1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The No Dating Rule and its effects on the modern idol world

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Jan 28, 2012.

?

Renai Kinshi Jourei: Should these "Rules Against Love" stand in today's idol world?

1. Yes.

214 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. No.

188 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Even I can't bring myself to re-read the wall of text I wrote in this thread at the time, but I remember posting some sourced quotes to explain what the management actually said about the love ban. Surprised everyone is still getting things wrong to this day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I like the love ban rule personally, and would be disappointed if my oshis were caught dating secetly behind our backs. There are two aspects, one is that given that this is the set rule, can they not follow simple instruction? They know it signing up day 1 for AKB, it is fair game. And if they ever really feel like they want out, they are free to graduate and do whatever they like. It is about keeping a promise to fans.
    The other aspect is with the rule itself and I see it as part of their job. Then the next argument is that this eats into their private lives, but it is really a lifestyle you sign up for, just as how you may be recognized on the street, it isn't a total on/off. Similarly, a teacher might be looked down upon or get in trouble if they set a bad image even outside of school (swearing or getting drunk or whatnot). Following with that example, the next argument would be that dating is not inherently immoral, but I think it is part of their devotion to their fans and idolhood itself. Of course I don't see myself as their "boyfriend" or anything like that, but the idol-fan relationship is a rather unique one that works. I agree that this may not be the most rational thing out there, but I am just trying to describe my gut reaction to the rule, and there are, I would believe, many other fans who feel similarly to different degrees, so from a business point of view, that's how things would run.

3. miserri

miserri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    but dating bans aren't just jpop thingy, look at kpop groups, from jyp for example; all members of newly debuted groups aren't allowed to date for 3 years. does it make this rule any more questionable? heck no.