The MANGA Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by arrowisland, Feb 11, 2008.

1. noisyboi

noisyboi Kenkyuusei

the world god only know =)
    it is a story about a otaku, Katsuragi Keima.He is known on the net as the god of getting the girls in dating sims game while in real life he’s known as otamegane and he hates all real girls. However he is approached by Erushii, a devil from hell, to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girl fall in love so the spirit gets forced out. And he’s not allowed to fail or he will lose his head.

2. Karin

Karin Kenkyuusei

O.O Seems very manga-ish to me XD.

I mostly read shoujo manga. Such as stuff from Nakayosi and Ribon, and some from Margaret. Goody for me I know the scanlation groups who do most of the projects from those magazines. But I think I'll check that manga above out.

3. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

^lolz i can also like shoujo manga but aint that lot!!
    Im more into bleach and other stuff usually

4. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

I used to read Mangas a lot! Meitantei Conan has been my all-time favourite.
    I kinda lost track to it, though and now the only story I follow is Skip Beat~

5. FrozenArctic

FrozenArctic Kenkyuusei

^ OMG~~ SKIP BEAT <3
    Do you just read the manga or do you watch the anime as well?

6. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

There's no way I could resist watching the anime! And I must say I love it :D
    I like the fact they don't leave out that much. Hopefully they'll continue like that~
    And I'm TOTALLAY looking forward to the next episodes. Now the damn interesting chapters begin <3

7. Kotoha

Kotoha Kenkyuusei

I've been reading lots of manga on manga fox; I really like Skip Beat. The anime was very funny I hope they make another season ^_^

8. amcks

amcks Kenkyuusei

still following air gear, bleach, franken fran and yomeiro choice

9. Shipyon

Shipyon Kenkyuusei

anyone watch uzumaki is a really good horror manga

10. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Today for the first time i've been exploring the stage48 lobby and i want to see if can bring this back.
    I really love manga I've read it for years and often prefer the manga counterparts over the anime ones, it full of the details i love and well there are lots good manga out there and so i will give:

Recommendations:
    For those that love the kind of mangas with Dark, but cool fights I recommend
    - Claymore ( A totally dark world with 48 girl members keeping the peace, not kidding)
    - Code Breaker ( an eye for eye, a tooth for tooth and really cool manga filled with highschool students that are part of a secret organiztion that come get rid of the evil and corrupt of society with their one of a kind special deadly powers.)
    - The Breaker ( Highschool wimp meets new easy going player teacher, That just happens to be one of the most powerful martial artists ever to exist.)

For less dark battle stories there are:
    - Hitman reborn ( My favorite manga for now useless middle school kid gets a baby for a tutor that turns out to be a hitman, and the kid is supposed to be the next leader for the all powerful Italian Mafia, the first 7 volumes 80 chapters are all comedy and gags and have almost no fighting what so ever after that it changes root and because one of sickkest fighting mangas around.)
    - Psyren ( Kids go to the future to find it was already destroyed and soon unlock special powers due to the effects, fighting others with special powers and monster mutants from the future only going back and forth may unlock the key to saving the earth.
    - Hajime no Ippo ( boxing manga nuff said, but also an incredibly long read still going even.)
    - Soul eater ( soul reapers taking the souls of bad guys with people turning into weapons and heavily halloween theme its a sick read and fun for all ages.)
    - Kekkaishi ( Two rival families traditionally protecting a sacred land for 400 years while fighting in a style never used by a protagonist, kind of light hearted at the beginning, but once you keep going it will have its fair share of tradgedies.)
    - AIKI ( Worlds biggest sex offender and arrogent narcissist is also the greatest martial artist of all time. But his power is sealed)
    - Change Guy (First class nerd and first class fighter switch bodies now their stuck in each others worlds.)
    - Gamaran ( shonen sword manga with 13 year old sword genious having no qualms about killing.)
    - Kuroshitsuji ( Rich scarred kid with a demon for a buttler. see what happens)
    - Black cat ( Former professional assasin becomes an bounty hunter, main style being sick with a gun)
    - Histories strongest disciple Kenichi ( Wimpy kid meets beautiful fighting girl and then meets the five most powerful martial artists and he ends up becoming their disciple)
    There are then fighting worlds where the fighters are point case:
    Naruto - ninjas
    Bleach - soul reapers
    One piece - pirates
    Fairy tail - mages
    Different sports world with a focus on each kind of competition
    Eyeshield 21 - football manga
    Prince of tennis - tennis
    Slam dunk - basketball
    Whistle - soccer
    Over drive - biking
    YAKITATE JAPAN - bread baking
    addicted to curry - curry making
    Hikaru no go - boardgame go ( same artist as death note earlier work though)
    Bakugan - Making a manga ( ^ later though)

Many more to mention but lets just see if this forum picks up yet, i'll make sure to give better descriptions for reccommendations then.

11. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Mahou Sensei Negima. HIGHLY recommended. One of the few mangas I'm following recently. It's about a you young 10 yr old boy who becomes a teacher at the start. The later chapters (100 or so) gets really interesting and incredible but I won't spoil you. It might seem like a typical harem manga but it isn't really and is more of fighting and comedy. And damn Negi is GAR! 18+ (Not like anybody cares anyway. I'm 17) due to some pervertic scenes.
    Another is Hayate no Gotoku, which is about another poor young boy who becomes a butler of a rich girl by accident. More of a parody and comedy manga.

12. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

I'm actually reading Naruto and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (from CLAMP).

Before that (a few years ago) I read Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and Deathnote. And I've certainly read others but I can't remember what lol.

13. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    My friends have all recommended this one, but i could never get into it. Was able to read the others other work Love Hina hilaurious.

Never read the manga but i loved watching the anime. They airing a second season of it right now.

14. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei
    I second this. :approve: Negima was one of the mangas I really got into and the one I blew most of my money on. (Come next year anime convention, I bet you anything alot of my money's going to this series =P) I was hooked the first time I picked up a copy around a year ago (vol. 6 I belive XD)It contains everything I want: magic, fantasy, comedy, action and so on...

Given, I am EXTREAMLY far behind having no time anymore to read mangas (stupid work) and I hate reading online knowing I'll be owning the series anyway. But I did watch the anime. For any of those people who do watch the animes, I recommend watching Ala Alba OVAs and the new one, Mou Hitotsu no Sekai as they do a pretty good job protraying the manga =) (well the later chapters of course)

15. fikey

fikey Kenkyuusei

I've read a tons of manga,including most of mangas state by mieniem..spent my life reading manga since i'm 10..is it weird?

16. fikey

fikey Kenkyuusei

I've read a tons of manga,including most of mangas state by mieniem..spent my life reading manga since i'm 10..is it weird?

17. fikey

fikey Kenkyuusei

18. fikey

fikey Kenkyuusei

19. akbglorious

akbglorious Kenkyuusei

^What happened there? [wonder]
    Anyways, I've read a bit of volume one of School Rumble.. and, a well-known one, Naruto Shippuden? I also read Skip Beat and Shugo Chara.

20. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

So far, I've read <3 Dragon Ball <3 , <3 Deathnote <3 , Saint Seiya and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles (until book 20 because it became too weird for me). Currently reading Naruto.