1. Kodama Haruka (Haruppi) 21th Birthday Fan Project: Click here for details and make sure to participate! The deadline to send in your submissions is August 31st!

The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. sscrla

sscrla Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Xu JiaQi
    probably 16 16 16 18.

3. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han
  4. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Recently I was on Youtube checking for new PV from SNH48 when I notice the views were low. Are these girls popular in China? Does Youtube only reflect the popularity of SNH outside of China?

5. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han
    If you want to evaluate the popularity of SNH based on videos, do not look at youtube. It isn't available in China unless you have a VPN to get around the Great Firewall. You have to look at Chinese video sites to get an accurate reflection.

Only people who watch SNH on youtube are international fans for the most part and, since there's a lot of duplicate postings, you woud have to add up all the views from everyone to even get close to an approximate number.

6. kirashogun

kirashogun Kenkyuusei

What he said. I just wanted to add they are not as popular as TF-BOYS which has a cult Taiwanese following and probably a good portion of SE Asian fans which sees their video reach 8 figures on Youtube alone.

It's hard to gauge popularity of SNH48 in real time since there is no unified music chart in China. But if you use Weibo (Chinese Facebook) as a proxy, then SNH48 has 4.7m followers vs. TF-BOYS at 9m followers, so respectable but not ridiculous.

We will really need to wait for the 2017 election to see.

As for theatre tickets, SNH48 theatre tickets gets sold out rather quickly, usually within minutes and they have an Overseas Ticket Reservation system so I assume there is SOME o/s demand.

BEJ48 would sell out most of the time but the less popular teams such as J team would still have standing seats available. I haven't been following GNZ or SHY.

7. Reveen

Reveen Kenkyuusei

Ah, the charms of living in a totalitarian state!

8. kirashogun

kirashogun Kenkyuusei

As opposed to a totalitarian state where you get to vote the same party with different names. Yes ;)

But why bring politics into this. Let's stay on topic.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  9. Reveen

Reveen Kenkyuusei

Politics has always been entwined with SNH.

10. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han
    The entire entertainment industry in China is heavily under state control. That makes it true that politics plays a role in SNH but in the same way it plays a role for any artist that wants to do business there (including foreigners)... and that will include AKB48 China and/or TPE if or when they get started.

11. Weiweiwei99999

Weiweiwei99999 Kenkyuusei

SNH is only popular in mainland China, so no, Youtube doesn't matter or reflect their actual status.

12. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han

13. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^Amazing. The thinking is on a higher level than I can muster. With my limited knowledge I don't understand the purpose, yet this may be the start of a strategy that makes SNH48 a world popular pop Idols.

14. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han
    Actually they have done this before. This is not really aimed at the international market. In China, you have to be seen to be big to be accepted as such. Companies will pull stunts like this so they can brag about it and show how rich/powerful... they are. It is for Chinese domestic consumption.

EDIT: I was making refernce to Harman here.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  15. sscrla

sscrla Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That is an ad for JBL, an American company, not SNH. AKG and JBL are both divisions of Harman International. Here is a SNH video from last year.

16. blitzmatch

blitzmatch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    They have a new set of profile pictures on the site!

17. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Li YuQi 's hair is dope
    zp_10006.jpg

18. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mo Han
    Based on a Xinhua News report, SNH48 Group is preparing for a very busy 2017/2018 season.

http://news.163.com/17/0223/15/CDVIKP42000187V5.html

Plans are for 8 new ORIGINAL stages and 10 EPs (brigning their music catalog to around 800 songs).

They will also be working on some new music with Swedish, American, and Dutch authors as well as beginning exploratory work on sister groups in Chongqing, Chengdu, and Wuhan.

19. wakadere

wakadere Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    hopefully they plan on including loooots of sister group songs. gnz48 has so many talented girls in there and snh stages in general have always been among my favorite to watch

20. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    Holy cow!! :eek: I hope these girls get plenty of rest and watch their health if they will be super busy as reported.