1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The CONFESSION Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by yic17, Feb 4, 2012.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Why do you assume everyone here is "grown" or "men"

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    It's the internet. EVERYONE is a fat white male sitting in a basement, likely his mom's. Until proven otherwise. :rolleyes:

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

1) I confess this SSK is the most eagerly awaited one (as far as results in SB) of the six past ones I've followed. Easily...

2) Confess I'm harboring a lingering doubt that 48G has peaked, and that like H!P, will start its decline post-'17.
    Counterpoint: also felt this way after Sashiko won in '15, so it's been wrong before.

3) Confess that the rise of NGT and the launch of STU, have surprised the hell outta me... and can't put my finger on exactly why that is.

Is it the fanbase that's evolved as J48G has grown? Is it technology? Is it many lessons learned from the teething of all the J-48s before them (esp HKT & Kaigai)?

Never thought I'd take to NGT members as quickly as in my fave groups... but here we are. And STU's debut single is amazing, super-earworm-y. :)

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The wheel keeps on spinning, AKB is still exciting as ever, It's a new age, the past is the past. Time to look forward into the future. NGT and STU is gunna rock the world. Eitos has been breaking out this year as well. 16th gen looks promising and keep on developing them well should be good. Draft 2 is starting to rise in popularity. SKE is recovering and pushing out successfully with their young gens, they are going the right direction now. HKT is as consistent as ever with the prominent young girls becoming more mature and definitely be a strong contending force in the mix. Now if NMB can pull themselves together too...

5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Now, how can I promote my oshimen to Mayuyu oshi & Riripon oshi so they'll have new oshimen?

When it's 1 AM, I'm not sleeping, I'm bored, & nothing to watch on TV, I'm searching for some Japanese words I know on twitter or instagram which I can find some attractive Japanese girls. One of which is very interesting. I stalked her sometimes until I found that she's actually taken. Well, I can find another later. Her BF is average, makes me think that I can get an attractive Japanese girl. But I admit, I don't wanna be a hypocrite, if I get a chance to make any of my oshimen my GF, I would try to not bottle it.

6. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I confess that I've changed my mind a bit about NGT48's manager Imamura Etsuro. Although I still don't like many things on him, I'm grateful to him for doing everything he could to get permission for Rikachan to stream SR such as in her free time during HS events and on the move, to compensate her tight schedule during the SR event. (she finished 2nd because of the amount of broadcating time tho)

7. ET920

ET920 Member

1. I haven't manually downloaded a single 48G-related thing in the last 50 days. The only things that I keep downloading are Kahotaru's showroom (which is automatically saved in my PC) and the first STU48 live (which I dumped while streaming it). To put it into perspective, I have over 50Tb of 48G-related stuff, saved virtually everything since 2010.
    2. I learned Perl (programming language), then PHP but always thought Python was overrated. When I decided to write my own SHOWROOM client, I thought about doing it in VB.NET or C#, but went with Python, just because I could run it from my PC and phone. Unfortunately it didn't run on my phone due lack of libraries, but the PC version is amazing. And Python indeed wasn't overrated, it's quite good (after you get used to the stupid formatting rules). So, kind of sad at not having learned this years ago. Now studying Android to run it on phone.

8. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

1) Prior to her appearance on Niigata Friend... I never, in a million years, would've figured Ogiyuka would be as popular as she is. Serves me right -- she's amazing. :worthy:

2) Besides Naachan (who'll always be the top of my list of 48G idols)... I tend to gravitate towards a type, idol-wise. Strong-willed, but never mean... rather reserved and relaxed, but still fun. A good person -- less giggly, more mature, but not snobbish. Having knockout looks is not required. Deeper voices. And willing to make decisions, whether for their teammates/group or their own careers, that require them to stick their necks out -- and they do so. Tomu is the archetype... but these traits in Sasshi, and more recently in Team 8 (Left, Shuga for example) and NGT, stick my moe button in the 'on' position...

Speaking of NGT... this confession originally came about from someone there -- Takahashi Mau. Her recent appearance on Niigata Friend, made me a fan. We'd be good friends, I think if circumstances allowed us in another universe to be classmates or something. :cool:

3) I really, really, would like a new Honda Civic Type R -- it'd take me back to my yutes, when Hondas were fast AND cheap AND hatchbacks...

But given my budget (and tbh, my age)... the new Civic Hatch EX will do just fine, thanks. :whistle:

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Confession:

I never liked fans being DD. But recently I have become a DD for NGT. Everyone deserves to be center!

I am working my way towards becoming a MD.

YAS, this is my dream car too :omg:

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I think I'm not genuine Indonesian because I find that laughing "wkwkwk" is annoying & disturbing.

Why still laugh like that? has been invented and it's more useful and cost only 1 character if it's used on Twitter.

Note: if you can't see, what I meant was here.

11. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Now everything is doomed. :/

12. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I confess:

-- there were a lot of things about this new 10th-generation Honda Civic hatch I'd expected when picking it up last weekend. The wife got to drive it to work all week, and after a small road trip next weekend and ferrying the in-laws and family around in August... it'll see its magic 1500-mi break-in done. Some insights:
    1. It's a lot bigger inside than I expected, compared to the old '05. Reminds me more of an Accord inside... which fits as the sedan version is almost as big outside as my Accord.
    2. There's no comparison that this car is bigger, waaay heavier, but seems to drive like it weighs less than her old '05.
    3. The extra power, which is base-Accord-strong, makes it drive like an Accord, but with its interior stripped out to save weight.
    4. The interior is waaaay nicer than the '15 Civic we almost pulled the trigger on back in '14. And drives circles around it... for about the same price.
    5. The seats were a bit of a letdown, as the shape isn't that comfy for me... but the wife doesn't mind. Her car, her opinion holds court. :worthy:
    6. This car is in the break-in period, where you shouldn't gauge mpg... but it's getting about 30 mpg now... hopefully by August it gets better.
    7. The service access for this car is pretty tight -- but I should be able to do oil changes and such no problem. Tiny engine for such big power.
    8. Already notice what a victory it was to have waited for the hatch rather than pull trigger on the earlier sedan -- just stuff like dropping her off / picking her up at the airport with lots of bags... sooo much easier than the old car or my Accord sedan.

-- this spring was the most interested I'd been in J48G in several years -- even more than usual. Dunno what's changed about me (tons has changed in 48G though), but I think it's SR that's piqued interest again. At the same time... been noticing the G's been less active in sponsored or self-funded TV series lately... witness the demise of ODKK, a national show about idols that lasted 4 yrs... until its abrupt yank this season. I don't think SR had an active role in that, but then again don't know too much about its history with Japanese users. I do know you see tons about your fave idol in an SR series you'd never see in any TV show (like how they look and act when at home or on location shoots). Actually got interested in a few more idols, solely from SR.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    480px-OginoYukaNIII2017.jpg

What if Ogiyuka were picked by any team of AKB48? She wouldn't have this fate? Joining NGT48, she's senbatsu & co-captain of her Team, Team NIII. But if she joined AKB48 & had good fate, she could be a candidate to be future soukantoku, Yuihan grads, Juri becomes soukantoku, Juri grads, Ogiyuka becomes soukantoku.

Well, I'm really proud of her, as an honor to her, I'd name my daughter Yuka. Probably my daughter is half Japanese, her mother is Japanese so it wouldn't weird if her name is Yuka. I dunno if my wife name is Yuka.

Son? I'd like to name him Mark. Named after footballer Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, musician Mark Hoppus, & actor Mark Hamill. What? A half Japanese named Mark but is not half white but half Asian which isn't Filipino? Yeah, I just found names for my children.

14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

kubo shiori. i hate her to the level that i love her so much.

spite ? curiousity ? jelousy ? longing ? i want to have her face, that fragile looks rlly intrigues me, that slender body and white porcelain skin ? whats her problem rlly.. fuck, i rlly despise that looks so much but.. i also felt a huge jealousy and wanting of that looks so much, i dont know.. this feeling is strange even for me.

i rlly hate her looks, its make me insecure.. it makes me weak, and i hate those feelings. it disgust me, i dont want to go near her.

but it also incite the urge of feelings inside of me to protect her, like wtf.. what is this.

what are you ?

its alrdy couple of weeks and these feelings yet disappear, i dont even know much about her.. i want, i hope i can stop this feeling of jealousy towards her and stop low-key hating her.. so that only leaves feeling of like to her, so that i can comfortably support her as a fan.

i just cant hate and love someone at the same time, its just ridiculous, it frustates me and make me crazy.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Welp... there are a lot of people making the news now I feel much the same about. The Idiocracy has come fully to terrifying, incomprehensible reality.

And yeah... I must have my cute. I suppose that in itself is reason in many minds to add my name to the pile to be shot into the sun. [hehe]

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Eloquently put, @rka... it's been quite a while since I've been able to have a conversation about this with anyone, specifically about evolution and where it'll take us... to this I'll add a couple of points:

-- it's important to realize, evolution free of external manipulation a la CRISPR, PCR and other genetic techniques, came to its present condition after the passing of not thousands, not millions, but billions of years of simple trial-and-error via mutation. Mutagens do and always will persist in the environment -- and considering the ascent of life up to now, it'd be absurd for it to not only overcome, but take advantage of this seemingly insurmountable and uncontrollable variable, for better adaptation. Another variable is the elemental environment upon which life interpenetrates has its own violent sources of change for life to adapt to (bolide impacts, volcanism, quakes and their resulting affects of fire, flood, and severe climate). While both can certainly influence the creation of elegant and ingenious solutions to extreme conditions... the verdict as far as life is concerned, rarely manifests the fruits of this influence on timescales we humans can comprehend.

Think of a fish, say a single sardine. That fish is the surviving offspring of 4.28Ga of life self-assembling (probably through a transitory phase where organic chemistry first resulted in virus-like 'pseudolife', which is a fascinating sidebar). *All* of its parts are the result of evolutionary 'muchaburi' :^^;: refined through many trillions of failures. 99% of all species that ever lived, are now extinct. To think we can preempt, even improve upon the gauntlet of evolution that resulted in macromolecular life in the forms that we know it, in a timescale we know, is folly -- and sadly, typical of humans. Supreme irony being, we're also the pinnacle of macromolecular evolution -- and our apparent manifestation of this, is to poison ourselves with any numbers of toxic and wasteful actions/behaviors.

We're a way for the cosmos to know itself, Carl Sagan said. But our intelligence and the grasp we have of it, is a paper-thin sliver of time in the annals of evolution -- in short, we don't know enough about the intricacies and influences that resulted in us, to assume to improve upon us. However, it can be argued that evolution's solution to the problem of this timescale, *is* intelligence. But if we assume that, then do we have to assume societal collapse and severe depletion and destruction of natural timescale-derived resources, is part of this design? Many believe our society now, is on the brink of the same collapses that befell many of the most technologically-advanced ancient societies of their day.

-- it was a treat to watch two anime series recently: Knights of Sidonia, and Blame! -- both by creator Nihei Tsutomu. Both are of the same universe, but only casually overlapping, which was done quite well. It asks questions very similar to ones we're discussing here: if we are forced to move into intersystem or interstellar flight, how will we make the artificial genetic changes necessary to survive and thrive in the maw of inhuman deep space travel, and what would we then look like? What would a form of alien life impervious to hard vacuum and capable of interstellar travel look like, and what would be its agenda with us? How will the forms of pseudolife we create for our own goals, possibly turn against us (individually and as a society)... and what would *that* look like?

Many of the answers and suggestions in the series, tend to be hidden beneath the marketable, relatable requirements (humor, cuteness, sex appeal) that all anime series are forced to integrate to not lose the casual JDM fan. But to me there were a lot of signs that Nihei spent a lot of his time thinking about evolution intermeshing with technology -- a path we cannot avoid, on the path we're currently on -- *if* we survive to make the decisions. ;)

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Stephen Hawking proposed a simple experiment to see if time travel to the past is possible:

Print out an invitation for the time travelers, in triplicate, with a time a few minutes from now. Do not inform anyone of the party until after it is supposed to begin. Include the date and coordinates of your party, set the invitations beside you, and wait for the exact moment...

If time travel from the future to the past is possible, someone who finds the remains of the invitations thousands of years from now, can utilize backwards time travel and attend the party.

No one has yet appeared to attend Stephen's, nor my party. Proving that time travel to the past, is not possible. ;)

However it's been postulated that forward time travel is theoretically possible.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  18. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    :p

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I'm willing to bet Stephen Hawking is a bit more sure about the veracity of this claim than you are, no disrespect intended. :^^;:

Not from the present, you aren't... ;)

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ No problem... but if you think that thought experiment is confusing, listen to someone very clearly discuss the ancestor simulation problem, or the probability that we're Boltzmann Brains. :chuffed:

(that whole series is a good first dip into explaining very difficult-to-grasp concepts in physics and astrophysics)