1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 Photobook Project

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kang, May 16, 2008.

1. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

UPDATED: 07-14-08

Yes ladies & gentlemen, we are pushing through with this project!

THE CONCEPT
    This photobook project is the brainchild of our very own Lamah (yay, got it right this time). The "Hey, it's you! *giggle*" thread is one of the more active threads here at S48, which is no surprise because let's face it-- we're a gorgeous bunch & we're proud of it. :D

Our working concept is something like AKB48's "Jump & Cry" PB, which will feature the members portraying two separate emotions. It'll be a digital release, unless one of us is actually a millionaire who can have this PB published. XD

The theme has been made final & we shall be going ahead with "Smile & Wild". Kang ripped it off a Nakanomori BAND song, but hey, it's cute. XD

THE DREAM TEAM
    Heading this project will be Kang, Lamah & kyu. We'll be doing our best, so please be kind to us! x3

Calling on all the Photoshop prodigies! We need people to help out with the final layout. Don't worry, we won't dump the whole thing on you. Once we've put a team together, you can divide the work amongst yourselves. Comment if you want to help out with this! :)

Current layout team: Kang, haruna_hamasaki, Voil3t (pending?), Zyn, kyu

THE PARTICIPANTS
    Anyone who is a member of this forum can participate! If you want to join in, please leave a comment to this post saying so. This is so we can have a general idea of how the final photobook will end up.

Participating members (so far):
    ★ Kang
    ★ Kyu
    ★ Lamah
    ★ Hatake_Kakashi
    ★ RocketStarLauncher
    ★ Heiwa
    ★ garnetjester
    ★ chcltmoney2
    ★ haruna_hamasaki
    ★ albusdumb
    ★ amcks
    ★ Monty
    ★ hellie
    ★ qilver
    ★ 55Cyanides

THE GUIDELINES

PICTURES
    → Members can submit 5-6 pictures falling under the theme "Smile & Wild". We're open to all kinds of interpretations of the theme; it's more interesting that way.
    → Gravure-esque shots are discouraged. Unless you're Ohori Megumi.
    → Regarding picture quality-- if you're taking pictures with your digicam, just don't resize them before sending them to us. If you don't have a digicam & just have to settle for your camera phone, then make sure it's at least 2 megapixels. And again, do not resize them.

INTERPRETING THE THEME

Smile: Where you show off that dazzling smile of yours. While that may sound plain & boring, you can make it more interesting by how you take your picture. Like taking outdoor shots. Basically, we keep it simple here. We're highlighting your smiles here, so the less fuss, the better.

Ex.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wild: Go crazy with this! What's your idea of wild? Whether it's channeling Goto Maki circa "How to Use SEXY", or Sae after chugging a galon of Red Bull, go for it! There are so many elements you can play around with to interpret this theme-- clothes, hair, poses, setting, props. :)

Ex.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

PROFILE PAGE

At the end of the photobook, we will be doing member profiles like on the last pages of "Jump & Cry". Here are the questions you have to answer, with a sample of how it's going to more or less look like:

[​IMG]
    SUBMISSION
    Do not post your photobook pictures in the "Hey, it's you! *giggle*" thread!
    → Again, do not retouch your photos in any way before sending. Like I said, if you need an instant Photoshop facial, note it down when you send them & the layout team will work their magic.
    → Please label your pictures according to which category they fall in. ex. smile1, wild1, smile2, wild2 & so on. If you are submitting a separate picture for your profile page, label that picture as "profile".
    → Submit a zipped file containing the following:
    • 1. Your smile & wild themed photos, raw & untouched
      2. A text file with your answers to the profile questions (please limit your answers!)
      3. Optional notes to the layout artists eg; make me pimple-free!

DEADLINE
    → Deadline for submitting photos: end of July

QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS & VIOLENT REVOLUTIONS?
    Discussions regarding the project should be kept here in this thread. For other concerns, PM me, Lamah or Kyu.

Let's do it, do it, do it! :D[/list]

2. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

so.

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ XD.

I really like "Smile & Wild". It kinda rhymes! :D And too bad I can't participate... I don't have a camera and, besides - I hate having my picture taken. :lol:

4. LAMAHdesu

LAMAHdesu Kenkyuusei

Hatake_Kakashi >> HAHAHHAAH ,

Yes I am 'So' as well XD

5. pikopikopong

pikopikopong Kenkyuusei

so but have the same reason with naomi of having picture taken.

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I would love to participate! What would the other emotion be? (I'm assuming the other one will be a happy one (jumping?!))

7. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ well if it remains smile and wild, then you can guess o_O one smiling, and one.. wild o_O

8. kakalich

kakalich Kenkyuusei

^ undestand "smile", but what "wild" is (xxxx :lol:)

9. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

Real clever, Kakashi. Real clever. XDDD

Well, if we push through with "Smile & Wild", you could have one picture smiling & the other with a funny facial expression. But that's just me. Different interpretations of that would make the PB a lot more interesting. :D

10. VoiL3T

VoiL3T Kenkyuusei

Beside Acchan where i can protect her 24/7
    Well i actually don't mind on helping out but in this few weeks i am busy with my job so maybe i won't be around to do all those designs.

Anyway if you guys want i can leave some comments after you all do it ^^

11. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

I want participate too ^^
    please let me in! hehe

I like the concept "smile & wild" but that means that we must take picture in that poses?

12. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

One step a a time...
    Yeah I guess by the meaning of the concept "smile & wild", we kinda have to take our poses in those manners. But hey, "wild" has a very broad meaning, right? Anything crazy, out of ordinary poses...you name it. And we're not that strict, really. :lol: It's not that we're doing some professional job. We're just trying to have fun, and we ask you guys to have fun with us too, in this project. :D

@Naomi and artszfar : why is that you hate having your pics taken? Come on... Just do it together, and it'll be fun!!! Any particular reason, if we may know?

Ok then. Now on to the some technical questions.
    1. How many pics 1 member can submit to this project? I mean, I know that in the end we choose 2 pics per member (or more?), but does she/he have to submit just the best two pics, or he/she can submit more and we pick the best two? Maybe 5-6 pics per member?

2. How about the resolution of the pics? The dimension? The pics should be fairly in the same resolution and dimension, I suggest. So we can (rather) easily edit them. We can reduce the size of bigger pics, but we can't enlarge the size of tiny pics, can we? ;)

3. How about the deadline? We can't rush this kind of project, with some members being busy at this moment and all. We want as many members as possible to join this project, right? And for those with no camera (like myself too :lol: :lol: :lol: ), we should give them enough time to perhaps seek a friend who would take their pics and all.
    How about 1 month time? Is it enough? Not enough? Maybe...S48 Photobook Part one will be closed in the end of June? Personally I think 1 month is enough to have our pics taken, with all those preparations for all things necessary.

4. Design Concept.
    We have here sooo many Photoshop wizards. Who's willing to give us a hand? ;)

Come on people. I think it's a very interesting, fun project. Just submit your pics!!! Maybe you can be the next member of AKB48? LOL just kidding. But seriously, we want this project to be successful, cause this can be a kind of memento if, maybe, later we can't join this forum anymore. :D

13. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Well, for one thing, I hate the way I look, so I'd never post pictures of me on the internet. And I don't have a camera. XD

14. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

Updating the first post with the recent... updates. XD

Pictures: 5-6 pictures per member is good. As for the quality-- if you're taking pictures with your digicam, just don't resize them before sending them to us. If you don't have a digicam & just have to settle for your camera phone, then make sure it's at least 2 megapixels. And again, do not resize them.

Deadline: People can start submitting their photos from now til the end of June. We'll set a different deadline for the final layout once we've put together a team who's willing to work on it.

And I was thinking, just as a bonus of some sort-- why don't we do a small profile page like on the last two pages of "Jump & Cry"?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Nothing too long. Probably just the birthday, blood type, location & some random description. What do you guys think? :D

15. Heiwa

Heiwa Kenkyuusei

^I'm agree ^^

16. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

The idea is really not badly. I like much.
    I would have liked to help you but I'm a little too much to occupy in this moment.

gambare guys ;)

17. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

I hate the way I look too. We can't help it :D

18. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Come on...it's not like we're searching for Mr. and Miss Universe here. Don't bother about whether you think you're good looking or bad looking or ugly or anything, we won't judge. It's for having fun, and one way to unite all members of S48. So your excuses are rejected. You have to take part in this project, Naomi. Period. :lol:

@albusdumb : but you will participate, right? RIGHT? You HAVE to, my kouhai. :twisted:

@Kang : ok, so for now we just copying the content of "Jump & Cry". It's okay, because the design and layout will be different anyway. So profile page is okay. :D
    Send those pics of yours (6 pics) in RAR. format so we don't have to download them one by one, and it's easier to download too. We'll be waiting. Just send them to this thread.

Come on guys!!! Make this successful!!! <3 <3 <3

19. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Sorry for doubleposting, but can we ask for admins to label this thread "Sticky"?

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^SOOOO! I want to be part of this project! :D I'll ask my cousin to take my pictures because she is awesome

(are we doing that profile AKB48 style, with the three sizes and all? XD That should be interesting for the guys...)