1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    This game looks legit fun

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Haha, yeah... getting into the weirder side of JDM TV. :^^;: Bananaman has been one of my fave 'old school' combis (came up in Downtown's dominance), and Himura is hilarious...

--

• Well the Acura is finished; can pick it up tomorrow. :approve: It's amazing how this particular car seems to take after the fact that 'Honda Motor Corporation' means just that -- with cars and motorcycles/powersports, they are an engine builder first, everything else second. There was literally nothing wrong with the engine, only what supported or surrounded it. Read an article that a later TL with a bigger version of this same engine family (J-series) racked up 500K mi... and still passed service limits on compression and leakdown (tests to see if the engine is worn out and needs to be rebuilt). Can't wait to see how it drives...
    • I am halfway thinking of keeping the Element closer to stock than my original plans. Why? Well, it has a lot to do with a recent incident on a side road going upcountry with it... typical of this island, very poorly-maintained roads once the major arteries are left behind... and when gaping holes do get patched, it's often with lazily dumped asphalt with no prep other than filling the hole, leaving a 'baked pie' in the road instead of a pothole. I didn't see it as it was nighttime... and hit the patch about 40 mph -- the jolt was enough to bottom the stock suspension and send a sickening, sharp 'BABOOM' through the cabin. Had I hit that with the wheels, suspension, and ride height I'd planned... it would've been thousands of dollars damage. :yikes:
    • Was just watching some old AKBingo! EPs with the OGMs + 4-7-ki and the brand new 9-ki KKS... *sigh*. Those were the days. Kitarie's grad announce hit me a bit harder than expected -- as a Nugget fan I wanted her and NGT to have another year together... but I suppose she'd had specific goals in mind probably even back in 2015... and when they were fulfilled, she already had the door propped open for her transition out. I do appreciate giving us the holidays and the winter to see her with her children, before closing yet another door on the past of AKB48... :wtf:

3. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

And people actually believe McGregor have a chance :^^;:

4. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  7. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

• So the Acura is... transformed. Into an Autobot sure... but also into a not-piece-of-junk anymore. :^^;: It handles and stops and turns like a real luxury sedan again... albeit, one from the first half of the Y2Ks. I know people here younger than that!
      One thing learned about cars that *feel* like junkers... is worn-out engine mounts. Most people think engines are bolted directly to the body, or on a block of rubber. Actually they look more like collars filled with a sling of rubber and a steel tube, where the bolt goes. Your engine is most likely being hung by its mounts, rather than mounted. So when they fail... your engine is hanging by the other mounts, which'll wear them out too... until your engine and transmission are just rattling around by their axles... bad, bad news. :yikes:

• Yeah, gonna keep the Element closer to stock. Wife suggested I drive down some trails where we plan to go, to see if I should stay hi-profile tires or performance ones... yup, prolly 50-series at most is as lo as I'll make the aspect ratio. Plenty of performance, and can go off-road without bending a rim. :fp:

• Wife is finally, FINALLY, over her 'cold'. :(:confused: It's been waaay too long to be a cold, so we took a trip to the doc for followup this AM. Turns out she does have a cold virus... but one quite virulent and recidivist, causing long-term chest symptoms (the hacking cough she kept getting over and over I had to resort to foam earplugs for). I actually thought holy sheet, does she have TB?? No, luckily. I love my wife and can't think of how I'd shamble my way through life without her... but getting four hrs sleep a night (and her about half that), while trying to continue our professional lives... was a challenge. :whistle::whistle:

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm surprised Japan let it go just like that...it's almost an act of war...

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Cuz Meowica gunna help them beat NK up instead

10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    it's already 2017 and most people still think that North Korea is a communist country....

11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Please enlighten me

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

North Korea is the best korea!!!!!

anyway..

just discover this new gem.. or old gem ? well, their stuff esp the old one is dope.

13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

On another nostalgia kick... came across a group whose songs played a huge part in my young, military life in Europe... as long ago as older than most of you, unfortunately for me. :^^;:

Two of my faves... then songs from a group I got into beginning of this year...

This band is best live... but I liked their informal, intimate gigs from the first half of the decade. Their sound is adventurous but the band is super-tight, Hiatus Kaiyote.
    'Laputa', 'Atari', and 'By Fire' are three songs from their most recent album = my favorites. ;)

14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Since the board accepts only 5 pieces of media per post... here is a medley of 3 of Hiatus' songs live, from an early gig in their career -- IMO, when they had their best sound... tight, intimate, and simple:

15. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I haven't played the Sims in forever, I had Sims: The complete Edition, all of Sims 2 with the story editions, Sims 3 is where I sort of started to fall out of the Sims love. I've recently reconnected with Sims 4, bought a couple of expansion packs, but it doesn't feel the same as when I had the very first sims, struggling to move to the clown area since it cost so much to move there and I wanted to immediately live there(I didn't know how to do cheats). I'm going to try and give Sims 4 another chance, build some lots(taking everyone else out), create some people and drama, and try to stress over my townies.

16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

• Acura is SOLD!!! Man, that was... shockingly fast. And the kid who bought it thought he was going to see some horrible POS once he got looking under the hood, lol. Look, I'm as much a cheapskate when it comes to certain things. But giving some stranger an unsafe car, as a former mechanic, to me begs for karma to have a blank check for double-tapping you in the nads. Was it a good deal? Well luckily this kid (seemed like a decent one, not some chav) had what I was asking for... and judging by the condition of the hard parts, he was more than willing to give it all to me, esp after the test drive. :approve:

• I think my plans for the Element are going to be more like the 'sporty' OEM version that debuted when the car was about to be discontinued -- lowered but not radically, with a good balance between crossover and OEM sports car. In the long run, spending the big bucks on parts that'll just get beat up if I run over a badly-stepped driveway ramp... not an option, as I'm not 16-yo with his first POS tacky lowrider. :rolleyes: Which means either cheaper or more expensive parts... cheaper, since they won't be hardcore racing parts... but also more $$$ as parts to fit my application may be rare or custom-build only. We'll see. Engine/drivetrain parts? THAT'S not nearly as restrictive as the chassis... so will be looking in some catalogs over the next month before the holidays eat up cash...

• My local Safeway supermarket is frustrating to shop in... they stock something I like, then the shelf is empty for three weeks. This is consistent with *all* of my favorite foods, both treats and staples. What's even more frustrating, is they have a computerized inventory system, that should automatically place an order, if the number of items in inventory is bought out. WTF... argh. :glare:

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

• Whoof... today I got to work on a client with a good lesson on being aware of pre-existing conditions...

Mid-60s, cancer patient. Was recently hospitalized for weeks with a complication stemming from it. Shoulder pain, difficulty lifting arm above shoulder.

I normally slam the door on clients with cancer -- my work is so deep (from the skin down to the fascial layer on bone) that it can easily accelerate metastases of active cancer bodies (can make the cancer spread and get worse). Not only that... but if they have a connective tissue issue, they need to clear with with their oncologist first... and oncologists being mainstream medical pracs, aren't going to whitelist a patient of theirs to go to a alternative practitioner, too much risk on their part. More than likely the pain they're feeling is due to the cancer anyway.

However... this client's type was less risky to work on, so we agreed that if I'm absolved of all responsibility, we can take a look.

Working deep-tissue bodywork on a client who's had a long-term, severe condition requiring hospitalization, makes clear that the body accumulates what I can only describe as mountains -- mountains -- of garbage in their tissues. The lymphatic system, which depends on movement to do its work of being the sewage system for the body's tissues... gets backed up like a real sewer, and the dehydrating environment of a hospital room (cold and dry) make this even worse, esp if the patient is on IV saline drip. This means all the stuff your cells normally excrete and expect to be carried away, stays closeby, like fifty bags of kitchen garbage piling up in your kitchen... and toxicity builds up. Eventually, like real garbage this accumulation poisons the interstitial environment, causing stiffness at least, severe pain and ischemia at worst.

Worked the client... and my worst fears (not spreading cancer, though luckily) were realized: their muscle and fascial tissues were so clogged with this rubbish, that they only sluggishly responded to my work. Found they had six (6!!!) ribs out of joint in the upper back, all of which were restricting lung volume (also one rib was out in front as well, so was just floating strapped by splinting muscle to the other ribs). Once properly seated, the client began to cough up huge amounts of phlegm -- a sign the ribs were properly fixed, since the lungs were now moving in places that were static before.

Another alarming sign of the client's toxicity... was working on the legs. The feet were grayish, pallid, and cool -- not great circulation... and the toenail beds only showed modest capillary refilling, another indicator. Removing painful knots from the calves and thighs called trigger points, allowed the feet to receive proper bloodflow in and out of them. Ankle bones were also out of place, and resetting them got them moving properly again, releasing more muscle splinting (and more garbage into the bloodstream and lymphatic system). Lemon water for two whole days to get the lot flushed out into the urine... left happy and able to both walk and wash their hair now. :approve:

It wasn't until about an hour after the appt... that I began to feel some of the risks of deep-tissue bodywork: clients containing large amounts of garbage in their tissues, will release large amounts of garbage in your space -- and much of it has a surprisingly toxic effect on bodyworkers. Some of my teacher's most toxic clients were former cancer patients who underwent chemo -- and the stuff that comes out of them into the air, right from either their breath (lungs have the max surface area to the bloodstream of any organ) or even through their skin... can close your throat up -- that's happened to me many times. But this client's toxicity caused lightheadedness -- so bad I had to stop at one point, as I felt I had vertigo (I'm not prone to vertigo). Also, my fingertips tingled -- that's a rare one, and whatever came out of this client, affects the nerves. Asking them afterward what they received in the hospital... they replied Dilaudid -- which I got for my own GI condition in hospital, years back. D is a powerful narcotic painkiller -- far superior to Vicodin and Percoset... and only given in cases of things like pancreatitis (pancreas digests itself), and kidney stones. It was this stuff that I feel was liberated from their shoulder and ribcage, once I got their lungs working again. Washed my hands and face... good lesson and reinforcement of the basics. :whistle:

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Best cover of 48 songs:

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It's my birthday today. Some years ago I used to believe it would be cool to be 48...now I don't find it so cool... [hehe]