1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Because they are busy? Like how Oda also disappears from Keyakitte lately, she's busy with school

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

3. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    So when will the drama be out?

4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    With Neru officially out of Hiragana, and the arrival of 9 new members, theres going to be a lot of changes with the group.

Questions already being discussed in multiple threads, but we should talk about them here since it's the hiragana thread.
    - will there be an official leader of hiragana?
    - will they add a new member to make it 21 kanji / 21 gana?
    - will they finally start to get their own singles/there own a-side alongside kanji?
    - will the senbatsu change with the 6th single next year to fit gana members?
    - will gana have their own center in memi like they did with techi, or will they opt for a more popular member/ new face?
    - will they leave keyaki completely and become a 3rd sakamichi group?

lots to discuss, management should try to answer these questions for us during the remainder of this year.

5. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

For those fans who live in Japan and/or speak Japanese, what are Japanese fans thoughts on Hiragana Keyaki's status and situation? Are they as confused as Western fans are?

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Hiragana without Neru: photo from the set of Re:Mind. Suddenly this is the header pic on the Re:Mind twitter page. A note says that Neru will now not appear in the drama, for the sake of her health, and to respect her status as a member of Kanji Keyaki only.

[​IMG]

In a word: yes.

@keyakikageyama848 -- Re:Mind will be on Netflix starting Friday, October 13. It starts on TV Tokyo Thursday 19 October, late night at 25:00h (i.e., 1:00 am Friday). And it's on Japanese satellite TV (BS Japan) starting at 11pm on Tuesday 24 October. Weekly after that in the same time-slots.

@minaeshi --
    - will there be an official leader of hiragana? >>>No leader, but a captain: Kumi.
    - will they add a new member to make it 21 kanji / 21 gana? >>>I kept hoping they would add the last member they dropped, but nothing so far. And Memi mentions a group of "20."
    - will they finally start to get their own singles/there own a-side alongside kanji? >>>I hope so, but there's a high bar to entry.

- will the senbatsu change with the 6th single next year to fit gana members? >>>It's possible they will be included in the 6th, but they are concentrating on creating a separate group right now. And if Kanji continues to succeed, why would management change things?
    - will gana have their own center in memi like they did with techi, or will they opt for a more popular member/ new face? >>>I hope Memi is good enough to be centre. I want to see her there, and I think management does, too. But looking objectively, I'd choose Kyonko or Katoshi or Sarina, for popularity and proven ability. Still want to see Memi, however. I think she has something special, if she and they can bring it out.
    - will they leave keyaki completely and become a 3rd sakamichi group? >>>Hard to become a real separate new group when you have essentially the same name as a current group. I'm pessimistic about Hiragana's future, but they have every chance to prove me wrong by getting even better than they are already. There are several good possibilities in the new generation, I think.

EDIT: It sounds as if Neru's job with Hiragana is finished, and that she will neither be in the drama nor (probably) in the Sapporo tour performance on Tuesday. They have all probably known for a while (since the first week of September?) and have been recording the drama without her already. I also read somewhere that the 2gens will be in the drama, in some way, too.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    Thanks! Also, what do they mean by her health? Is she as busy as Techi?

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Pretty close. Neru had to do a couple of Hiragana songs in each concert, as well as most of the Kanji songs and her own solo ("Wait 100 Years"), which she did sitting in a basket held aloft by balloons (plus wires, probably), flying over the crowd. She's probably the second-busiest member -- with outside work, too -- after Techi. And she's not basically the athlete Techi is, so it may be harder for her. And although I don't think she did enough as a leader of Hiragana, she had to think of that, too.

But I think this change was actually mainly because Neru was so committed to Kanji, and no-one could really see making her train up the new generation of Hiraganas. And Hiragana is now a very capable group itself, able to train up its new members on its own. Maybe I'm just reading things in, but the suddenness and completeness of the break (not even waiting for her to finish the Sapporo live) seems to me a bit like a gesture of disapproval from management -- maybe for Neru not doing enough for Hiragana. Maybe for something else. And maybe it's just my imagination.

9. ProjectFate

ProjectFate Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I was wondering if any subscribed to Zummin's Mobame

10. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    It was definitely held up by wires. Have you seen the size of balloons needed to lift people up in baskets elsewhere?

[​IMG]

Plus, even though management has taken bigger risks with 48G, letting Neru float over a cold, hard floor full of fans, in a technical aircraft that the staff probably built with no knowledge of building aircraft, is a very big risk compared to drowning exercises in Korea (in my opinion, as at the very least, you can have medical personnel near by during drowning exercises with one person, as opposed to have your idol fall on top of possibly 30-40 fans depending on the density of the seating, and the nightmare it would be during a live concert to get medical help to a large number of people).

That is, unless, they performed in an area where it would be impossible to have wires (like outdoors). I wouldn't know, I didn't follow the tour to much aside from Techi's health updates.

Everything we post here about management's decisions is technically imagination until management makes an official announcement on why they do things :D

Also, there are to many positive reasons for her being moved to Kanji full time (being closer with Kanji members, having spent more time with them and bonding with them as a result, being there early, if not for her parents was supposed to be Kanji, reducing her workload potentially) compared to an upset act by management over her not spending enough time with Hiragana, to be moved to Kanji full time, and I personally believe they did it only because her position was so awkward between the two and it sort of doubled her work.

At the same time however, management has been known to make "gestures of disapproval" towards members who do wrong, for example, dropping a member from senbatsu following failing to produce good handshake results or having a general decline in popularity, or in 48G, forcing someone into the theater for not doing well when they expected her to shine during a push (Owada Nana comes to mind). To do a managerial act over her not spending time with the Hiraganas, when as far as I know, she technically wasn't required to except during events (variety, coupling song) with them, seems a bit extreme.

At the same time this is my opinion, and, I don't know if there is any cultural difference work ethic wise that could relate to Neru-Hiragana-Kanji work/personel relationship that could make management do something rage like and remove her from a different group (as much as she seemed better with Kanji anyway to many).

11. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Why there's still no Re:Mind thread ? I think we need one, there's an audition coming to choose a substitute for Neru, from among 9 new Hiragana members.

Which one do you think will get this big chance ?

IMG_20170925_192410.jpg

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    "Sore demo aruiteiru / Even so i keep walking" is Hiragana song and will be Re:Mind theme song

13. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Kumi said this in Zepp Hokkaido tour today:
    "There is something i'd like to bring up. We, Hiragana members, are puzzled as to why Neru - despite becoming a kanji keyaki member - is not joining us in our tour with the 11 of us With Neru originally from Hiragana, people came to support the rest of us. It's all thanks to Neru. The twelve of us had a chat. Neru told us it's not like we'll be apart forever,despite such a regrettable thing to happen. I did think this day would eventually come, but it's not like the time we spent together means nothing. Now that 9 reliable new members are joining us, i want us to become an even bigger group. Please take care of us from now on"

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I wished they could've had a proper goodbye, a last performance or something, at least give them a few more weeks with Neru before officially calling it off. It doesn't even have to be something grand.
    They just announced her kennin cancellation on Keyakake like it was nothing and automatically cut ties right then and there (even though we all kinda expected it to happen one day but ya'll gotta admit the way they announced it was a little lackluster).

Well anyways, I wish Neru and the 20 Hiragana members all the best >.< Kinda pumped for the 2nd gens too, I wonder when will they have their first public appearance :O

15. kaelmorann

kaelmorann Kenkyuusei

im subscribed it

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The Sapporo show sounds like it was a big success, at least from the attendees posting. Praise for the Hiragana version of AM 1:27 (Memi, Kage, Mirei, MeiMei). Praise for Kage-chan's sharp dancing in it. Memi was solo centre on the songs she used to be doubled with Neru on. Set list:

pre-show voice-over announcements: Ushio, Katou.

drumming performance
    Overture
    ① ひらがなけやき Hiragana Keyaki
    ② 二人セゾンFutari Saison (Memi centre, Mao-chan solo dance, Memi good matador)
    MC①
    ③ AM1:27 (Kakizaki, Kageyama, Sasaki Mirei, Higashimura)
    ④ Neko no Namae (Iguchi, Katou, Kumi, Takase)
    ⑤ Chinmoku Shita koibito Yo (Ushio, Katou, Saitou, Kumi, Takamoto)
    performance corner
    ~MC②
    ⑥ Best Of My Love (THE EMOTIONS)
    ⑦ Bokutachi wa Tsukiatteiru
    ⑧ Eien no Hakusen
    MC③
    ⑨ Te wo Tsunaide Kaerou ka
    ⑩ Dare yori mo Takaku Tobe!
    ⑪ Taiyou wa Miageru Hito wo Erabanai

【encore】
    MC④
    ⑫ W-KEYAKIZAKAの詩
    MC⑤

Next show in Fukuoka on October 6 will feature MeiMei's colour guard performance.

The Hiragana song on the new album will be on all types, coming second after the title track on all of them. This is getting closer to a double release.... They didn't perform the new song at this live: I wonder if this hints that the recorded version includes the new members, too? Not necessarily, but possibly.

I agree with the people who think the break with Neru was sudden. Expected, but doing it this way puts pressure on the Hiraganas. Aki-P, though, likes to put pressure -- he calls it "stimulus" -- on members to see how they will respond. Hiragana seems to have responded pretty well. In fact, it wasn't as sudden as it feels to us, since they probably did have 2-3 weeks notice before this show. But why not have Neru do the Sapporo live? Some people in the audience wept during Kumi's MC talk about Neru.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  17. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I doubt it, but I'd like it.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The reason I think it's possible is that the original Hiraganas had their own song released 3-1/2 months after joining, on the SekaAi CD. The new 5th single comes out over 4-1/2 months after the 2gens joined.

The rush to get rid of Neru. Putting the Hiraganas' song on all four types, and second after the main single.... I get the feeling that management has decided to go for it with Hiragana. I'm on board for that ride!

EDIT: It turns out that Hiragana gets two songs on this release, according to info from Nikkan Sports (which somehow seems to get some scoops). Not just Sore demo Aruiteru, which seems to be the second-most-important song on the release, coming with all types and placed second on all. A poster says the second Hiragana song is Namiuchigiwa wo Hashirenai ka? which is in type D. With seven new songs total on the release, that is said to mean two are Kanji, two are Hiragana, and three are either units or solos.

The Nikkan Sports piece quoted "someone connected with the music business" as saying that Hiragana was fully ready for their own CD debut. The piece also said the new members now joining are of "uniformly high quality."

EDIT: I got the dates wrong. The 2nd Gens joined in mid-August. So it will only be a little over two months later when the 5th single comes out. That might be too tight for them to be a part of it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  19. ProjectFate

ProjectFate Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Nevermind I was able to get my answer on Twitter

20. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

For some reason Hiragana, including upcoming members, always appeared to me as more experienced/professional than kanji members. I don't know what it is, but they feel completely different to the initial Keyakizaka46 concept. All of them are talented, but unfortunately they are part of Keyakizaka46. So, I cannot see them being anything else, but a support group, unless, as people have said before, they establish Hiragana as a group on their own. I really doubt that they will get their own CD, a double A side/flip-side is probably the best that they will get for a single and album wise or EP, Keyakizaka is Keyakizaka, so it will be tracks from both groups.