1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Official Stage48 Rules

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popocake

popocake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Fundamental differences in points of view aside, I just want to clarify that I didn't try to circumvent any rule and am not fighting any decision, on the contrary: I want to comply as much as possible to avoid any friction between my activities and the forum guidelines.

That said, I now have a fairly good understanding of the forum's stance on the whole issue and will be acting accordingly to avoid infringing this policy in the future. Nevertheless, I do think the rule should be rephrased to better convene the forum's view on the matter.

2. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    Just wanna asking.. Is mobame photo can include in post if include with translation of the mobame itself like the mods said.. I'm kinda confuse.. huhuhu.. :^^;: :confused:

Mod note (from the one who wrote the note on sgtbubba's post): as discussed below, the updated rules (2018/08/17) state that posting mobame photos on the forum is not allowed under any circumstances

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2018
  3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    The issue is this....

It has been a long-standing tradition, and universally understood among fans that Mobame Photos should not be shared publicly. The reason is simple; People pay for that service. If you share them publicly you are taking away from the exclusivity of the service by sharing something that was meant solely for paying customers. Moreover, it is disrespectful to the members who count on subscribers to make their exclusive Mobame lucrative for themselves, and the company.

I know there has been some past conversation about photos being allowed in the context of mobame translations, and personally I have no issue with people translating or paraphrasing the content of mobame. However, we once again run into the issue of whether or not we are respecting the intentions and wishes of the company, and the members themselves. So despite the verbage on that message, I would advise everyone to refrain from sharing mobame photos publicly.

4. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    @Cristafari thanks for the clarification.. great help as always.. understood what u r saying completely.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I... don't. Chris's post is a bunch of moralising based on established (primarily Japanese) fan practice. But I don't see what relevance that has to Stage48? He also avoids actually giving a "ruling", despite the mod note above treating it like he did.

The spirit of the anti-piracy rule is as follows "this rule is to support the girls that we are fans of, not steal from them." Technically, mobile mail is restricted to Japanese phones, and Android/iOS devices. However, it's relatively easy for foreigners to bypass the latter restriction, and of course anything posted here is not limited solely to foreign fans. So clearly, providing an alternative to subscribing to mobile mail, by regularly sharing photos and translations, is one of the most direct ways you can "steal" from a specific girl. So in that sense, I support restricting mobame photos and original Japanese text.

But there's a difference between mirroring someone's mobame like certain tumblr accounts, and posting very rare, very occasional highlights to whet people's appetite and give them a taste of what they are missing. I realise that many Japanese wota are very strict about mobame sharing, but I don't see why that policy should dictate ours.

• Old Old x 1
  6. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    @wlerin perhaps to follow the etiquette.. As what the mods remind to us before in this thread.. I mean base on moral as a fans.. :^^;:
    I saw a bunch of mobame trans with photo included of various member especially the popular one being share on the net.. :^^;:
    But, personally i think, what they did is they try to give the highlight/info of the member thought from the mobame to their fans (mostly intl fans).. Becos not all have the mobame itself.. right? :^^;:
    I'm not sure if this kind of things is right or wrong.. Or is it illegal to do this kind of things.. (i mean from the Civil Law point of view..) :confused:
    Even our admin bigC share sakura mobame to show us her thought regarding most important things.. Becos they dont post it on other sns (twitter,insta).. :)
    But, yeah.. I have no problem to follow the etiquette, if its the proper way need to be done.. In a good moral way.. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Etiquette isn't morality. It may be based on morality, but it's usually a lot more inflexible and easily becomes divorced from the principles that inspired it.

8. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    I'm pretty sure rules like "sharing on social media is forbidden and will bring consequences" arent in the TOC for shits and giggles, tho. It perfectly makes sense why not to share paid services for free on social media sites, as the companies actually monitor such behaviour and will shut down their services if they see people are problematic and don't give two damns about rules.

But you do you, I guess¯\(ツ)/¯

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm pretty sure that's not in the TOS at all, on either the app or the mail service. At least not for AKB.

And it being a paid service doesn't make it any different from gravure magazines, Ameba TV, DMM, or Japanese premium TV like BS Sky Perfect TV.

Again, though, it's quite irrelevant whether it's in the terms of service or not. This forum isn't bound by them. What it is bound by, is "support the members, don't steal from them". Regularly dumping mobame pics provides an alternative to paid subscriptions and is thus stealing from the members. Posting one or two every once in a while does not, and is not.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  10. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    Johnny's suspended their international fanclub services because the fans shared the artists' posts on social media.
    Iirc several other visual key bands have their fanclub services restricted to japan only because of the international fans don't follow the rules. It's not just a "japanese fan practice", they just do what common sense dictates. Which is, following the rules.

I'm with Cris at this one, mostly because he lives in Japan, therefore knows how things are going there better than you or I do, but also because I'm/I was also a member of said, now restricted fanclubs, and it's just crappy to see how some "fans" disrespect artists like so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    These services are already restricted to Japan.

No, common sense would be this:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    Directly quoting from JWeb:

"Any unauthorized commercial or non-commercial posting, re-posting, reproduction, selling, purchasing, transmitting, trading or modifying of the below in public formats such as the internet will be deemed as violation of the Copyright Act.

- Portraits, video, audio, lyrics
    - Content published on the official site

We also ask that you refrain from publishing drawings etc. of our artists. Furthermore please note that J&A will not accept any applications or authorization requests for unofficial homepages. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

edit [lmao im a dumbass and the only thing i forgot to add was the main point of the whole thing]: i kinda feel like some of the intl fans think the rules don't apply to them because they're not japanese, but consider it: it's a japanese service for mostly japanese people. for the longest time it was basically illegal for foreigners to even access these content. so, now that you use these services, at least use them accordingly to the home country's laws and rules and whatnot. if "no sharing" is a rule, then don't share. simple as that

but yeah, as i said, go ahead, do whatever you want. just don't be a hypocrite once the management decides it had enough of international fans' bs

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    :|
    That's correct. Japanese copyright law is even more backwards and stifling of creativity and freedom than US copyright law. If everyone used Japanese services "according to the home country's laws and rules" I wouldn't even know AKB exists, let alone be actively seeking out and spending money on their content.

And again, the AKB48 Mail terms don't contain any such rule. All of the sister groups and the mobile apps do, though they are in the most generic terms, basically reiterating the Copyright Act.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    • Old Old x 1
  14. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Literally no one cares about this in China

15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/okumoto-hinano-nonnon.20110/page-9#post-1601989
    I got a pic deleted from a post because it was NSFW. But I cannot see anything about that in the rules. Moreover I see this quite recent "ruling" from one of the mods which explicitly states 1) it is not a rule 2) it'd be nice to spoiler tag it - which I did. I post it here since, as always, no one was signed under the edit and since I hope it may make things clearer for everyone!

16. qpet

qpet Future Girls

#justicefornvmea

• Old Old x 1
  17. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    From the first post of this very thread under "Content".....

18. qpet

qpet Future Girls

@hjr1891 Have you seen the picture?

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yes, I saw the lady with her tits out, covering her nipples with her fingers.

20. qpet

qpet Future Girls

:eek: how dare you! She used her whole hand :awesome:
    so she covered herself, is that nudity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.