1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I agree. Separate single for hiragana will do more harm than good because that means more $$$ for Keya fans.

They have 3 release x 5 type single a year for Keya, handshake events, concerts, Keya mobame, Keya kiseki, other Keya related stuff to pay for they don't need another Hiragana single release.

2. glsone

glsone Member

Management wants to grow the fan base not split it in half. Personally I love the idea of keeping both groups in tact without mixing and just giving the A side to one of the groups. I wouldn't like for it to be a set alternating thing though. Just choose the group that best fits the song they want to use. They can change up the senbatsu selection episodes by having both groups present and announcing which group gets the A side and then announcing the formation.

3. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    Lol.:D My bad. Good point.

But it will do more good than harm for the management because that means more $$$ for Sony and AkiP. ;) Just kidding

4. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    How about double a-sides? H!P's been big on that for a few years now.
    It would mean they get to keep their eternal centre while also putting the hiragana's out there.

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Yeah, I'd vote on double A-side as well. In that case, it doesn't seem too bad to have mixed B-side units (Kanji and Hiragana members in the same unit), though I'd still prefer uniform ones. Call me a purist if you want lol

6. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

Kizuna Ai's reflecting on her failure on Hiragana Keyaki Audition. Well, good thing she's still not giving up to join Keyaki lol :lol:

7. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I just learned that hiragana got a second gen, and I can’t help but wonder if that is necessary...? Clearly Keyakizaka46 managed to generate a dedicated and wide fandom because of their unique style, music quality, members’ uniqueness, focus on good quality of singing and dancing, etc... so if hiragana were created to embrace Neru’s situation, and now they decided she’s a full kanji (or whatever it’s called), then why are they expanding hiragana if they are just going to be a group that dissociates from the keya original and captivating image, having a different style and staying constantly under the 1st original line up kanji members? Isn’t this just turning into a stock of idols like 48g? Do they need this many members while not giving up kanji space for those new girls? The more girls we get, the less spotlight for all... will Keyakizaka46 follow 48g path and stock up on dissatisfied members and fans because they can’t distribute the spotlight equally? Right now kanji is a unified team, they were never left out of any A side single, they’ve been doing great and are very consistent and solid... if hiragana aren’t going to be mixed in with kanji, then what will be of them? But if they do get mixed in, then what will be of kanji’s solid formation, chemistry, recognition and sense of unity?

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Yes, they need them if they want to separate Hiragana from Kanji, to get them out of Kanji's shadow and being branded as "under girl"

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Lisa tbf, I saw a shift in Seed and Flower priority recently. Back then during Hiragana 1st gen audition, they were labelled as "Under". We all know it. But after the Hiragana 2nd gen audition, a certain interview with top S&F directive uncovered that he has confidence that Hiragana might be able to create their own spotlight, even their own single.

I'm not sure at what direction they will take, but the closest example I can give of is how 3rd gen are treated in Nogi. Not clearly mixed-in with the rest, yet given tons of exclusive big bone(Multiple B-side MV, Live concert/stage play, etc) that people think they are another group within the group. One that is more horizontally tiered, and less vertical.

10. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    @Lisa All your queries has been discussed here countless times. Because of the unique and vague role of Hiragana Keyaki in K46 from the start, people have different opinions and speculations of what is the management committee's exact plan for these girls in the long run. So far they have been given ample opportunities like drama and radio show, indicating that their wheels are in motion. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe all your questions (and ours too) will have concrete answers once the 6th single arrives.

11. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    If they will be treated as a separate entity/group, with their own identity and style, that greatly differs from kanji, then why not just make another group instead of “under” for kanji keyakizaka? Aren’t they erring too closely to what 48G has, that’s been stuffing the group with hundreds of girls to support their system, declining in quality overal...? How do Keyakizaka46 fans feel about this, I wonder... are they excited for the new gens or is there some sort of resistance against similarity with 48G since Keyakizaka46 has been advertised as a different type of idol group...?

12. glsone

glsone Member

Because you're looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

Keyakizaka has an interesting history of important things happening by happenstance. Hiragana wasn't even supposed to be group at all, at least not right away like it was, but it just so happened that the need to bring in Neru came along and management thought it was best to differentiate her for coming in late. So Hiragana is created.

Then they hold auditions for what they were planning as an under group and again it just so happens that all the girls are wonderful themselves and could be a second group.

So now they are in the process of changing their plans again as shown by the Hiragana auditions and not Kanji auditions.

I for one like how fluidly Keyakis management is willing to be. They could have very easily stuck to their plan and we'd have a 20 person Kanji with no Hiragana at all right now. And not even the staunchest of Kanji fanboys wants that.

13. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    I'm honestly still confused with their position right now. Here's what I understand:
    In AKB sousenkyo terms, it's like the main senbatsu (top 1-16) and the 'undergirls' (top 17-32). The main senbatsu performs the main singles, promote and represent the group on media while the undergirls get the B-sides. In this context, it's two units within a group.

There's 6 scenarios they could go with this:
    1. Kanji and Hiragana does double A-sides.
    2. They alternate and take turns for the A-sides.
    3. They separate Hiragana from Kanji and make a new sakamichi group.
    4. They stay as Kanji's shadows forever.
    5. Hiragana becomes actual unders and are put into Kanji sometime later (but that doesn't make sense, I mean, why the labels Hiragana 1st/2nd gen instead of Keyakizaka46 2nd/3rd gen?)
    6. OR how SKE is to AKB. They mix some members from Hiragana and Kanji for the next singles.

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Perhaps it's because I lack of experience when it comes to idols, but for me, the major proof that hiragana are doing well, no matter how you want call them, is that a big fan like @ukifune went from being unsatisfied with their treatment and exposure to being satisfied, or at least satisfied enough, with it.

As for me, I went from not caring at all about them to adore them lol and I think everyone of us is somehow fashinated by the development of Kanji and Hiragana creation, and by how both group are growing and becoming so different... complementary more than just senbatsu and unders.

A contrast that works for and helps both groups.

For me, Hiragana - but also Kanji - are following a path more fluid than AKB, they are still evolving and who knows what management will decide to make of them in the future... But I think that Keyaki will always be more similar to Nogi with the generations development than 48groups. (Hopefully Keyaki management learned from Nogi errors......)
    And, frankly, not having any theater booked until 2050 does not requires Sakamichi to have 10 generations in 5 years of life. I understand - but correct me if I'm wrong - that AKB is still, and perhaps will ever be, linked to that part of its reality, which needs new girls and new girls and new girls... but, honestly, I kind of adore some of those new girls, so...

15. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

The issue was always that hiragana was created so quick within Keyakizaka46 lifespan.
    Personally I enjoy having both groups with their different characteristics.
    I have no idea why hiragana is still referred an undergroup, which they are clearly not. It was true when Neru was the sole member, but now they have mutated into something different and are a group in their own right.
    I prefer that they start releasing double A sides with flip covers, for standard releases. Only issue is, if the music style goes into completely different directions, but that shouldn't matter if they don't hike the prices for them.
    But Sony must have a plan how to move hiragana and Keyakizaka46 forward.

16. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Is there any recent official source stating this?
    I have edited the Wiki recently to make it clear that they weren't Kanji's under group because I remember reading articles where the members stated it was just a separate group.

17. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Hiraganas were put together with the idea that they'd be unders. That's what Tsuchi said on KeyaKake when Neru was introduced. Then along the way they just stopped calling the Hiraganas as unders plus it's been more than a year and they have never undered a Kanji member before. I do recall a Hiragana member saying 'they're a group within a group' and on one of the latest Keyakake they're described as kind off the 'little sister group of Kanji'.

Tbh it's confusing, at this point just label them as 'undefined till further notice' xD

18. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I hope with the Re:Mind drama, Hiragana will be considered as much as Kanji, eventhough they might be operating in different 'department'.
    The 1st gen Hira is so ready imo.

19. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Clearly hiragana keyaki gets a lot more recognition than 48g generations get. Keyakizaka46 system is different than what we see in 48 groups, but my fear is that eventually Keyakizaka46 ends up falling in the same pattern because they haven’t been around for long and are already on their 3rd batch of members... I’m afraid if they keep this up they might not be able to offer the same benefits for the newer gens in the future and they’ll just end up with hundreds of girls working hard and not getting much of it, and with that quality would decrease as well... so far they’ve been doing a good job getting the fans infatuated with hiragana, but then will they suddenly come up with kanji 2nd gen? I personally don’t think that would make any sense, but I also don’t see a lot of sense in creating a subdivision denominated hiragana...

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Exactly so. They are being moved toward independent performance, but no sign of a real single yet. Their status remains undefined.

Through the whole period that Zumiko wasn't available, the Kanjis made a big point of leaving her spot empty. In my opinion, in addition to honoring Zumiko, they were doing that intentionally to keep the Hiraganas out. Their great success made it possible for them to do it, but I hated it, because despite my love for most of the Kanjis as people, I love the Hiraganas just as much. In any case, it looks as if the Kanjis, anyway, see this as two separate groups.

Personally, I see no chance whatever that they will come up with a second/third Kanji generation. Hiragana as a whole fills the role of a second generation, bringing Keyaki up to near Nogi's numbers.

@Lisa -- Interesting points. I can't see them expanding the way the 48 side has. I believe they brought in the Hiragana1's because they had their doubts about the Kanjis. Those doubts proved unfounded, so Hiragana is left in limbo, a bit. Now they have brought in the Hiragana2's (a) to have more members to sell handshake tickets for, and (b) to bring Hiragana up to Kanji strength so it has the possibility of being a similar full-scale group. Maybe it will take another year before they can decide what they really want to do with them. But the 2gens seem to have some possible stars. And there are still outstanding possibilities among the 1gens, too (Sarina, Katoshi, Memi, Kage, Ayaka, Kyouko....).