1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Re: THE STAGE48 post dump!

^
    ^ THAT'S AMAZING. Haha.

So today... I'M PURCHASING MY TICKET TO SEE SNOOKI AT MY CAMPUS. :hehe:

After classes today (4:30PM) I'll be on spring break! Classes start back up on the 14th. (My birthday is on the last day of spring break~) BUT GET THIS. All of my friends are leaving me save for one. ;A; My one friend is going to North Dakota, my other friend is going home to New Jersey & my other friend is going to Kansas. :< They'll all be back for my birthday but still. I'LL BE ON S48 ALL BREAK. xD

2. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Liceo Classico ^___^ it has less maths and science, and more literary/ancient languages+literature subjects, plus it's the only school where you can take Ancient Greek ♥. Other main subjects were Italian, Italian Literature, Latin, History, Philosophy and History of Art.

Yes, it is. One of the few things we can be proud about. Everything is virtually free, no need for insurance or that kind of expensive stuff. You have the right to be cured even if you're extremely poor and you have an illness that requires expensive care. The only downside is that waiting lists are very long for non-immediately dangerous things, but I can live with waiting two months for my routine heart check (I have a chronic heart illness) if I pay no more than twelve euros for it. XD

3. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

That sounds amazing. *________*
    I would've loved to do that. Super jealous.. and the healthcare is awesome too. Though I'm thankful I have an amazing medical plan with my employer, it's still isnt anywhere near cheap.

4. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

You are in the top of the list of people I envy.

5. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I agree with this. So jealous! That sounds so great.

6. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I'm happy you like my kind of school (I have fond memories of it and of all I've studied there ♥), but... aren't there literary-oriented schools in the US and in Chile?_?

7. katastr0phical1

:rofl: ^
    There's some nicer secondary schools in the big-big cities that are highly expensive.. unless you're willing to move and highly wealthy.. for the most part they make you fend for yourself 'til university level here. Especially if you're not in a good location, then even your university options aren't that great unless you can get a great scholarship and have it paid for. Nothing anywhere near as cool as what you had anywhere near where I grew up. I've moved quite far away from where I grew up, and I'm still 6 hours from a couple of cities I believe would have schools like what you're talking about.

8. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Second term ends and I finished and handed in all of my missed projects and assignments (even though most of them were rushed/half assed made) [whew] Goodbye hellish week of catching up for school. Hello Spring Break... well two more weeks.

9. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

^ Awesome! Congrats!! I'm on spring break now, as well! But I still have work to do over the break. I have to work on a German script, research three topics for an upcoming debate in my speech class, complete some German bookwork, & work on a Native American anthropology presentation. ;A; But I can manage it~ I'll be okay.

Well, one of my good friends went to a Waldorf school. A Waldorf education is a lot different then a regular public school here in the States. It teaches the students about "music, dance, and theater, writing, literature, legends and myths" (taken right from the website, haha) but the Waldorf school only went from kindergarten until 8th grade &, at least at my local Waldorf school, the classes were very, very small. My friend's class only at about 8 students. But I don't think Waldorf education is extremely popular & I can't think of any other schools (at least around me) that are literary-oriented.

10. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

Basically in America there's a few options.
    -Normal public school. Average, a little bit of study for everything, along with some room for choice.
    -Private schools. Usually more expensive, thought to offer a higher quality education.
    -Charter academies. Somewhere between a public and private school. It doesn't require extra payment outside of taxes, however, they form a charter and educate according to their charter.
    -Catholic schools. Like private, though they also have classes about religion and the like, usually.
    -Magnet schools. Usually to "attract" (hence the term magnet) people who have artistic talents, such as those who want to do musical theater later in life, or great dancers, writers, etc. And speaking of magnet schools, my friend just recently got accepted to Interlochen for their musical theater program! :D

11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Just got back from an awesome day trip down to the beach with my uni japan club, and a class of Japanese exchange students. Did I mention the class was almost entirely girls? :hehe: [hehe] [hehe] [hehe]

Fortunately it was a bit overcast for most of the day so I didn't get burnt alive (I'd get sunburn in a dark room if I was in there long enough...). It's been years since I've been to the ocean, the second I stepped into the surf and the smell and the sound hit me I felt like I was 12 years old. [hehe]

12. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Really, did you? :lol:

13. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship

No. But there is this similar thing:

The classic education (that's to say, the scientific-humanist one), separates the students two or three years before hey graduate into scientific ones and humanist ones. With this, scientific ones will have advanced mathematics and biology classes, while humanist ones will have advanced language (this implies literature, grammar, etc.) and history classes. All this courses are taken besides the mandatory ones: Mathematics, language, history, biology, physics, chemistry, English, music or plastic arts...

All this is because after graduating, if you want to enter university, you have to take an exam. If you don't get enough points, you simply won't be able to enter university and will have to wait during a year to take the exam again. The points you need will depend on the career you want and the university that teaches it.

14. ckd

ckd Kenkyuusei

damn internet is screwing up my computer at home while theirs work cleanly.

already had it out with 'her' this morning. so mad at 'her' still for the house thing. plus, still haven't told her i got laid off yet, cause if i do, i will NEVER be able to leave.

15. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I HAVE GOOD NEWS!

I... FOUND MY SLIPPER! You guys do not have to worry anymore, my slipper is safely on my foot.

It was in a box in the living room, by the way. I have no idea how it got there. My cat was inside of the box and I looked down and there it was. xD

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

^ Wow, that's really a suspicious cat... :lol:
    Well, from now on you won't need to go hopping all the time... ;)

17. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

CONGRATS NAOMI! [party] Haha. My cat has done that, too. I'll be taking a shower & (my cat follows me everywhere, even into the restroom) when I'm done, he'll be laying next to my slipper with his paws in it. Cats must love slippers, I guess.

18. rentford

rentford Kenkyuusei

Maybe cats are jealous of the fact that we can wear slippers and they can't.

19. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

[​IMG]

O_O idek

20. katastr0phical1

Disturbing image ^

Where is the rest of that cat!?