1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The CONFESSION Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by yic17, Feb 4, 2012.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Don't be so biased lol

idk I guess all I can say is welcome to showbiz reality, girls like Rikachan can have a better chance succeeding in variety shows than Katomina. Variety shows likes to have girls of Rika's profile even though if you think it's distasteful or less preferable as an idol and what not. If you show them Katomina's profile, they would think it's pretty flat and nothing much to offer tbh. It has nothing to do with if Rika is a hardworking/kind/leadership/athletic to have the right to earn the agency contract, she is just straight up more interesting and entertaining than Katomina or any other girl right now on SR if you have watched it.

2. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Oh boy, it's that "Rika is the Showroom slayer queen" meme again, which now apparently is an universal justification for everything.
    What entertainment, for one thing?
    A good part of this year's streams were one-man Victimhood Olympics. Not even the plain self-pitying kind, but ones in which she felt the necessity to paint as bad guys, either directly or implicitly, a bunch of people who she should rather be grateful to, all of this in spite of the lack of evidence to support her paranoia.
    My favorite episode was after the conclusion of the Prowrestling match (an event in which she shouldn't have appeared in the first place), when she pretty much deluded herself into thinking that she got tapes thrown at her head and tried to lay the blame on (paying!) fans, despite the fact that you clearly could see nothing of this happening during the live recordings. On the other hand, there's someone who actually got a tape on her face by accident and it was Megu, yet you didn't see her act neurotic on Showroom begging for sympathy afterwards, now did you?
    It's amazing how she don't have the presence of mind to realize how all of these farces have the opposite effect of making her more loathsome. Then again, I don't think she has even realized yet that people aren't complaining about the fact she's crying on camera (she isn't the only one to have done it, anyway), as she thinks, but about the selfish circumstances surrounding these sob-fests.

Then you have the daily straight-up ramblings about "Why won't you faggots come to my handshake events anymore", which made up the leitmotif of these last months. Indeed, a favorite game of mine was keeping an eye on the sales trends and seeing how many times she would show up crying and/or playing the victim and/or being passive-aggressive on the days after resales started and her HS numbers turned out to be empty reservations. Let's say it happened pretty much always, so much so that by March I had already became sick of it. There was another peak recently, too.
    Never have I seen someone so unhealthily obsessed with selling out slots and even acting entitled about it. Just another result of labeling oneself as a "fisher" way too soon into your idol career and basing your entire reputation on it, only to get a reality check soon afterward and being unable to cope with it.

The rest of such "entertainment" just consisted of her silently staring at the camera for minutes on end with a thousand-yard stare on her face while occasionally laughing to herself at passing comments, interspersed with dull and irrelevant responses lasting a few seconds at most. None of which, in spite of her streaming for hours a day, apparently deserves a mention or discussion even in her own thread.
    The bottom line is, even in terms of Showroom content, Rika has burned herself out pretty quickly. I have seen this regression happen with my own eyes since I started following her in June 2016. Compare to how Gatanee handles the crowd in her streams and you'll see what real interaction is like, with the additional merit that she isn't treating viewers like trash. Nanako is another one who can pack an entire hour or more telling stories nonstop, both funny and introspective ones, about a wide range of subjects, and the time is never enough.
    All of this leads me to conclude that behind all the big talk about Rika being oh so good at variety there is essentially a staunch refusal from the management to acknowledge the abilities of other members, to say nothing about raising awareness of it, for one reason of another. Otherwise I can't explain how the same usual suspect can be cast for jobs she is clearly unfit for when much better choices are already available.
    Yeah, that's typical Etsuro all right.

Of course, now that all SR recordings are gone, we can easily carry on pretending she is some fledgeling variety tarento or whatever you like, without fear of being proven wrong. That doesn't change the fact that the many media appearances where she had to necessarily interact with others and catering to a crowd that isn't complaisant to all her whims (that is, like her fans are) have in fact proved an absolute debacle, and in most cases she clearly underperformed next to other members.
    Rika butting into a discussion that she isn't even involved into or even concerns herself -> Can't even finish the sentence before bursting out laughing uncontrollably to herself, maybe thinking about how funny it supposedly sounds in her mind -> Spaghetti-falls-out-of-pocket Effect happens at this point. Nobody can make sense out of anything she just said and after a few awkward moments everyone else, including the MC, decides to ignore what just happened and move on without her -> As a result, a good conversation that they had going gets disrupted and ruined just to feed her need for attention.
    Pay close attention to how many times this sequence happens everywhere, be it on TV or (much more frequently) on radio shows, where she is appearing less and less, and tell me who would find any of it desirable, let alone entertaining.
    You'd think she would dominate these shows or be the talk leader, going by the hype, instead she's a barely adequate sidekick at best even among peers.
    But yeah, that's typical Etsuro with his gori-pushes all right. Why managing 10 members at the same time when you can just cram one down everyone's throats willy-nilly and call it a day? That's pretty cost-efficient and it has worked very well in motivating other groups before. :^)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Seems Rika is still the princess though Ogiyuka is now the queen.

4. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

Is that pic supposed to be an objective list about both? because it fails miserably. "Weak and pathetic"? didn't know we were back to Sparta.

5. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Compared to Katomina? Absolutely...

6. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Wow ... "The usual Katomina's evil and envious troupe" are attacking again ... (I"m not saying that all Katomina's fans are like these). They can't stand seeing another girl getting a candy and become all crybabies. [hehe]
    Easy guys, don't take idol stuff so seriously. It's supposed to be an entertainment, not to get an ulcer. :flower:

7. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

@stormy none of you have the right to call someone weak and pathetic.
    It's such a shame a girl like katomina, who is such an angel, has this type of fans. Please, reconsider your words.

8. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Btw, let me do what this thread is supposed to be used: okay, it's not really a confession, but more a revision. My Top 3 preferences by face are:
    Nagahama Neru > Kojima Mako > Kawamoto Saya.
    Even though not in my Top 3 of interest in following them.

9. ponsaya0388

ponsaya0388 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamotosaya
    ^ So, Sayaya will lost your four-digit vote? ah damn.... poor Sayaya.

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Not until you revise 'miserably', 'none of you', 'such a shame', and 'Sparta', since they all seem to be in the same judgmental tone you're accusing anyone defending the pic for.

And @Humbucker , please give me a break. :rolleyes: Anyone who's a Rika apologist is exactly that -- spin control.

In less hypocritical news... I confess my observation that objectivity is nigh on impossible in fandoms -- esp for controversial subjects. Their Kelly Anne Conways are ready to defend every absurdity into semantics.

11. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    @stormy I stand my composure. Just take a look on this page and you'll see the difference. (I know you're a wise guy.) ;)

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Says the person who had a hissy fit eariler this year about this.

and funny that was during the time that Etsuro only gave a crap about Rikachan (NKI48). So it's pretty funny that you say we shouldn't take idol stuff so seriously lol.

lol but seriously, gotta love how suddenly Katomina was brought into this when it was never about her (That pic just mentioned her), This was about the faults of Rikachan and how annoying she has gotten (and I see I wasn't the only one who felt that way).

13. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    @ForrestFuller Yeah, I remember it right. And I assume that wasn't nice. Also maybe you've forgotten I even apologized to you. (Next time do the complete search please.)
    But that was a one-time thing and I didn't do it since then (If you want, feel free to investigate it.) instead of bitching out every single time when things don't come out as we expected.
    Funny thing you telling me I dragged Katomina here when it was you who posted a pic (very biased btw) prasing one and dissing other.
    I could do the same thing as you and bring up all your posts complaining every time any of your oshis "were screwed" for what they "deserved", but it would be pointless and ridiculous. (We wouldn't agree with each other after all.)
    So I just stand my point:

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Uh, I never said you dragged Katomina, I don't know where you are getting that I did.

15. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ Hmm ... You has a point. My misreading. Sorry for that.

Even though, you have the answer for your "question" in the same one "phrase".
    ... and discussion about it even before my post.

==========

Ladies and Gentlemen, since Bunshun (@ForrestFuller ) brought up this post, I want to present you my "scandal". This is also my gyakutenryoku point. (Cool, isn't it?) ;)

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Come on guys...look at how dumb this discussion even is and the things being argued over. I'm out before kami mod comes in and cleans house.

Last words tho.

If you don't like Rikachan it's fine I ain't gunna argue with you how funny or interesting she is because you would find her annoying whatever the things she says and does anyways.

Just get over the fact that she had now got the agency transfer for a reason that you dun wanna admit or recognize and you feel jello about it or wanna raise the unfair issue for other members who you think is more “deserving”. Y'all should have better things to do.

I honestly dun think aki-p or ohta pro people are blind and stupid enough to give it to her for no apparent reason or just to have some of you enjoying to watch her fail in it or anything.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

So you going to use it to get ahead here lol :p? (Sorry had to :D).

I guess that it's my fault as well (Maybe should have Cropped that pic), but I don't regret posting it because my feelings toward her have boling for sometime now and I needed to just finally say it (and her getting that just was that exact moment for it for me cause it pissed me off).

18. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ No prob. It's cool to have a scandal and still be alive (If you know who I'm referring to. lol) I just don't get why to be so nervous about something that is supposed to be an entertainment (idol/AKB/etc). (Actually I do, like in "my scandal" time, even though it was just a rant not really serious.) Also, I didn't get the rant for Rikachan getting an agency before other girls "stuck" in AKS, as if she were "stealing" their opportunities. :confused: It's not that there're quotas per period of time and they're in a waiting queue (CMIIW). Sure, there's the push from management but also there must be interest from the agency.

19. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

@stormy if you think it's okay calling someone weak and pathetic for no reason then there's not much I can do about it.
    So, if you are agree, I’ll end this discussion here.

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

That's where you lose me, @icecream ... and I can dissuade you for ignoring this entirely, as much as you can persuade me to not call it out.

Now this discussion is at an end. Thanks for sharing, see you on the board.