1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The MANGA Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by arrowisland, Feb 11, 2008.

1. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

mangas im reading now,

AKB49
    Denpa Kyoushi

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Yeah, Bakuman is a must read if anyone wishes to understand how manga are made and also the politics behind it including the editorial side of things. The manga gives a good depiction of the manga industry and the life of the mangakas.

As for Deathnote, its definitely a must read even to those not much into dark stories since the plot is really exciting despite much focus on the psychological understanding of good and evil being the protagonist branded as an evil for the greater good. One of the few manga I really need to read carefully because the story is just so interesting you shouldn't miss a thing. This will probably go down the list of the greatest manga ever.

Oh another sad news Airgear will also end in 4 chapters. For those that isn't following this series its mangaka Oh! great is the same of that Tenjho Tenge.

3. Tsurupettan

Tsurupettan Kenkyuusei

Well, just before joining this site, I'd really been reading Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui/It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular.

It's amazing.

4. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

I just read Moe Kare!! and it was like so good!!!!

Around the last chapter where the main Character (Hikaru) chooses who she likes I didn't think she'll choose him..(it was a love triangle <3 )
    At first I really wanted Hikaru to end up with Takara until like the last chapter but I'm really happy who she chose now :)
    Well the song Answer and Heart Gata Virus from NO3B was playing while I was crying and reading that chapter (Ima little teary :XD: )

My favourite manga out of all the mangas in the world! (that I read so far) :p

5. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Any reader of AKB0048 manga here, I wonder?

There are at least 4 AKB0048 manga, with the standard one being serialized in Nakayoshi, and spinoff in Besatsu Friend, Magazin Special and Besatsu Shonen Magazin.

AKB0048 Episode0(講談社『なかよし』2012年2月号より連載)
    AKB0048 ハート型オペレーション(講談社『別冊フレンド』2012年2月号より連載)
    AKB0048外伝 とびだせ!AKBぜろぜろ女学園(講談社『マガジンSPECIAL』2012年No.2より連載)
    AKB0048 宇宙で一番ガチなヤツ!(講談社『別冊少年マガジン』2012年3月号より連載)

6. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    So in the past in 4 days I've been reading Berserk in my free time. Geez, this will take long to finish. It registered with only 20 chapters and click it and stumble upon a 200+-page manga per chapter. :wtf: I'm only at chapter 10, that means 1000+ pages to go! :fp:

But its truly an engrossing manga, no wonder it has a movie and an anime; I've yet to watch any of that. The sketch was amazingly detailed and the story is kinda dark with some flesh-baring and sex scene, its for 18+. Maybe in a week I'll be done with this given my current speed and free time.

7. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    My copy of Rosario to Vampire was a misprint. It's volume 1, and there are two Chapter 3s. The first gets cut off by Chapter 2, and the second gets cut off by Chapter 4.

8. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    ^ I don't read that manga but maybe I should. You should try emailing or calling the publishers if you're in the USA, since I'm assuming its a translated manga, they should respond with a refund or replacement.

Some moments ago, I went on and finish the final chapter of Nurarihyon no Mago. That's another manga I'm scratching on the long list I read and anticipate for weekly release. [whew]

9. akbaholic18

akbaholic18 Kenkyuusei

I read a lot of manga. Mostly random ones, but there are a few series I'm trying to build on:
    K-on
    Kamaisama Kiss
    Skip beat!
    Mission of love (hope I got that right)
    Sailor Moon

I'm trying to read new ones, so does anybody have any suggestions?

10. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    i've read some mangas in my childhood , sadly i've forgot their titles :^^;:
    Now i'm still reading two mangas , One Piece and Naruto , since some people have predicted that Naruto will end soon , any recommended manga ?

11. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    It depends on the genre you prefer if you're not sure try picking the popular ones first. You can choose manga by genre here.

12. MeruShige

MeruShige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Tail of the Moon: If you want Ninjas, Love and quirky clumsy girl who rules sooo hard this is the manga.
    It is a Tale of the Iga tribe and Kouka tribe and yet another manga telling a tale of Nobunaga and his plots to take over the nation. (I am not so sure of futal Japan but the mangas portray Nobunaga as the enemy.)

Stepping on Roses: This is made by the same author as you can tell by the drawing of the manga. i recommend this drama for the mushy romantic types.

Hell Girl: Man i cant get enough of this manga. I am forever creeped out and in love at the same time. Its a manga where the wrong is damned for there actions by there victims request which is to be carried out by the Hell Girl. By the name of the carrier you can tell there is only one place the evil people will go to repent for their actions on earth. sadly though the Hell Girls services comes with a price, so in return in order to have your request granted you must too also go to Hell after your death. Kakkoiii~~~ :^O^:

13. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^ Jigoku Shoujo is awesome lol, love the concept behind it [rock] I still swear to this day the 'Hotline to Hell' website is real and I've seen it once :fear:

That aside, anyone reads [The World God Only Knows] here? One of the first manga that I started on and its really awesome tbh - the MC is technically one of my fav. male characters, tied with Orihara Izaya :awesome:

14. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    @kimunlimited I'll be sure to check it out.

I started reading AKB49 a while back ago. It was good, but I haven't read it in a while. I need to start back up.

15. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    thanks for your recommendation guys , but it's hard for me to read and liking some 'unpopular' manga in my country :^^;: , but i will try to find the new one to read outside the popular manga .

16. 48wotamania

48wotamania Kenkyuusei

17. kimunlimited

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I do since '09.

I would love a season two that closely follows the manga's plot. But they still need to wait for the manga to lengthen to have another year-long anime.

18. 48wotamania

48wotamania Kenkyuusei

^ yeah.. sadly it might take awhile for its season 2.. wow so u've been reading it for 4 yrs now awesome !! I only knew Beelzebub last year lol :D but I finished reading it until its newly chapter out.. ^^v took me a week only to catch up with its every new chapter :)

19. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    So I just finished the manga [Girl Friends] by Morinaga Milk thanks to a reccomendation and OMG I loved it :inlove: The story of the manga is really amazing, and I love the interactions between the characters, definitely something that I'll reccomend to all Yuri fans out there :inlove: :inlove:

Its a bit explict though so yeah, just a small word of caution [hehe] :awesome:

20. Yuki48

Yuki48 Kenkyuusei

^ Oh. I've read that as well before - The story is really nice isn't it? I remember crying when I read the final chapter because I got too attached to the characters and was so happy for them being together ;~;

I like reading Yuri/Shoujo-ai mangas as well, I love the warm and cute feeling that you get when the girls are able to be together in the end <3

I am also reading [The World God Only Knows] now, just started chapter 81 ^ o ^