1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 Help & Troubleshooting Thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Since the error occurs random, I suspect that sometimes the max number of mysql connections is reached. This either means that this number is set too strict, or that the database (which is quite large I assume) isn't optimized which causes the queries to take too much time (using a connection for longer than necessary).

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Okay, so what's with the outage yesterday?

3. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I don't see a search bar on the forum website. Was there ever one in the past?

4. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    It has been reported few pages back as disabled, no estimate or explicit plan on reenabling the feature due to the underlying problems still being unresolved and in effect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Forgot how to add video from Facebook on here. Can anyone remind me again. I'm so sorry.

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I wonder if it is something like that causing the problems as about 20 minutes ago as a test I deleted two images I recently posted and replaced them with embedded versions on my recently-created Imgur account, and about a minute later the database error occurred again! In other words the error occurred right after I removed rather than added images (although of course somebody else might have just added some then) which makes me wonder if it is to do with the max number of mysql connections rather than database size?

Anyhow that little test seems to have been successful so later today I'll make a start on replacing images which I've posted over the years with embedded Imgur versions. I doubt I can do absolutely everything but I'll make a start with my posts on the Experiences thread where there must be at least a hundred of my images.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Anecdotally it does seem to happen more often when I'm trying to edit a post, but who knows how many other people are online at the same time and doing stuff.

8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Yes, it has to do with the number of connections. No matter what you do, all actions require a query to the database, even just a page view. If the database isn't optimized, connections take longer, so the max number is reached faster.

9. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    It would be nice if Mr Waffle could give us some guiding if there are things we can do for reducing those stops, and of course things we shouldn't do. I'm sure everybody is ready to do anything to help the situation. And I wonder if Mr Waffle must do something everytime there is a stop for getting the forum up again, some reset or similar.

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've noticed that whenever the forum is down for a number of hours with the 'unexpected database error' message it seems to always come back up at around 23:00 UK time (18:00 EST in the US or 08:00 JST in Japan). Is there a daily limit on connections which simply resets itself at the same time everyday without anyone (e.g. Mr Waffle) intervening to ask the hosting company to fix the issue? I'm certainly ready to help wherever I can. As I said earlier I'll try and replace at least some images I've uploaded on Stage48 with links to copies on Imgur (I could have done quite a bit of work on that yesterday evening if the forum had been available :() but I think the only real solution is to upgrade to a better hosting package. If that means chipping in with some cash then I'm happy to help - but I guess that means talking to Mr Waffle and can anyone ever get hold of him?

11. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    There was a short stop just now. I accessed the forum but the page was corrupt. I press F5 for update and recieved the normal "database error", but 10 minutes later the forum was working again. Strange.

12. Meipon

Meipon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Memi_0107_
    first now after getting an error message on the forum and wiki since Monday, i can finally see it again

13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Are posts being removed? I notice a decrease in post count and ratings on my profile.

14. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    The mod team may delete older posts which contain e.g. only dead video/photo links without further notice.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Also, if someone double posts, the two posts can be merged. I am guessing that reduces the number of posts and may remove some of the ratings if both posts had them. I merged two yesterday and after the merge, only the ratings on the first post remained. Of course, that is just on the surface, so I am not sure what happens under the covers.

[End of original post]
    [New post]
    This is a test of post count.

First step, post this.
    Second step, post again.
    Third step, merge posts.

Second Post:
    update after post:

Merge:
    after merge:

Oops, this is itself a double post, so let's merge again.

Update:
    Now back to 9,332, just as I was after the original post.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    I have a questions: why does my alert dont show anything? :confused:

Even if there is new alert its show 0.. :(

How to solve it? Thanks.. ;)

17. kojimako

kojimako Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    Twitter:
    48keran
    i'm sure this has been posted somewhere, but i can't find where. how do i embed an image from imgur?

18. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
  19. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    If you have an account: Upload the image, click on your account name at the top right, go to "Images". Then click on the image you want to link, select medium/large sized thumbnail and press copy for "Linked BBCode".

[​IMG]

Then you can just insert it to here by presssing CTRL+V

If you don't have an account: Right click on the uploaded image- > Copy Image address
    write:
    Code:
    [url=yourcopiedimageaddress][img]yourcopiedimageaddress with an "l" before the file extension[/img]
    E.g. [url=https://imgur.com/XTFKUbo][img]http://i.imgur.com/XTFKUbo*l*.png[/img][/url]
    without the * they're just there to emphasize the position of the "l"
    You can use m for a medium sized thumbnail or t for a small one.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane