2018/09/13/bts-...me-a-single-album-for-japanese-armys-7940892/

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. fatrain

fatrain Upcoming Girls

dunno about "the all time best lyricist" and whatnot, but he's definitely been at the top BY FAR in recent years, so I don't think he needs that collaboration as a push or anything, he just does what he finds interesting for him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    No, but BTS sell like crazy and he wants the money ddd
    If he were interested in collaborating with them, why didn't he put himself forward when they released their other two Japanese albums? Cause they weren't as famous, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fatrain

fatrain Upcoming Girls

^ hm, it's not like it's Yasusu who "put himself forward" in the first place, it's the BTS agency that made a request for him, as the article says. but of course, nobody argues that their good sales persuade him to take up on the offer. he would probably not waste his time on a noname group that sells 10k copies or something.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

I'm not going to post examples and waste your time, but over on Twitter certain BTS "Army" fans attacking are attacking Akip essentially calling him out for exploiting 46 and 48 girls. They don't want someone like him to be associated with BTS.

It's the first time in my life I wanted to defend Akip lol

6. Endorsi

Endorsi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ju JingYi
    I thought Akip eat hate comments for breakfast

7. nokoru

nokoru Kenkyuusei

Last Idol says hi. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Actually it's K-Army who attacked Aki-P because they accused him of misogynistic lyrics and, the most serious one, right-wing supporter. Because most of Koreans still have big, deep grudge against Japan (especially with Japanese Invasion in 20th century, WWII, comfort woman), then K-Army don't want BTS to have collaboration with a "right-wing supporter".

(FYI, this reason also made Produce48 became the lowest popular Produce series compared to others)

Anyway, if you haven't, you can read the whole tweets here (TRIGGER ALERT)

Yasushi-Yamamoto-Yasumi-Yamamoto lolmao

9. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Rika
    And international ARMYs are eating it up lol They're really scared that Aki-P might write something contrary to the 'message' BTS is promoting.

Bashing Aki-P is one thing, dragging 48G and 46G down is a whole different story.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    He'll probably write something about footprints in the sand and whatnot.

I don't think he's ever written something too political.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. nvmea

nvmea Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Onishi Momoka
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    as long as there are gender-neutral pronouns which will provoke my thoughts
    スクリーンショット 0030-09-14 20.57.44.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. rka

rka Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Skimming through the aforementioned tweets made me sick.
    SJW-ism meets k-pop zealotry. What a combination.

People are so easily manipulated. They dont even realize how deeply involved in tribalism and group-think they are.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Looks like they cancelled the song?

The BTS fandom is just... :fp:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Deyan

Deyan Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    The worst. It's not even funny anymore it's sad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. sakurappu

sakurappu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The power of (K-)Army :fear:

Then RIP BTS in Japan. Once 5ch users know the news, they will bash not only BTS, but also the fandom itself
    *grabs popcorn and waits minus kakugo to translate*

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Wow. Armys need to fucking get over themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Twitter:
    speranzom
    See, the whole problem with Akimoto's constant and near-pathological reliance on flame-bait marketing (from bullshit like Minegishi's shaving, to the occasional chancy/shocking lyrics, to greelighting counterproductive and edgy farces like what we have seen today with Nakai's push or pretty much the entirety of Keyakizaka's creative direction -- it's always the same shit) is exactly this: that apart from the quick and cheap grab for attention he thirsts for, and which lasts just a few days before waning away, what we are left with, collectively speaking, are stigmas that will instead persist for years and will regularly come back to bite your ass when you least want it.
    Is this worth it?

Little side note: the allegation of right-wing nationalism are hilarious, when you look at the precedents. I actually miss the times when 2ch (especially the fun folks at the Morningcoffee board) used to call Akimoto a country traitor during the early Korean boom of 2010-11 because of all the inside connections he had with Dentsu (which was infiltrated by zainichis on all levels, at least according to their ~theories~), for one thing...

Even more hilarious to me is the fact that I am seeing Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, of all things, be mischaracterized as a ~problematic~ song promoting ~Japanese imperialism~, considering that back in the day the fucking Communist Party of Japan (!) even published an article on its official newspaper praising it for the anti-war message and going as far as to use it as a pretext to put the lyrics in opposition to Abe's administration policies (whatever they are).
    To top it off, later at the edition of the Words of the Year award that U-Can held on the same year, the song was played during the presentation of one of the winning slogans, "We won't tolerate Abe's politics", the reason being in fact how strong the anti-war message was within it and how reminiscent it was of the slogan's meaning.

If I were an outside partner, I'd rather stop thinking about politics and ~misogyny~ and be more worried about letting my business (and my own assets) be handled by a guy who in the past has doomed the Sega Dreamcast to commercial failure with his "creative" launch campaign, just to name an example of his unwise marketing directions, if anything.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kato Minami
    Twitter:
    TheForestFuller
    Seriously? I got no problem with BTS, but their fandom is a fucking joke (They have become worse then the Beliebers which is saying something).

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Endorsi

Endorsi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ju JingYi
  20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's done
    https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1041289721870077952

Aki-p: Well shieeet didn't know Korea was a left wing country LOL But how come no one said anything when I came up with Produce48??

Me: Cheer up mate, I'm sure at least you can give that song to one of the 48G now

Aki-p: You are right, Imma give it to Yoshimotozaka46 for the lulz

Me: Fxxk me!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1