1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The forum maintenance thread (twitter- @stage48)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    This thread is to deal with problems and issues relating to the technical running of the forum. If the forum is down for whatever reason you can follow @stage48 on twitter for the latest updates.

-------------------

I'll be bringing the forum down for updating to the latest version on Sunday, 28 November 2010 at 09:00:00 UTC time (click the link to see your local time). I've got no idea how long the process takes, which is why I chose a time that avoids clashing with as many timezones as possible. Pretty sure it won't take long though.

In the mean time I'll investigate how the monkey I update the S48 wiki, because I can't find any sort of admin controls for it :fp: if I can figure that out I'll update that too while I'm at it.

2. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Re: Forum down for maintenance Sunday 9am GMT

Forum down in 10 minutes. I'll do a backup before it goes down but please refrain from posting if the forum is still up since the backup might take a couple of minutes.

3. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Re: Forum down for maintenance Sunday 9am GMT

Well... the forum upgrade went fine... aside from the small fact it broke the forum theme :rofl: but it appears that's all that went wrong so back to business while I try and figure out how to get it all back up and running... :fp:

4. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Re: Forum maintenance... sort of done?

Don't know if I should post this here or in the sigg. thread, but... besides the disaster of the theme (lol) :fp:

Now the "View Active topics" link, only shows the "View active announcements" posts... if you get what I mean. ^^'''

Sorry!... ^^''''

5. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

The buttons are different because I've switched to the other style that the forum has by default. The one we normally use hasn't... er... survived the process very well. It works but stuff is broken for some reason (simply copying and pasting from the backup doesn't really work). I'm not really familiar with php coding so I'm just kind of trying and failing as I go. Once I get it "close enough" I'll switch to it :hehe:

6. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Ah ^^'.

I was about "should I say it or no?", because what if you put back the whole theme back again after a lot of effort, and I say it later, and you put the links back again as they used to be and the theme gets broken again? *___*!!!

So, that's why I said it now... ^^

7. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I really like the current layout! It's nice and light and not black and depressing.
    oh wait is there a way you can let us choose this theme or the other???!!! [cool]

8. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

So basically what has happened is... the old layout was essentially built right on top of one of the built-in themes (prosilver), and when the forum was upgraded, prosilver had some changes made to it, breaking the layout. Even though I've got prosilver working fine now it doesn't really mesh with what the old layout had (frankly I've got no idea how it had been changed), so I've found another one that has basically the same stuff, and am tweaking that (as a fresh new layout so this doesn't happen again!). But it's almost 2am here and I'm going to bed, so it'll be fixed tomorrow. :hehe:

In the meantime, if this new layout confuses and enrages you, you can switch to prosilver in user control panel-> board preferences. The buttons to control your posts etc will be in their familiar places, but the sidebar is on the wrong side, so... have fun I suppose [hehe]

Well, I suppose I can leave them as options. I probably won't be maintaining it or anything though so birthday banners etc won't work with it.

9. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship

I don't really mind the theme. Thanx for the maintained, Waf. It was necessary. :)

10. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Ok, here's an odd request... does anyone have any screenshots of the site (with the proper layout)? I mean, I have the icons and the colours and stuff, but it's mixed up with the default phpbb and I'm confusing myself as to how it's supposed to look... :fp:

11. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Oh that would be nice :) Thank you very much for your hard work...

edit:// birthday banners won't work? But I see a CHURI [tmi]

12. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

ps I won't let a little thing like a broken theme get in the way of birthday banners [party]

(well, one, anyway)

13. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Haha Churi survived the broken theme.

14. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I knew I kept these for a reason. xD

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The first one is when I was having troubles with the zoom, the second is my 6000th post (yes, I take pictures of it. :fear:), so that's why I had pictures of them in the first place. =P

15. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Just wanted to bring up one more point (in case you didn't notice already).

The link to the forum from the lyrics page (here) is broken.

16. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

* Also a link to the S48wiki right in the forum wouldn't do any harm at all *

(Gobo hides)

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Thanks :XD: I figured people would've kept screenshots for posterity so I could rely on that... :hehe:

Ok, so I figured out what went wrong- somehow, all the comments (like, the regular text which is hidden from the website, stuff like "this line of code does this" etc instructions) in the theme configuration files became... not comments, so the layout was freaking out with all this jibberish now infesting its code. So now I'm going through and fixing it all up (using fresh copies of the files as reference), layout should be back up... soon. ish.

On the plus side, I'm now figuring out how the layout stuff works, so I should be able to update all the links and stuff (eg to the wiki)... [hehe]

18. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Thank you Waffle :worthy:

19. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

@Mr Waffle
    Well .. I'm a php developer, an advanced one, I can help you if you actually need it. Just pm me.

20. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

I had forgotten about the maintenance - what a shock when I saw the forum was down... [hehe]
    So far things seem to be working fine on my side. Good job, Mr.Waffle~