1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    ^ I play WoW too, but I'm on Azjul Nerub and Llane. I haven't been playing as much lately though. It seems all i have left to do anymore is farm for gold and PvP...which gets really old after a while. Oh well, this gives me a chance to catch up on other games! Like Assassins Creed and Mass Effect! I also just ordered a PS3. So I can play the new ratchet and clank soon!

2. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    You won't be disappointed with the new R&C game. I got it awhile ago, and it is one of the best in the series.

3. Umi

Umi Kenkyuusei

I havent been playing that much either...I'm busy doing other stuff! XD My boyfriend plays all the time though - hes how i started playing in the first place.

4. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I've grown really impatient with games the last couple of weeks, I can't sit down and just play one. I blame Mass Effect for sucking me in and then wanting, nay, begging for more...

I've been hopping between Ace Combat 6 (finished it but the IdolM@ster planes just demand my attention!), Eternal Sonata (I keep wanting to play a JRPG to not several times a day), and Overlord (is there anything more fun than evil Pikmin?). My wireless internet has been screwy the past month or so, so it's not really stable enough to play long sessions on Xbox Live, restricting me mainly to singleplayer stuff... and forget about PC games, whenever I sit down I just end up surfing the net the whole night instead of loading anything up... :roll: I think I'm too spoiled for choice...

5. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Anyone a here a fan of the Armored Core games? I just watched the trailer for the new game, Armored Core For Answer...and wow. It looks epic.

6. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

7. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I completely forgot about The Force Unleased. Its coming out pretty soon, am I right?

But I think its going to be an awesome game, if not the best SW game ever. I mean, they FINALLY give us a game where you start out on the dark side :twisted:

I loved the one trailer for the game; the one where the main guy (Darth Vaders Apprentice) brings down that Star Destroyer with the force. Now thats awesome.

8. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Yup yup :) I can't seem to find the release date, tho. pwnd :'<

9. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Just checked, and its supposed to come out sometime in April.

10. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ And I was just about to type that here xD

11. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
  12. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The only Armored Core game I've played before was the one on PSP, I didn't really enjoy it- it was just vague button mashing over and over for the few fights I bothered with. I don't think most Armored Core games are like that, though...? They're more story/mission based?

13. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Very much so. The one on PSP is not really the best of the series, as its only about AC vs AC fights. The other games are more mission-based.

Edit: Found this new video for Star Wars The Force Unleashed, which talks about the games various gameplay engines and mechanics:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29964.html

14. limit

limit Kenkyuusei

Was really into Guild Wars for about a year and a half or so until I got WoW for the holidays. Man what a time waster (that's a good and bad thing). My servers:

Deathwing - Horde
    Windrunner - Alliance
    Silvermoon - Horde

I still wanna finish my PS2 RPGs like FF12, KH2, Rogue Galaxy, Odin Sphere...arg there's too many!

15. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

I haven't played an RPG in ages. I'm still stuck on the same bit in Twilight Princess and it's not a part that I can just use a walkthrough guide to get through. I'm actually stuck on the 'doing' part. I told my friend in the US that I'm gonna take my Wii over with me so she can get past it for me :lol: She's a Zelda nut - I think she's played all the games over and over again.

I have Guitar Hero III as well which I play every now and again. Just when I'm bored. I'm only on easy though as I don't think I stand in chance in medium and I'm not even gonna try hard :shock:

16. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I'm somewhat the same way in regards to Guitar Hero. I can do pretty well on medium, but as soon as I go to hard, I fail so badly.

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    GH3 was my first GH game; I mastered Easy in a couple of days, then it took me a week or two to beat Medium. Hard, on the other hand... I've never never really gotten better at it :( I got about half way through GH2 and GH3's Hard modes before giving up in frustration. I think it takes months to 'master' it... Which is a pain in the butt because all my friends play on Expert... (they still have trouble with some Hard level songs though!)

18. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

On Guitar Hero, I can get through about 3/4 of hard career mode. I've accepted that as my skill level. :lol: I'm just not interested in spending all the time and energy it takes to master it.

I think the Guitar Hero fad is starting to die a bit, anyway. A lot of the kids who play at the high school I worked at have dropped it. Only some hardcore kids remain, or they only play on occasion.

19. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    Rock Star is probably the better game though. I'd get it myself, but right now, I can't afford to put down $200 on the complete game set.

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Rock Band isn't even out in PAL land yet. They even region locked the 360 version it so we can't import it... :roll: