1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Keyakizaka Conspiracy Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by Urabe, Jan 7, 2017.

1. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Haifuri, anyone?
    Girls und Panzer too

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    I want explosions on their backs please haha

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

3. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  4. naggi

naggi Kenkyuusei

Damn, did they read this thread to? Lol

5. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    "join the jsdf to defend your oshis!" The thought of idols passing out rifles at the barracks is eerily similar to a handshake event, don't you think? I can't think of anything more powerful a motivator. We would have wotas enlisting left and right. First they unveil the mechas at the 2020 Olympics and then the opening ceremony is a 1000 idol March.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

6. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    Here's my theory on Hiragana and why they seem to have such a vague/undefined role, which I touched upon a little while ago in the Neru thread.

One key point: One thing about Nogizaka is that the membership is very stable. Members graduate less often than in 48 groups, they don't have a theater requiring several groups of members to be available for theater shows, they don't get shuffled around between teams and sister groups, etc. This has led to the membership being very stable and, in particular, it has led to the top 10-15 most popular/pushed members being very stable. We see mostly the same people in 1st and 2nd row. This has been good in the fact that it has helped to clearly define the Nogizaka brand but one problem is that this has made it difficult for 2nd gen members to move forward and, besides Kiichan and Hori, most of them have mainly been background characters and underutilized.
    Because of this I believe that management, from the beginning, decided with Keyakizaka46 they were going to treat 2nd gen differently. By giving them their own name it would allow them to have their own identity, sort of like a group within a group. This would allow management to market 2nd gen alongside 1st gen rather than them always being behind 1st gen which would make 2nd gen more profitable as unit.
    I also think management intended from the beginning to always have every member of 1st gen in every senbatsu and not have any unders members. By doing that they could have a well-established brand, like Nogi, without having a bunch of underutilized talent in unders.

So here's what I think happened:
    1. Management decided from the beginning they wanted 21 members. This is a nice round number. This would also allow them to afford to lose a few members to graduation while still maintaining a senbatsu at or above 16 members.
    2. Management likes Neru and wants her in but her mom takes her away so they decide on 21 other members leaving Neru out.
    3. Neru's mom has a change of heart but management has already debuted their 21-member group.
    4. Management decides that they want Neru back but instead of bringing her back right away they decide to wait to debut her with 2nd gen.
    5. This would be perfect for their group within a group concept for 2nd gen because now they have a lot of time to train Neru (e.g. her voice) and prep her to be the 2nd gen center so they have a guaranteed strong center when Hiragana debuts. She would be the 2nd gen equivalent of Techi, i.e. a face to establish the brand.
    6. Harada Mayu happens and they are forced to give her the boot.
    7. Now management is stuck with 20 members instead of 21. They assumed members would graduate/leave but this is too early and they don't want to drop below 21 members before they've even release the 1st single.
    8. They decide to bring in Neru early as 1.5 gen rather than 2nd gen. They are worried about the lack of outgoing members in 1st gen and they want to bring in someone they know will be strong to replace Mayu (who was one of the few extroverted members in the group) rather than some untested rando.
    9. Because management has already decided on Neru's role in Hiragana Keyaki, and also because they want to put the whole Harada Mayu mess behind them and they don't want to just come out and say "Neru is a replacement for Mayu", they decide to speed up the timetable for 2nd gen's announcement, using Neru being part of Hiragana as the reason for bringing her in.
    10. This turns out to be a problem because the original plan was to announce Hiragana later after 1st gen is established so that 2nd gen could ride on the momentum of an already established group.
    11. Hiragana debuts but they end up treading water because management doesn't want to take the focus off of 1st gen who is currently skyrocketing to a higher level than what they anticipated when they decided to debut Neru.

Basically Hiragana was announced about a year or so earlier than it was supposed to be. This is why management doesn't really seem to know what to do with them yet. And its all Harada Mayu's fault.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

so is Hiragana Keyaki really 2nd gen of Kanji Keyakizaka46 ?

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm not sure if it went exactly that way. They could have only taken in Neru at all because of Harada.
    You should also remember you're missing one selected member, Suzuki Mizuho. Small girl who stood near the front (2nd row co-centre iirc) at the first gen announcement. She also left.

9. naggi

naggi Kenkyuusei

@Macron48 There is one girl to beside Harada Mayu, the one @kanjo mentioned. I think management really want make Neru as member from the start. That make the group have 23 member from start lol

Or you can think like this too, one or two of 1st gen actually not make a cut to become 1st gen, but since Neru doesnt come up to final audition they make little bit adjustmen and pick 22 member instead of 21 incase there are other member who grad before they make a debut lol.

@CutePanda i think we can think like that (hiragana = 2nd Gen). Since they join after take 2nd audition

10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@naggi well Hiragana keyaki took the 2nd audition so technically they are 2nd gen :whistle:

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    if we are talking about a theory to why management wanted 1st gen to be 21 people, i like the theory that "21 member = 21 strokes to write Keyaki"

• Like Like x 1
  12. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    This sounds like the best theory for me too lol :) :) :)

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

13. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    7 strokes on zaka, and 4 strokes on 46, if you count the lines you should make to write "4" (3 lines) and "6" (1 continuous line). So, Keyakizaka 46 will consist of 32 strokes, in total, which means.... :)

14. naggi

naggi Kenkyuusei

^
    So it is 32 stroke? Lol this make more interisting. Are they will open another audition or only open it after someone graduate? :D

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    32 strokes = 32 members of Keyakizaka46. Does it means, they will be merged in the future? I hope so. :)

16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Plot twist: No one is joining Keyaki with Hirate saying in magazine that they should all stay until 30s and Neru saying that members often joked that they rather disband than allow someone to graduate on her own.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

True or False : Ozeki could out run Sakura on a 50 meter dash ?

18. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    False? Ozeki have a bad balance so Sakura could outrun her as long as she run straight

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

watching the footage from the sport festival, Sakura ran about 10 seconds in 50m dash.
    In the 1st sport contest (keyakake ep 8), Ozeki ran 9 seconds 84 in 50m dash

here is a screenshot from the 2nd group sport fest and Sakura ran 10.76 in 50m dash (12th place)

[​IMG]

Sakura vs Ozeki in 50m dash

in episode 56 of Keyakake, Berika matched up with Ozeki in 50m dash. Ozeki ran a 10.00 seconds in 50m and lost to Berika (she ran 9 seconds 91)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    Sakura is faking her weird running style, but I don't think Ozeki is though.