1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert The Real 2017 WIP Climax in Korakuen Hall (17/08/29)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 24, 2017.

1. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    WTF. Can they stop it before some girl actually gets injury?

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Haruppi called, said "Hi"

Anyway, in the spirit of your post, lets hope no other member gets an injury beyond some bumps or bruises.

3. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Like AKS prayed for sunshine in Okinawa on 06/17. And instead of Family Mart, we have New Japan...

4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^^^
    uhm, nope. :)

I wish they just left this for the more physically fit members. The "soft" members are really (more) at-risk of getting injured. I don't know if it's worth it.

5. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Was it even confirmed that Haruppi got her injury while filming Tofupro? Most people seems to assume it was because of that, but could've been by dancing, or even while working out. Call me naive but I don't think the staff is going to take such a big risks if they didn't prepared the girls for it.

And who knows how many of the girls are going to actually wrestle? I think that for most of them is going to simply reprise their characters and perform it like a stage play, minus for the special match, or the demonstration is going to be very brief? I don't know - I'm honestly very excited because I loved the dorama and it's great that it got a better reception than most of the 48G other attempts.

6. GATX105

GATX105 Member

It's not confirmed but since it doesn't look like it's ever going to be confirmed for whatever reason, then we'll just take the most likely explanation. She's also noticeably absent from this and since she was part of the original tofupro cast, then that just adds to it. But anyone can guess/assume other causation. :)

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    OK, but you asked. Naive. As fake as this style of wrestling is, even more so for a TV drama of it. It is still much, much, much more dangerous than dancing or working out.

Oh plenty of people already have.......

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm in for Yui finishing off Jurina and Miru and saving Sakura!
    And Shimada winning the whole thing!!

9. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Mion vs Saya, Hell in the Cell match. Book it, AkiP!

10. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    I hope that's the case. :( This whole thing is just so concerning. And I know I'm not the only fan who is worried about this. I've seen others in this thread, this forum and on Twitter who have expressed concerns regarding this. I wish they would at least reassure the fans that they're keeping the girls safe (if they have, I haven't seen it). I would hope they aren't going to let them do anything too dangerous knowing these aren't professional wrestlers we're talking about, these are idols who have other activities (example: The movie Renacchi has a main role in is supposed to premiere only three days after this event and I'm more than sure there would be events that she'll be attending for that.) that could be affected if they were to be injured doing this.

Another problem is that for some non-wrestling fans (me), what comes to mind when thinking of wrestling are extremely over-the-top, painful moves and I know I hope they won't be doing anything like that, but there already has been at least couple of instances in the drama of moves being done that landed someone on their neck/head.

The logical part of me wants to believe management wouldn't let anything happen to the girls especially knowing popular members like Sakura, Jurina, Yui, Mion or Miru are involved as well as members who have other events scheduled soon after this and that since they aren't professional wrestlers that wouldn't be doing some of the moves like the ones above, plus the obvious backlash that would follow if something were to happen, but the other part of me keeps equating wrestling to extreme high flying moves like above.

I really just want August 29 to come so this :censored: can be over with and am hoping that everyone makes it out of this unharmed and management never does anything like this ever again, because this feels like the single most reckless event that has been conceived in 48G history.

Anyway, this post was just made to vent/reassure myself about this; my apologies if I was all over the place with this.

Also such dissonance in here between the obvious wrestling fans who are excited for this and the non-wrestling fans who are horrified.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm a fan of woman's wrestling match actually, and I understand y'all worries because Japan's Joshi Proresu (what ToFu served us every week) is WAY harsher than US' Woman's. If they take WWE Women's route by putting more submission moves, less brawls or high flying, they would be safe. There were a lot of instances in WWE Women's Wrestling (especially during the pre Women's Revolution era) where matches ended in five minutes with minimum brawls and slamming (except for the finishing moves/fatality lol).

If they go with Joshi Proresu way tho.... Wow, let's just hope they are properly trained.

12. mav48

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Yeah, I've seen video of Joshi Proresu, and quite frankly, I felt sick thinking about the idea of them performing those moves at this match. I would hope management isn't dumb enough to have them doing stuff like that (because obviously if someone were to be injured, there would be major backlash against everyone involved for putting the girls in this situation in the first place). The Behind the Scenes Twitter account has video of some of the members practicing, it doesn't look like they're doing anything like that there, right?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'd love to think it's just going to be acted and the girls won't be in serious risk of injury, but Megu already injured her shoulder and they're just doing practice...

14. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    The only thing that I'm worried about is how good the staffs teaching them how to land on the mat. Might sound easy and basic, but believe me, even pro wrestlers are injured left and right only because of they landed their body in the wrong side or with a wrong angle. Wrong landing on head gives you concussion; on shoulder, you might dislocate it; on your back, and it's a Haruppi situation. Really hope they stick with submission and less or (favourably) NO slamming or suplex.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Road to WIP Climax (Episode 1)

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. mav48

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  17. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

so... she missed? :^^;:

18. mav48

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    Yeah. It looks like (at least I hope) they're training them so that their kicks/punches don't actually connect. So I'm hoping that's a sign that the staff is making sure no one gets hurt during this.

19. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Really just relax Professional wrestling is a choreographed event. With idols it will be even more so. They are in no more danger than performing in a stage. Yes. I have watched wrestling since the WWF.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Yeah the videos are obviously choreography practice not actual fight training.

Although the girls are building up muscle mass and getting bruises, so it's not 100% contact free.
    A lot of the bruises might be from the ropes though.

• Like Like x 1