The Official Stage48 Discord server is now open!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Silenka, May 15, 2018.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The Stage48 Discord server is now up and running! You can access it at https://discord.gg/S54fgYp

Here's how it works for anyone who hasn't had a chance to use Discord yet:
    Just click the invite link I've provided above. You must have a Discord login with a verified email (no random guest access). If you don't have one yet, you are prompted to make one when opening Discord. After verifying your email address, you will be able to join the server. As far as what program to open it in, there are 3 options:
    • In your web browser (default option if you don't have the other 2 options)
    • Phone app (useful to carry Discord around with you)
    • Desktop PC app, which you can download here
    Once connected, there will be a 5 minute period before you can post any messages. You should initially land in the #rules channel, which outlines the rules of the server. I'll also post them here so everyone can read them.

Discord server rules (May 2018):

• Do not post photos of or links to explicit material. (Gravure is fine)
    • No flooding or spamming.
    • Have basic courtesy for your fellow members. Harassment of other members in channels or DMs will result in a permanent ban.
    • Do not use the server solely as a place to advertise. Users who only post advertisements will be removed.
    • As we are officially affiliated with Stage48, the forum’s piracy rules are inherited by the Discord server. Do not share torrent links on the server. (Streams are fine)
    Any violation of rules stated here will be subject to punishment with or without warning, up to and including an immediate IP ban. Situations that fall outside the posted rules will be dealt with at the moderators’ discretion. If you have any questions or concerns, please message a server mod or admin and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

Current chat mods are:

@Silenka (admin)
    @MurasakiSora (mod)
    @Cristafari (mod)
    @kanjo (mod)
    @EinhanderX (mod)

Discord is capable of serving a large community like Stage48 in various helpful and fun ways. Right now, the server is very simple until we learn the needs of the community. You can all freely post feedback such as suggestions and feature requests either in this thread or in the #suggestions channel. Stage48 Discord is meant to be a replacement for the defunct IRC chat (unfortunately, it can't be added to the forum's top banner at this time). We will be running special channels on days of large 48Group events such as SSK prelim announcements.

I hope you can all enjoy Stage48 Discord as a supplement to the forum the same way the IRC chat used to be!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Well, at least when nobody pays the bills and the forum goes down AGAIN... There’s a new “Stage” to go to... :hehe:

That’s if the server can handle the traffic... [hehe]

3. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Yay Discord! I'm pretty much always online there so I'm glad to finally see the move from IRC.

4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Nice to see we have a discord now! I'm guessing the IRC chat will officially be dead then? Since that is what we all used for the SSK, i don't think we'll be using it now that the discord is there lol. Just wondering, will you guys be changing the 'chat' link on the top bar of the forum to discord, or will it remain as KIWI IRC? A lot of people will probably click on that button to chat during the SSK when the thread inevitably gets locked throughout the duration of the event, so it would be good to get that link changed so no one misses out on the fun of chatting with the s48 community real time?