[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

True. My sense in any case is that she has the habit of accepting reality and making the best of it. Because her parents are further away and the current authority in her life (AkiP) is closer, it's probably easier for her to follow her inclination and not go to college right now. I expect AkiP likes the idea of her giving her all to Keyakizaka. And maybe it's fair compensation for the favoritism he has shown her.

@PetalidiStelle -- The singles sell more and the organization makes more money when more members sell out more handshake lanes. With the Kanjis' handshake sales nearing their max, moving now to push Hiragana is good business. And the Hiraganas' popularity is beginning to respond and to accelerate the push. I enjoyed Neru's comment in the piece I translated in the blog that she's going to work so that people come to like Keyakizaka through liking Hiragana first. Ambitious.

Neru wanted to leave Nagasaki before graduation because she wanted to get to a larger world sooner. She is certainly in that larger world now, as #2 in the fastest-rising idol group in Japan, and with the responsibility for mentoring their under-group. I wonder if AkiP and Konno saw the capability she has or just the cuteness when they chose her. Onward and upward!

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Mountain Memi. Memi blog post with pictures of her out in the woods in Nagano picking wild vegetables. Memi sliding down a ropeway in a bit of an obstacle course set up there. Pictures of the things they picked and of tousle-haired Memi with her knife out cutting one off. Some elegant little doll, lol.

Meanwhile, in the handshake results announced Thursday, Memi remains stalled at 11 of 12 slots filled. Sweet-voiced and beautiful Nacho (Ushio Sarina) however has filled her final slot, bringing her up to 12 for 12. But they haven't added more for her to fill.

Saitou Kyouko remains stalled at 18/24. Takamoto has sold three more. bringing her to 15/18. Higashimura Mei has sold two more, bringing her to 9/12. Sasaki Mirei has sold another, making her 5/12. Kage-chan (12/18) and Sasaki Kumi (8/12) remain stalled. Mao-chan and Manafi are still at 0/12.

Katou Shiho is clearly the most popular Hiragana in handshake, up there with the Kanjis having sold a full complement of 24/24.

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Too late to keep increasing slots. They've already finished sales for the first event.
    (Which, btw, I find very early. Strange to have it so early. Probably just to save by booking with Nogi who are there the next day)

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    She likes 7 seeds?

Boom, welcome to my Hiragana top 5, Kumiko

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Check out the Fukyouwaon thread for reactions (generally positive) to the Hiragana MV "We're Dating" (Bokutachi wa Tsukiatteiru). Known as BokuTsuki. Good reaction over on 2channel, too, with people thrilled to be getting "a real idol song." I love the MV/song, too.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

well the song is called "We are Dating" but the mv is about sneaking into the school having a party lol....i dont get this mv:^^;:

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Well Tuning is a song about love but the MV is about time slip, and Broken Smartphone is... is it even have a story?

MV doesn't have to tell the story of the lyrics of the song, it is especially good if it could convey the lyric of the song.

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

BokuTsuki mv isnt working for me....they tried to tell a story and Kumi-chan stole the key and sneaking into the school at night for a party...
    didnt really feel the vibe about anything dating excepting one scene of Katoshi and a guy :^^;: guess will have to wait for next single.

10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There's some discussion about whether the potential dating is with the guy or with Katoshi. As far as I understand it, we start with some form of collective punishment for something. Katoshi is picked out to be harassed. Some member sneaks around the corner and steals the key while she is being talked at. We find out that Takamoto is depressed seeing Katoshi speaking with a guy (because she is stealing the guy she likes, or because she is playing up to guys rather than to her?). Kumi arranges the illicit birthday party for someone (Takamoto?) to smooth relations between Takamoto and Katoshi. Indefinite but not negative conclusion. Good enough for me, as an MV. If it were a short story, however....

I think it was in the long Brody article about making the SekaAi MV that the director or someone said it was normal for an MV to avoid following the words of the song.

I've seen a suggestion that the pink balloon at the end symbolizes that it's a girl, not a guy, who's in question. Grasping at straws, but maybe.

11. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    At first i also see the triangle was Katoshi-Guy-Takamoto. But after read the lyric and see the MV again, i got the same conclusion with you ukifune. It seem like the story was about Katoshi and Takamoto. The MV gave the indication about girls love which personally i don't mind. And this kind of MV are used many time by other idol group. If our observation is true, then the MV actually have story. But i guess we don't need to read too much because their MV is still enjoyable as short video without story.

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In her blog post just published, Katoshi says that the story is that she is going out with the guy Takamoto loves. So Takamoto feels some distance toward her. But Kumi concocts the party and it ends up bringing them a bit closer.

She also says (as should have been obvious to me) that the members were cleaning up the classroom as a collective punishment. For Katoshi's dyed hair?

13. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    I see. Thank for Katoshi, i can understand now lol. I made wrong interpretation of a particular line.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Nice little 2channel discussion of the family relations between Nogi and Keyaki. Started by someone saying that Nogi was the eldest sister, Kanji Keyaki the second sister, and Hiragana Keyaki the youngest sister. Lots of good reaction, probably both from Hiragana fans, for the clear rise in status; and from Kanji fans who want to keep the all-21.

Someone suggested an elder sister five years older with two younger sisters. Someone else put the three gens of Nogi in the three sister positions. Someone else added AKB, saying they were the distant cousin, related but barely; Nogi was a cousin; and the two Keyakis were sisters, raised in the same household, but with their own different characters. Here are three group photos from the original post:

61d7f75e.jpg 397ea46a.jpg 593b0487.jpg

15. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    So, an audition for Hiragana. Seems like they are dead set on turning them into a proper sister group, eh?

My hopes:
    • Adding 10 more members
    • Neru permanent Kanji member
    • Kumi as Captain, Mirei as Vice Captain

16. Andov3

Andov3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    so fast... just in 1 year..

17. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I really hope this will become true.
    So Hiragana is not under members then?

18. makerjinx

makerjinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    posibble double a-side in the future maybe????

19. kyuudere

kyuudere Kenkyuusei

Wow, another audition ? Will it work out ? Kinda worried though actually I'm really curious how much girls will apply for the audition.

http://mdpr.jp/music/detail/1676851

Haven't read the whole article, but are they mentioning Hiragana as under group ? How's the management going to react to this ? I hope they will properly explain Hiragana's status as a group.

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017