1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The GNZ48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Deyan, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    logo4.png

Announced on April 20, 2016: GNZ48, new Chinese Idol group based in Guangzhou, sister group to SNH48.

Team G will have its theater debut on May 3 with Theater no Megami and Team NIII will debut with Boku no Taiyou on May 5.

>>Official website<<
    >>Wiki48 page<<

This is the general discussion thread for anything GNZ48-related. Previous thread here.​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016
  2. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Think i may pay more attention to GNZ rather than BEJ. seemingly better members, agree disagree

3. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    To be honest I thought I would pay more attention to GNZ too but I'm getting fished hard by the BEJ girls...
    GNZ has YuQi, LeiLei and YuanJing though. These three are a holy trinity I swear. I loved them as 5th gen, I'll love them as GNZ! And they seem to be top 4 with Chen Ke.

4. prataz

prataz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Supporting GNZ48 coz it's cheaper to fly there from Singapore as compared to Beijing =)

But on serious note, Star48 has a good harvest of spectacular girls for BEJ / GNZ.

5. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    Just don't expect them to sing in Singlish, Hokkien, or Bazaar Malay ;)

6. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Suddenly, i want to see a group do that, so i can see it for myself.

then I will proceed to slam my head against the wall exclaiming 'WHY, WHY GOD HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US ALL'

would be interesting.

7. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    At this point I'm not even expecting them to sing in cantonese anymore.

8. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    it's a valid point, though i was hoping they'd do cantonese at some point.

9. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Yeah, they're singing in mandarin in the trailer for their first stage and well, eveything about them is in mandarin lol. I'm a bit disappointed I really hoped they'd sing in cantonese. Maybe they'll release cantonese versions of their asides as bonus tracks or something.

10. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

Well, I think they're going for mandarin to do the China-wide appeal and promote interaction between groups, but maybe pull out cantonese as a party trick sometimes? Like maybe do b-side of each single with a Cantonese version of something.

I can't wait to see the impending MC with XiaoAi and Douya with SNH girls in canto at a concert. Or maybe they'll do the old MC trick that MM used to do...

if the video does not show watch the video here

11. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    i don't actually think they'll do this, since it's still the same language. in fact, putting in subtitles would be a better idea 23333333

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I personally am a bit miffed that they're probably not going to do anything in Cantonese, but that's the mainland for you

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

13. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    wth does that mean?

14. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    Translating any part of a stage to Cantonese is quite an undertaking. Considering the break neck pace they put these girls out there, I wouldn't have expected it up front. I could see them throwing in some Cantonese songs during birthday stages, concerts, or other special stages.

15. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    yeah, that sounds about right. or maybe even parts of the MC.

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The Cantonese level of my (American immigrant) friends is better than some, if not most, of the people who love in places like Hong Kong and Guangzhou because they're slowly killing off the dialects there. Go figure.

17. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Slowly killing? It's not like China doesn't let them speak it.

18. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    We also have to remember that not all the GNZ girls are native Cantonese speakers.

19. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    They only teach in Mandarin. There are now no Cantonese TV programs that are aired to the public on the mainland. Written Chinese that is acceptable to the PRC government only uses Mandarin grammar.

This is deliberately killing Cantonese.
    I mean that's the point, no? At least NMB and HKT had songs in their respective dialects even if the girls weren't all native speakers.

Given the policy on Cantonese, I somehow doubt this will be the case for GNZ.

20. Maiyanism

Maiyanism Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jujingyi
    Twitter:
    maiyanism
    Lol anyways... I'm supporting GNZ because I already liked Zeng Aijia, Gao Yuanjing, Chen Ke and Lin Jiapei. In all honesty they don't seem as glam as SNH or even BEJ but I get a good vibe plus they have potential for killer MC's with Yuanjing in the group