1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Hinatazaka46 thread

Discussion in 'General Hinatazaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Hello!! Chill please! I didn't mean this to be a war. I just stated what most of us are avoiding to talk about. Kanji falling apart? You seem to be missing something that Kanji is popular because of one thing. They are not like the other idols! So with hiragana seeming more like the other idols, how can they overcome Kanji? Why do you think hiragana is being pushed that much? Kanji is still up there and we don't even have to lie. I didn't write that statement to create division or what sort. All I am saying is there is no need for a competition. Pushing Hiragana will make fans more confused on what they are. They came out clear to say they are not unders and we know both are one group. So why not do that? Or better yet since Kanji are the cool type, why not make hiragana the cute type? Both themes in one group is so much exciting. Two groups in one big group but each have their charming side, instead of making it seem they are competing with each other.
    So don't take it the wrong way. We both care for the girls so much & do not want what is happening in the 48 girls to happen to them too. They already said they don't like competing but rather try to boost each other so why should they have to. I would be glad if they perform as one group at Kohaku. That there will be the keyaki we have come to love

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Sam_E

Sam_E Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    野口衣織
    Twitter:
    SamuelEdwards
    I see you only joined a couple of weeks ago so maybe you're still relatively new to Japanese idols but members leave groups all the time. I think Kanji did well to go as long as this did without any graduations, they lasted longer than Nogizaka46 did for example. 3 members leaving at the 3 year mark is by no means a sign of the group falling apart.

Realistically plenty of people buy blurays of idol shows. There aren't many people on here that would bother getting a copy of Keyabingo but it's the Japanese market that really matters. Unlike the rest of the world where streaming has taken over, physical media like blurays and CDs still sell well in Japan.

While Silent Majority and Fukyouwaon may be considered Kanji's most iconic songs they've released 3 more singles since then, all of which outsold Fukyouwaon, get it right.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Exactly

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Mod note: Not only is double posting against the rules, so is quadruple posting. Read the rules here:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

Just because I joined this forum a while ago doesn’t make me a newbie to the actual industry. Dumb assumption

Outselling doesn’t mean GP hit. Stupid correlation. Kanji stans need a brain cell injection or two

Do fans seem confused to you????????? this essay was entirely pointless I’m not trying to be mean but this is honestly taxing

Anyways someone post Gana news. Trying to push this nonsense narrative of Keyaki being popular because THeyR’E nOt liKe oTHeR gROUpS~~~ narrative is utterly pretentious and I just can’t. How did the Zambi performance go?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    The new members are lively I see. Hi

@hiraganatwice you should just put more answers in one post than make 4 different posts for 4 answers. Other than this, there's no need to be this angry about Keyaki.
    No matter how you want to see it, Keyaki IS one group, and Hiragana fans asked for months for Ganas to be put on the Kanji missing girls spots if needed, so what's the problem now? Mngmnt calling it collaboration instead of unders?
    Watching the video it seems to me that the girls are quite happy for the chance and did pretty well overall. It's a good thing, not something to fight about.
    Hiragana had an incredible path so far. There's no "under" group that had one similar so fast between songs and netflix and plays and now they're rushing toward freaking MAMA. Singles will come as well, if not a mixed senbatsu, though the new gens timing makes me think not.
    I could be wrong though, but so far mngmnt has not gone in that direction.

I see you came from kpop and it's clear in the way you're talking to other fans... there's no need here. It's not twitter. Saying kanji "stans" need brain cells, that kanji are falling apart and implying that people are dumb doesn't really make your points more valid. Quite the opposite actually, and it's a shame, because Kanji and Hirgana may follow different path, but always under the same banner and following the same dreams.
    I think it should just be natural for the fans to respect each other at least, even when thinking differently.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    First of all I didn’t see some of the comments until later. Second of all I’ve been into jpop and kpop at the same time so don’t try and assume nonsense about but just coming from kpop to try and attempt to patronise me and make me look dumb. It’s aggravating. Didn’t read the rest of it but I have a right to get angry. Just because I’m not agreeing with the generic nonsense I’ve seen when it comes to Kanji stans and their thoughts about Gana DOESNT make my comments untrue nor nonsensical

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I won't reply to most of your points. It would just lead to a pointless and annoying argument over who is being more pretentious. We may love Hiragana here, but I for one am a fan of Kanji as well. The Best Hits live Ambivalent was outstanding (with Hiragana assistance, lol).

But as for Zambi (good suggestion!), it went well. I haven't seen enough reaction for a clear picture -- and people are being careful to avoid spoilers -- but from the reports I've read it seems as if the play was very scary, the special seats were a mixed blessing (except for the after-live, where fanservice was reported), and the acting was generally good, with Kubo-chan being the most impressive in the Blue team and Yoda-san in the Red team (they play the same character in the play).

The Katoshi-Memi after-live was apparently fantastic, and had the crowd rocking. Katoshi went straight into Nanase's Mou Sukoshi no Yume. That was followed by Memi doing Neru's Wait 100 Years, then the two doing Nogi's Hausu and then Hiragana de Koi wo Shitai (Katoshi apologizes in her blog for forgetting some of the words to Mou Sukoshi no Yume).

The Red team's after-live (Yoda-san and Yamashita-san) had two Keyaki songs in their set-list: Shibuyagawa and Dare yori mo Takaku Tobe! That after-live also got good reviews, and both after-lives were relaxed and informal, like being at karaoke together. I did not expect a four-song mini-live. Before the event, people were speculating it might just be one song.

I was surprised to read that Memi did a cartwheel at some point in the evening. She probably learned 100 Years from Neru, and Neru helped Techi during her cartwheel at the Rock in Japan festival, so perhaps Neru taught Memi the cartwheel, too. Or perhaps Memi's friend Yurina did. A couple of reports said Memi did it well. I'd hoped to see Memi's acting getting more praise, but not particularly from the posts I read, except for a couple in Memi's 5ch thread. Maybe Sunday. Memi is one who keeps steadily working to improve.

Here's the arena, showing the special seats right in front of the screen and surrounded by stage. People were warned ahead of time that they might get wet and dirty there:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay...

@hiraganatwice I understand that you are new here, so I am merely going to clarify a couple things for you

1) Yes you have a right to be angry, but you do not have a right to insult the other users whom you disagree with. So if you wish to make a counter-argument, that's fine. But framing each response by labeling other users' comments as "ridiculous," "dumbass," or "shit." is considered user-bashing and is unacceptable here. So refrain from doing it.

2) And this goes for a few users here since I have seen multiple instances. Do not flood the thread (i.e. double-post, triple-post, etc.) If you post in a thread, you must wait for someone else to respond before posting again. Period. I don't care if new information has popped up, or you saw another post you wanted to respond to, or you forgot an important point. You either wait for someone else to respond, or wait at least 24 hours, or edit your previous post. If we see thread flooding we will delete the offending post regardless of content.

We are all for a healthy debate, but when it devolves into insulting other users, that is where we draw the line.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Okay

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Someone reports from handshake that the Hiragana members only heard they would be doing Best Hits a week before. They deserve even more credit than I was giving them (which was a lot already). Miho said it was hard and she was worried right up to the time they went on. To me, Miho seemed a bit uncertain at first, but got better and better as the performance went on. She apparently also told someone that being in Kanji's front row was "delicious" (which apparently can be used to refer to something really nice and desirable).

Fuyuka says in her blog that Takamoto, next to her in that tight group at the beginning of the Best Hits Ambivalent, said in a shaking voice that she was nervous. Fuyuka says Take-chan was probably hundreds of times more nervous than she herself was, but she was quite nervous, too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Apparently Bunshun is going to reveal a sakamichi x Johnny dating scandal soon. Definitely not gonna be a Gana girl

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Two Hiragana blog translations:
    Memi: Handshake event, with photos
    Miho: Performing with Kanji Keyaki, two-shot with Matsumura Sayuri

@hiraganatwice -- One Bunshun "scandal" appears to be Maiyan having had a boyfriend in the soccer club when she was at school, supposedly mentioned on the Bunshun video show. source. The source gives no info as to whether this was before joining Nogi or after, middle school or senior high. She is supposed to have attended an all-girls high school, for what that's worth. Anyway, for now it sounds like a very soft explosion, even if true. In Keyaki, at least, a boyfriend before you join is nothing. No word of Johnny's in my source, so that may be something different.

I do agree it seems unlikely that a Hiragana member would be involved. Not just because it wouldn't give Bunshun the big hit it wants, but also because the Gana-chans seem pretty serious about their trade and about pushing Hiragana higher.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

omg thats such a nothing scandal even if it were true. maiyan is 26 years old, loved by everyone, and probably going to graduate soon anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Cmiiw, I thought Maiyan was bullied on her high school and she becme a shut-in (hikkikoumori). Then, she tried to change by taking Nogi auditions, and you know the rest of it.

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm not sure of the exact timeline but she did change schools and move to Saitama (from Gunma) and I don't believe there's any reason to think she was bullied in her school in Saitama.

• Like Like x 2
  16. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    maybe this thing should be talked in maiyan thread?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

@Hiraishin yeah should be at her thread but....

They just looovvveee creating scandals don't they? Lol.. Nothing is gonna bring Maichan down given where she's reached now. How pathetic of them

• Like Like x 4
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

They don't create scandals, they report them. Anyway this seems like nothingburger stuff.

Anyway, moving along. The Hiragana 2019 calendar looks fantastic, I need to get it I think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

Do you guys think Neru ever regrets leaving Hiragana to be a full time Kanji member? Now that Hiragana's star has been getting brighter and brighter, and Kanji has kind of... plateaued.

I love Neru and she's definitely my favorite Kanji member but I have to admit I was salty towards her for a long time after she left Hiragana.

I started following Keyaki closely around the time Neru joined and she immediately became my favorite member. And I always considered her a Hiragana member first and a Kanji member second, so you could say Hiragana has been my favorite Keyaki group since the very beginning. And I was always hype for Hiragana for every new announcement and new members, etc.
    I felt like it was awesome that Neru basically had her own group made just for her. So when her kenninship ended and she became a permanent Kanji-only member, I felt like she was turning her back on her own group. I didn't understand why she would rather be one of Techi's twenty back-up dancers when she could have been the face of her own group. I guess it made sense back then since the status of Hiragana was still up in the air and they were still pretty much completely unknown outside of hardcore Keyaki fans but even back then I felt like Hiragana was destined for something special. But I guess it may have just been completely up to management anyway, Neru may not have had a say.

But sometimes I wonder what Hiragana would be like now if Neru had ended her kenninship but statyed in Hiragana instead of Kanji. Would Hiragana be more popular? I think it was better for Hiragana that Neru left as it gave them room to find their own voice and identity and gave better opportunities for members to shine. I don't think Hiragana would have been able to grow as much as they have if they had continued living under Neru's shadow.

• Like Like x 3