1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

I think in age (lol), I'm becoming like that too. Used to be able to spend all day playing a JRPG or something, but these days I find my attention span is much shorter, and end up turning to something which isn't as big an undertaking.
    I think Nintendo are good at reading the market in that respect, though I must admit none of the current crop of Wii 'casual' games appeal to me.

Only game I want right now is RE5.

2. CDevil

CDevil Member

I'm the same as some of you guys, I can't really be bothered with games for the hardcore gamers these days. The most I'll play is 1 RPG during a holiday week. The only games I can play anytime of the year are fighting games and pick-up-and-play titles (unless it's a game that can be completed in a few days, like God of war).
    I was naive to think I stood a chance against pro's after only winning one tournament and playing Tekken almost every day. Those guys know everything about the game, even the number of frames for each attack :confused: I'll be buying a PS3 around Christmas just to get that game. I won't feel better until I know I can play at their level.

And yeah I haven't got either of the Smash bros games. I would get Melee, but I've played that a bit too much, I'm a bit bored of that now. I don't want to get bored of Smash bro's before I even play Brawl. I was hoping Sonic was going to be in that game, but even if he isn't, Snake more than makes up for that B-)

3. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

I am such a gaming glutton...I have Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, Gamecube, N64 (OLD SCHOOL!), nintendo DS (plus practically every model released before this, including the ORIGINAL gameboy).

I'm really into Wii and DS right now...the gameplay is amazingly fun. Cooking Mama is just about the best thing ever created, as is Pokemon Pearl/Diamond (crack, anyone?).

I also go on an occasional Katamari Damacy binge...the colors! the colors!

4. Haru

Haru Kenkyuusei

I have PS2, XBOX 360 and Nintendo DS Lite Pink. Not playing games that much, but.. I'm really into DS, because I can bring it anywhere and I play it whenever I get bored on waiting for someone/something.

The game I'm into is currently "Cooking Mama", "Nintendogs" and "Mario Kart". And I'm currently playing DOA4.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who's play ps3 anyhere...
    real what 2 know the exp. when playing games...????

6. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

Had my PS3 since launch, hardly falling over the quality games, but they do exist. I've always been big on Ridge Racer, so I adore RR7.
    I'll be the first to admit I mainly use it as a Blu-Ray player (AKB48 Blu-Rays out this week!).

Sony have made great progress this year in terms of making the PS3 a more attractive purchase, it's an excellent media device and you can play back media on your PC (though no DivX, MKV etc yet).

For gaming though, maybe better off waiting until Christmas, where you'll be able to get a better bundle, and more games will be avaliable.

7. CDevil

CDevil Member

I'm tempted to buy the PS3 now, but £400+ for just the system and 1 crappy multi-platform game :confused: If I decide to get it around Christmas, unless the price has gone down by at least £50-100, I'd be better off buying a Japanese or American PS3 (especially now that the 60gb US PS3 only costs around £250).

I almost soiled myself when I saw the new Metal Gear Solid 4 footage. MGS4 is definitely more appealing to me than Halo 3.

8. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Arg! It seems like everyone already has a new generation game system or two. I didn't even get one yet. I'm falling behind. :lol:

It was so hard to choose which system to get b/c I can only afford one. And the gaming selection didn't help either. For the Wii, I'm only looking forward to the new Super Smash. For Xbox 360, only Halo 3 interests me. And for the PS3, I can only think of the new FFVII game, but that's just because I want to see it in awesomely new high-tech graphics. (Sorry CDevil, but I'm not too fond of the Metal Gear series, but it would be cool to play Snake in SSBB) :p In one of the Smash videos that I saw Snake shot a rocket downwards towards his opponent (who is lying down on the ground). I like his style, lol. :D

9. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

God yeah, I was even blown away by Killzone 2, which was a game that didn't previously interest me. The PS3 is getting better all the time tbh.

I have a US unit (I am a Brit), no disadvantage, the advantage being I can play Japanese and American Blu-Rays. PS3 is region free for games as I'm sure you know.

Makes me cry over the fact I'll be on a bit of a gaming hiatus for the next 5 years :(

10. Kazearashi

Kazearashi Kenkyuusei

You're not the only one :lol:

I was thinking bout getting Wii or NDS lite... But reality is mean... xDD

My money gone for AKB stuffs xDD Gotta save again... xD

11. CDevil

CDevil Member

:shock: Blasphemy! :lol:

Do you have a link to that video, I haven't seen him fight in Brawl yet, and that sounds really cool. Snake's style is like a ninja: stealthy, sneaky, and with zero honour.
    I liked the first Killzone. Not a Halo beater, but still pretty fun (the way people die in multiplayer is hilarious).

The only bad thing about importing a PS3 is that if it breaks then it's harder to fix right?

12. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

"Blasphemy!" Lol, that reminded me of the movie "300".

Here's the link I go to for all the info on Brawl:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

The video is called "Nintendo World Movie" and it's located on the left near the bottom of that black table of contents thingy.

13. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

The risk to take with imports, though order from a reputable customer-friendly site and they should be able to sort you out.

I use www.videogameplus.ca and www.ncsx.net for all my gaming needs.

14. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Play Wii and DS a lot... I bought a 360 for Blue Dragon ^_^... Still play my PS2 also, I don't think I'll buy a PS3 until they price it reasonably which will never happen ^_^

15. 2005hondacivic

2005hondacivic Kenkyuusei

I only have a PS2 right now and only play Gran Turismo 4 on it.

16. Itano Tomomi

Itano Tomomi Kenkyuusei

Iam thinking about to sell my PSP and buy an Wii :D

17. CDevil

CDevil Member

That's great, I'll be sure to check them out, thanks :)

Has anyone played the new Pokemon games? How are they?

18. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

They're pretty much like every other Pokemon game except all the new pokemon pretty much suck :lol: I keep it around when I get bored at work and have nothing else to do. I do like the Global Trade System in it though. I pretty much got all my trade requests granted and all I put up was the useless pokemon.

19. CDevil

CDevil Member

That's a good thing right :lol:

I might wait a while before getting it now, I can't really be bothered at the moment. Does the touch screen play any interesting roles?

20. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

I have Pokemon Pearl, but I only have 2 badges so I haven't played most of the game. The new features I've seen so far are the new characters, new pokemon with silly names, and a pokemon fashion show. You use the touch screen to dress up your pokemon in the fashion show and I think the touch screen can also be used in battle to choose to Attack, Use Item, etc but I never use it, lol (using the d-pad and A button is a lot faster).

I quit playing it for more than a month now, but it was fun when I played it. The last Pokemon game I bought was Red version, which was like 5 years ago, so it brought back some good memories (Nostalgia). :)