1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Re: [NEW GROUP] SNH48 (Shanghai, China)

I completely agree with you. Also, since AKB(or SNH)'s target is still teenage girls, i really wonder how it's going to work out. You probably know already (since we are both chinese), but just HOW important high school education is. The whole school system is so competitive that if you do not 100% focus on school work in high school you will not get into a good university. And as sad as it could be, bad university is just..bad. And if you consider all these, what parents will allow their kids to join SNH? And i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the girls who made SNH, what kind of girls would they be? :fp:

Well..it's just a common phenomena in China right now. A lot of young girls still do that :fp:

There's nothing wrong with that. I'm just saying it would be hard for Aki-P to write lyrics in Chinese simply b/c he doesn't know the language.

I'm totally cool with TPE48. I think TPE will do fine b/c the taiwanese entertainment industry is great. But...SNH...*sigh*

2. Ehee

Ehee Kenkyuusei

^agree with the few posts above ,depending on how auditions are held we may not even see much applicants from common families(one child policy+only goal before age 20 is to obtain a degree mindset etc)even thou audition is open countrywide but seriously no chinese family will move just for an 'idol dream'. then we have the other end of the income spectrum, i would expect lots of scandals/graduations/underhand tactics..entertainment world is alot worse in china
    have we mentioned the red tape? i hope everything about the project have been sanctioned by the govt already
    cultural/broadcasting ministry is pretty ridiculous :^^;:

3. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
  4. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

I think the cultural ministry or foreign cultural ministry (whatever it's called XD) has passed the...case.
    And i hear from my friend who went to the mini live yesterday, according to her, SNH48 is planning to do a (national-wide) tour this August. And something about Aki-P will come and do blah blah blah.

I really hope no matter how bad/crazy SNH gets, other groups will not get affected.

P.S And one of SNH's sponsor is Hunan Broadcasting System (Hunan TV). I can totally imagine what kind of tv show they will put on. :fp: Everyone i know hate that TV station. And it has a nickname too - the toilet TV (almost everyone in China knows that nickname, btw XD)

5. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Aki-P wants to conquer the world :fear:

6. Criss

Criss Member

:drool: :drool: :drool:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPS6rQ_jE0Q[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROQjzbKxADQ[/yt]

LUNA girls MUST try the audition :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

7. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari

i'm actually looking forward to this. TBH i'd wish they learned from TPE48 before creating SNH48, yet cant wait how this will develop for groups. We already have seen the 'failure' with icecreamusume due to lack of interest from both sides on the long run. The 48 concept may turn out positively, because its approach is on a different level. As some of u state about chinese people having a different culture and working ethos than the japanese, i rather believe that one should look at the similarities/relations between both cultures. In the end I think SNH48 is definately for a niche market in China, but that doesnt make the idea less interesting.

8. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

It wouldn't be that difficult for him if he knows, like many other adult Japanese, Kanji since it is Chinese [characters] (Kan = Chinese, ji = character) as 1/3 of written Japanese is comprised of Chinese characters. [aup]

Basically, Chinese can read part of Japanese writing, IF it's in Kanji, whereas the Japanese can, or should, be able to read Chinese.

IMO, It just wouldn't sound that well, considering that AKB is a Japanese idol group.
    Generally, songs translated to other languages sometimes lose their meaning and something gets lost in translation.

9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

The two languages might not be quite as similar as you think.
    Although having originated from the Chinese, Kanji will in many cases differ in meaning or context used in. A Japanese person can make some sense of Chinese text, but not to an extent where he'll be able to translate or understand it in its entirety. You could compare it to someone fluent in English/French/Italian being able to get the gist of what's being said in Spanish every now and then.

Simply translating the lyrics would definitely sound off in many cases, but they've done it with JKT and they'll probably do the same thing here just to have some familiar element for the Japanese fans. It hasn't been suggested that Akimoto would be in charge of Chinese-language lyrics and I'd say there's no reason to believe he will be. For all we know any of the foreign sister groups might be getting their own songs at some point.

10. non.

non. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kimotokanon

I would much rather see a sister group in Hong Kong or Korea first.

And smh, TPE hasn't even been formed yet, and management is already thinking of creating another Chinese group.

11. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu

While I view the news about the formation of SNH48 as interesting, I also view this as a risky decision by Aki-P. [sweat]

The main problem with AKB48 and the other 48 girl groups reaching the Chinese audience is piracy in the entertainment industry. China has been given a bad reputation over the increasing frequency of internet piracy that is occurring there. Any music single or album that is released would later make it to the internet and end up illegally downloaded via peer-to-peer software. I take another J-pop group that has made the same mistake, in which it was Morning Musume when they brought two audition winners from China, Junjun and Linlin, to the group in 2007. It was tough for Morning Musume to reach the Chinese crowd due to piracy concerns at that time. As a result, the two girls only lasted until December 2010, in which they both graduated from the group together in order to pursue careers back at their homeland. If piracy continues unchecked, my predictions for SNH48 would be that they might last around a couple to a few years. That amount of time was the same duration of time SDN48 was around (still bummed out from their graduation even though it's been half a month now :( ).

I was being a bit off-topic and realistic in this post, but other than that, I wish good luck to the planned success of the new group. :)

12. Atsu-nee

Atsu-nee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru

oh ! great more random girls... [shake]

13. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

I find the reaction of the Chinese posters here far more interesting than the news itself [hehe]

14. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Just found out this today!
    Great, AkiP really is thinking of the world domination! [rock]
    WORLD OF 48's RULES!! [rock]
    by the way, have TPE48 debut their group yet? I have no idea, why AkiP want to start the new group when he is planning on debuting the other one! why so desperate ? [think]

15. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

Finding a place to build their theatre would also be a problem. With so many skyscrapers, so little available locations and extreme prices, it wouldn't be very cost efficient to have a theatre there.

16. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

And b/c of that, i think the tickets are probably gonna be pretty expensive
    AKB's theatre ticket (3000 yen) is about 250 RMB (chinese currency). I highly doubt if anyone in China is willing to pay 250 RMB just to see a newly formed Shanghai idol group. For 250RMB you can get a ticket to top chinese singers' concert.
    And i do expect the ticket to be around that price too. Or even higher :fp:

I think TPE48's audition hasn't even start yet. :^^;:
    Don't know what Aki-P's plan is~

[EDIT] Heard something rather interesting again :awesome: SNH's official website was actually registered in 2010. http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/7d0ee57cjw1ds7rmxw22gj.jpg

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Krr6vnwQU[/yt]

The TV station i talked about (sponsor of SNH) is known for plagiarizing korean/japanese tv shows.
    Oh well...just sth funny to watch [1:16~]

17. cikociko

cikociko Kenkyuusei

to be honest, I don't know much about Chinese musics.
    But hmmm I'm trying to trust and wishing a goodluck for Aki-p's plans [nod]

Back to the time when JKT was announced, it was full of doubt.
    But now, I see JKT is quite successful project I think. (as an Indonesian)

Goodluck Chinese girls! [blush]

18. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

On TPE48's official Facebook page, they said that the audition information will be available sometime this month (April) and the audition will start soon. They aim to debut on September according to a Chinese news article. :)

Btw, I agree with you guys' earlier points regarding how the Chinese culture may pose some difficulties for the group to succeed (such as the one child policy and prioritization of education). But I think since China is so huge with so many people ... there's bound to be enough girls who are exceptional to these. As for Chinese society being more competitive ... well, I can see that being true if we're talking about adults. But if we're talking about 10-17 year olds ... then I don't think it applies since they're just kids. HOWEVER .. I can see how their parents will force them to compete and get to the top ... and that could certainly cause some conflicts between the members ... O___O ... Chinese parents ... :^^;:

19. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

Ain't that Chinese and Taiwanese speaking slightly the same language-Mandarin(well, I don't know is it the dialect or the accent that makes the difference) , so I see no point why Aki-p should started a new group with the same language between the two. And if people were to listen to either one of them, of course they would choose Taiwanese instead, knowing that Taiwanese music is way better than Chinese. No offence here, I'm neither one of them, but I listened to Taiwanese music quiet a lot, and I can tell how the Taiwanese is way better.
    Why not making Cantonese instead?

20. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

New group..... Meh!

Following AKB is already too much for ordinary folks like me. :^^;:

I can't even memorized SKE or NMB. :fp: