1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. CDevil

CDevil Member

It depends, both have their good and bad points. If you're a casual gamer, the DS Lite would be good because a lot of the games are the type you can just "pick up and play". It's also more interactive and unique because of the touch screen and other features.

I know I'm being biased here but the bad points about the PSP are that it costs more, and doesn't have as many "great" games (IMO). Sony are also claimed to be unveiling a new PSP at E3, so if you want a PSP, it might be better to wait for the new one.

2. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    I've never wanted a PSP, just because I already have a PS2. I mean, why get a PSP when you already have a Playstation at home right? Sure you can take it anywhere, but it's pretty much the same thing, just wait until you get home to play it B-)

I agree that I just find the DS more practical, and it's equally fun to a PSP (if not more). A lot less expensive too, with better game choices.

3. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Fourthing the DS.

The best thing the PSP has got going for it is the ability to play PSX games. Graphics-wise it's also far superior to the DS, but that results in games that just feel like somewhat stripped-down versions of games you've probably played before on some other system. With the DS, on the other hand, most developers seem to accept the limitations of the system and focus on gameplay instead. Combined with the touch screen, which for a lot of games is far more than just a gimmick, that leads to some very original and fun games.

The DS has also reached a large audience of non-hardcore gamers with "games" like Brain Age, and as that audience isn't used to having to buy a new system every other year, the DS is likely to be supported longer than the PSP.

I don't think the PSP is a bad system at all, but it's just not as good as the DS. :)

Also, you say you like Command & Conquer, and while it's turn-based rather than real-time, Advance Wars DS is the best strategy game I've ever played. Really easy to pick-up, but surprisingly deep once you get into it. Also great for multiplayer, although you'll need someone else with a DS and the game for that.

That reminds me of something I don't like about the DS: over here the PSP is for some reason considered the "cool" handheld to own, so a lot of people have a PSP, but relatively few people have a DS. So I miss out on the multiplayer aspect of a lot of games if they don't support online play, but do support multi- or single cartridge wi-fi play. The few games I can play online are mostly broken ( Mario Kart :( ).

4. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

5. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I haven't played games in forever. My favourites are Biohazard though (or Resident Evil for those of you in Western countries, haha). And of course the usuals, Mario, Tetris etc. I've been liking Puyo Puyo lately, but it pisses me off sometimes. Need more practice...

6. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Hmm... I used to play some playstation 2,..
    But haven't been interested in playing for a long time, haven't even thought about getting PS3.
    I used to play games as, Tekken, Final Fantasy and SSX..

Oh, wait.. I play a lot of Sims 2, on the computer though :roll:

7. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

I've played more games than I can count (or remember, for that matter). Right now I'm really slow on the consoles, I've been planning to get the DS since I first saw it in V-Jump in '05, along with the PSP. They had some game previews and comparisons back then, if I remember correctly.

Just last week, I got to see the closed beta version of War of the Worlds, a rather highly anticipated RTS game. Pingtimes for their US server does suck, though visually it does work.

8. transcendental_protagonis

transcendental_protagonis Kenkyuusei

we got only nintendo and sony fans ? noone here has a xbox ? =\

9. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Me and Kyobu do scanning through earlier posts in the thread. Funny thing is, I've never owned a Sony console. That's pretty surprising considering all the Japanese stuff I am into. Admittedly, though, I would get a PS3 if the Blu-Ray format wins this stupid HD format war. :)

10. Eques

Eques Kenkyuusei

Oh god Puyo Puyo frustrates the hell out of me. I sometimes play Fever against my sister and even though she hardly ever practices and plays like it's Tetris, she always ends up beating me. I'll start working on a brilliant chain combo that would absolutely destroy her, only to have a single one of her nuisance puyo screw everything up gra@#$&@#T)@&

11. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

I do. The good 'ol black boxes (no, I don't own a 360).
    I don't even play it that much (at least not on my own machine), though I do have quite the collection of multi-coloured controllers. xDDD

As for Sony, I don't even own a PS2. I have owned two PS1's, and I'm considering a PS3 (yes, the Blu-Ray is a plus considering how expensive Blu-Ray players are already. I just hope it has good support for it). I mostly play PS stuff on others' machines, too.

I've owned a Gameboy (yes, the overly huge ones that resemble handheld tetris consoles, back before they reduced the sizes on these things), a GBA (non-SP), and I've played my share of N64 games on my friend's box. I also recall a friend having SNES though I can't recall who. I mostly played those on emulators, as well as other consoles too. xDDD

12. Aiko

Aiko Kenkyuusei

XBOX IS HUEG

13. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

I was PS2 freak

but nowadays I only play NDS (FF III, Brain Age, Brain Academy, Cooking Mama, etc.)

anyone can recomend me PC game?

14. dan.

dan. Kenkyuusei

I have a PS2 Slim.

And I play Dance!Online.

I'm adicted for dance-games, horror & gore, race..wow every type of game xD
    I wanna buy a new console for me at x'mas but i don't know if a PSP (slim?) or a Wii or a x360

GTA S.A - Metal Gear S.E - F.F XII - Shadow of the Colossus - ICO. FTW!! \w/o.o\w/

15. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Does anyone play AC: WW (Animal Crossing: Wild World)? <3

16. transcendental_protagonis

never heard of =\

17. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

back in the day, PS1, and then X-box...

played some rpg type games, but not a gamer much anymore, too time consuming. I'd rather just spend my free time on AKB-stuff, posting, watching videos, and doing other stuff instead.

18. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    SOUL CALIBUR 4 IS COMING TO THE 360! YES!

19. transcendental_protagonis

that's good to know,
    still remember when it came first for dreamcast

20. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

back in the day, i remember PS1, before that, the NES....those where the days...
    now they got PS4? Xbox 360....so advanced.