1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The "oshimen" field discussion thread!

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by unwanted, Apr 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Too bad my oshimen's name is spelled wrong...ah well.

2. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yeah, it's too bad you couldn't say something like "hey guys I think there's a spelling mistake, could you look into that? Cheers!" in the feedback thread. Ah well!!! ;)

3. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Well I'm glad her name is fixed now. Thank you Mr. Waffle! :^^;:

4. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Ok, now here is some idea (as i totally do not get the whole point of the discussion):

Can you actually set links to the member thread from the oshimen field? that would be incredibly awesome.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    This idea has already been thought and even though it's interesting, it is not priority right now.

"Likes" are, lol

6. rka

Oh, i missed that one. My apologies.

So at least, someone else is as awesome as i am!

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Might as well try it.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    ahah it was my suggestion so i guess we are both awesome :p

9. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Going back to the subject of 'oshimen': if one has two absolute favourite members in AKB and wants to support them both equally/more than any of the other members, what kind of situation is that called (or is it even important to define it)? How would, for example, Japanese fans react if you told them that one of the girls is your kami-oshi and the other one your absolute favourite?

Adding another question, will one really be scorned upon for having handshake tickets for other members than one's oshimen? If I had the chance to attend a handshake event, I would probably try to get tickets for other girls too apart from my oshimen.

10. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    What's the difference? You're just using separate terms so you won't have to group them together. What else is your "kami-oshi" if not your absolute favorite? :^^;:

If you have several members you like... you just have several members you like. No need to call that anything really.

Of course you're not gonna be frowned upon, but some people are gonna snicker a little if it looks like you're just there to drop by as many members as you can without much of a purpose.

11. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    By absolute favourites I meant to imply that I wouldn't support "financially" (buying their photos, voting for them) other than those two members. Sorry if my wording was unclear! I wondered if that kind of thing would be unusual, but then again, people might vote for several members in the elections... I'm at a loss with the terminology, that's all.

I also think that "Gotta catch 'em all" wouldn't be quite polite towards the girls. I would only probably want to say hello to some of the older members I really respect, if I got the chance.

12. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    Though I'm not relatively new to this fandom, it's my first time to come across the term "DD". What does it mean exactly? Please enlighten me,,

I'm amazed at how some have made the oshi field into a deep discussion. Forums are fun desu ne? lol
    But I probably won't list mine for the time being since I'm a WMatsui-oshi. Snicker or roll your eyes as much as you want but it's definitely true for me. I can't/don't want to choose between Jurina or Rena. (I tried before and didn't work out well). And it's not the same as having casual favorites within the group and such. I dunno, I'm a bit perplexed. I'm certainly not undecided as to who my oshi is. I just have two. Just like SayoKuro can have 4 centers :fp: lol

Do Japanese fans/wotas really frown on someone who visits multiple members during handshake events? Why?? I don't understand what's wrong with that. Isn't the whole concept of AKB about idols you can meet? And if I wanted to meet a couple of members would it violate the "rules" of having an oshi? (if there's even one?!) I mean, some international fans throw the oshi term casually and I understand why others were complaining. I guess a distinction between favorites and oshi must be made. An example I guess is someone claiming to be a Yuria-oshi but then visiting Kanon. I don't see anything wrong with that unless you visit Kanon while wearing a Yuria shirt or have Yuria merchandise. (but I believe those kind of instances sadly do happen...)

Also I think if someone claims to be a hako-oshi, then they shouldn't be frowned upon. If anything, I think supporting the group would be harder for them. haha But I believe one can start from being a hako-oshi until they become charmed by a certain member. I mean, when I was knew to this fandom I didn't have a particular member that I liked and just casually watched all of them. But then I was drawn to Acchan after watching Nagisa no Cherry and she soon became my favorite in AKB. Although I wouldn't classify her as my oshi.

Finally +1 for including graduates in the oshi list. Maybe have something like (Graduated) next to their name would help. You don't stop loving a certain member once they graduate from the group. It's either you also leave the fandom or stay and have new "favorites" in my opinion.

13. rka

14. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Exactly. It's kind of like tourists who are in Paris for a day but need to see the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame AND the Louvre AND the Arc de Triomphe AND Disneyland. ;)

Or let's compare it to something else. You got this bar you like to go to. You're on friendly terms with the guy who's running it and you really enjoy talking to him every now and then, but you can only afford to go out drinking about once a week. So are you gonna spend the evening at your friend's place where you already know you're gonna have a good time, or will you check out one of the other places you haven't been to yet?

It always depends. If you're supporting a Senbatsu member you most likely won't really be able to spend that much money on her at the handshakes anyway. So in that case you might want to say hello to a few other members, even if only because you don't wanna go all the way to the venue for only two tickets. Then again there's enough people that do that and I really only have respect for that.
    If it's someone like Karen though you gotta ask yourself: do I really want to spend a small fortune on my oshimen and another small fortune on a whole bunch of other members... or am I gonna put my money where my mouth is?

Then of course... sure you want to meet a number of members if it's only your first time around. It should be getting less and less with time though.

You don't, but the term "oshimen" just isn't applicable anymore. That only makes sense when referring to someone who is part of a group. Sure you could call her your "past oshimen", but I don't really want to dabble too much in the past. Nostalgia is great and all but I don't know if that adds anything to this function.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  15. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @rka
    Thanks for the link! Can't believe I missed that bit of info...
    And going by it's meaning, would that make me a DD or MD then?? :rolleyes: (I'm kinda curious)

@HoneyRoastedPeanuts
    I understand. Then I guess some should just leave it blank or go Oshihen then...

16. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    When all has updated their oshimen, could we get the statistics? So we get some use of it.

17. cheza28

cheza28 Kenkyuusei

love your idea.. but i don't think it is necessary to wait for the people to update their profiles...

18. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

lol Totally did not notice this thread before. Just my two cents, I think it's good to have this field and I don't mind it being required. It's definitely nice to know who people's favorite member is.

When it comes to the semantics of what "oshimen" means and what it doesn't, I don't really care. I always just go into fandoms (idol-related and otherwise) in my own way. I have my oshi in the 48G, Yukirin, and I have a select bunch of other girls I also follow and pay attention to, but I don't follow and try to support every single member. Some kinda bug me, others I just don't have interest in. So I wouldn't say I will just support everyone, just my select few members I like. But hey I don't really like labeling myself as anything specific (like DD or MD or anything of that sort, regardless of if it's accurate or not in my particular case) since I just wanna enjoy the fandom my way. As long as it makes you happy with how you're enjoying the fandom that's what matters most anyway. I mean really, you wanna like and support whoever, and however many or few members you want, great. Doesn't matter to me as long as you're happy with how you experience the fandom.

And I really don't understand the complaints since there is a n/a field after all. I think it's a welcome feature that's very interesting to see.

And I have to agree that statistics would be interesting to see. Especially by looking at the statistics with the rankings we do every year... That'd be pretty cool to see.

19. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Wish I could put Akimoto Sayaka, but I will settle for my SKE Kamioshi <3. This feature is very neat!

20. iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    iamcrazymike
    This field is required? I left mine blank since Yuko Oshima is no longer an option for obvious reasons and I have yet to settle on a new oshimen . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.