1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Is based on religion actually. Rohingya are muslims. Bali is Hindu majority province. In this case I found that those so-called religious are actually assholes & hypocrite.

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It happens the same here...and we're mostly Christians. However, I agree with the second sentence.

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

My wife and I talk a lot in bed. Unless she has a deadline she has to grab zeds for, we do probably half our catching up at bedtime.

It's nice for each of us. Because we both have jobs that require strict awareness of rules, along with interpersonal, professional relationships where clients are not exactly thrilled to be in our offices... in bed we can kinda let our minds drift to the things we as a couple geek out on, or just provide a shoulder if need be. As with a ton of successful couples, we never fall asleep angry; corollary to which, this niche is our sacred couple space/time/spacetime.

She'd had a weird day at the office dealing with a gov't client. He was one of those kinds of bureaucrats knowing they should be there, but didn't really understand why, or what they want -- anyone who's manned a CS position knows exactly this sort of person. So the handholding and spelling out and educating wasn't at all unfamiliar to her... but the effort with those three things was unusually high today. My wife is a super-inclusive person, but also not a doormat... so in the politest terms appropriate, she told him to leave, and come back when he can fill out this questionnaire she'd composed ad hoc, outlining what amounted to a requirements request, i.e. come back when you get your shit together. Mr. Crat curtly thanked her, then left in a huff.

So end of story, I knew that episode bothered her, if she held it all day to bring it to bed. How does the administrator for a gov't entity with 3K employees under him, waltz into her office in a daze, sit there while she basically plays 20 questions to learn his job, make her guess at his requirements because he's so inept he doesn't know them himself, then become petulant when he's asked to give her specific information, so she can help him? It wasn't a situation shiny and new to me, plastic peel film still on it, for sure. So I gave her my opinion on why this person did that.

It's because, just as in the military... incompetence often gets promoted up. And tbh... because he's male.

With all the revelations about men in influential positions all over the world being outed as abusers... this was well-trodden ground in 2017. But when it happens to you at work, there's an add'l gravity to it. Mind you it wasn't as if he pinched her ass or anything... but the fact that he made her work that hard to know what he should've provided to her before even making the app't, is a particularly bald-faced example of the sort of entitlement men have enjoyed in positions of power for centuries. I've had the honor to work alongside and for, both men and women who took personal prerogative to insure their shit was cube-shaped, in all aspects, when submitting requests of other people's time and energy. The military is very good at teaching people how to function in a severe bureaucracy. People notice when you do work, to insure their work for you, is pleasant and smooth. This bumbling, proto-quasi-Trumpling, is so insecure in his abilities, that the only thing he will leverage against those who'd expose him, is his own sense of entitlement.

And it works. Obviously, otherwise people like that'd be rare, instead of every other man in the waiting room of the island's health clinics.

She came in close, put her head on my lap and looked up at me. Silently she asked, are men going to be like this much longer? I twirled her hair and smelled it. She's always had nice-smelling hair since I met her, even right after getting home from work.

I dunno, I said wistfully with my face. But I'll always be here, and I'll always be present for you.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Please look at tonight's night sky. There's supermoon, only one for this year. Tonight's moon is 30% bigger & 14% brighter.

5. karles48

This is why I believe some animals are more human than we are...

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  6. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Dogs ARE best people.

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    When dogs have more humanity than people

8. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Meanwhile a stray cat took a dump at my terrace...again.

9. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Meanwhile there're a lot of stray cats live in my terrace, I feed them with Whiskas. i don't need persin or siamese cats, those stray cats are my pets but I haven't took them to vet for anti rabies immunization.

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

We had a feral cat problem here, that was out of control for so many years, we may as well've just accepted that there'd be dogs barking at 2am forever. Luckily, none of my next-door neighbors had outside dogs... but I used to hear them occasionally from the cul-de-sac block diagonal to ours. :yikes:

My dad was old-school... growing up, he'd get a flashlight &nload up the .177 air rifle, and aim for the two glowing dots :shocku:, as our dog was driven crazy by them. I wasn't ever that 'country'... but I also hated the poop everywhere, the torn up screens, the paw prints on windshields and cat pee *everywhere*, esp'y if you forgot to roll your windows all the way up... :fp:

I think pest control has caught up to them finally, as I hear fewer and fewer incidents of cats in heat waking up entire neighborhoods, litters of kittens under houses or fleas and ticks being spread. Then again there are feral chickens now, and more homeless than ever to pester living in the scrubs... so less reason to risk cars and poison and traps venturing into civilization? Not gonna complain...

Now, if we can figure out some way to keep other states from shipping their homeless and criminals here... that'd be peachy. :hmm:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  11. karles48

Be careful. Stray cats may bring fleas, too. They aren't as dangerous as rabies, but they can be very annoying...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Some pics.

1. Me as an astronomy fan & a weeb. DQWWFboVoAAF9Ib.jpg
    2. I like to type some artists on this site but..... DQcXYBxVAAEouED (1).jpg

13. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Some recent thoughts:
    • The Koenigsegg Agera RS hit 284 mph down Rte 160 in Nevada last month. It's news this month as the FIA just certified their top speed and two-way average (277 mph). Just for lulz... 284 mph = 417 ft/sec. .45 ACP bullet @230 gr fm Colt M1911A1 pistol = 830 ft/sec.
      Street-legal in US, on tires you can buy off the rack... the car goes just over half as fast as the bullet. :shocku:
    • I have a fetish for cute things with a subtle (or not) dose of badass to them -- or badass things shrunk to cute, SD-like proportions. :^^;:
      Witness one of my favorite and coveted JDM-market cars, the '86 Honda City Turbo II (nicknamed Bulldog, because well, just look at it). First heard of these minicars via a rather unique source -- Fujishima Kousuke's 'Taiho Shichauzo' manga & anime -- Kobayakawa Miyuki's hybrid AWD Today with the drivetrain and Motocompo scooter from the Turbo II, really stoked gearhead Me in the '90s while owning the first of my 3 Yamahas. To this day, cars like the Hayabusa Mini & aforementioned Turbo II, pistols like the H&K P30SK & Glock G27G4, and idols like Naachan, Mion, Rara, Nao, & Katomina, who are cute (some even physically chibi) but have an arsenal of talents and/or exp at the ready. :blush:
    • The funniest tweet I read today: (Masterpiece Cakeshop vs. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, a Supreme Court case of another baker using religious freedom to support anti-LGBT discrimination) 'Every cake is gay and that's why I love cake' :lol:

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Indonesia is the first Asian country where Star Wars: The Last Jedi released.

Premier: 12/12 (very limited ticket)
    Public release: 12/13

Just got the ticket for the first show of first day release guys! Actually my friend wins ticket for the premier. ._.

15. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Actually there's a Star Wars thingy that can be applied to idol fandom but I won't discuss it before everyone watching The Last Jedi because it contains spoiler.

17. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I finished my first day of finals week(AP Lang and AP Calc AB)

The rest is just Japanese, AP Art(Mesoamerica test), Drama(no test), and AP US History. The hardest part is over and now I can finally get on social media and get super updated on idols again after a slow pause from it last week

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Almost through eh. I also only got Greek and Hebrew finals left. And then freedom!!...jk theres more translation to be done

19. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

• The Element is running like a top. Which is fortunate, as there aren't going to be anymore significant mods to it for at least a year, since we're saving for an even bigger trip (since Hiroshima is at last check definitely on the itinerary now). It's even getting decent mpg, 24 overall, not bad for a 10-yo 2.4L four-cylinder designed in the '90s. I'd looove to have the lairy-er '06 - '08 TSX K24A2 materialize out of thin air in our driveway, as not only does it match our intended mission better, but actually gets higher mpg despite making >40 more bhp than the 160 bhp stocker (EPA 22 vs 20 mpg combined). The AWD kills its fuel economy, but we're keeping it...

• Wife looooves her new Civic. Already wants to throw parts at it... but also (like me) wants to spend the summer sampling macarons, exquisite coffee, and Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki (well she can, anyway), zooming, strolling, and LOLing, around that beautiful city*. So it's staying stock too. Doesn't look like the BendPak fancylift is going to get much use other than oil changes for a while...

• Child molester Roy Moore narrowly got beat in the AL Senate race by his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones. I normally hoot and holler at any Repugnant-can losing a crucial race to just about anyone... but this means a bit under half the state actually wanted him in, despite being a child molester, then caught in lie after lie about it, and even boasting he could win despite it. Sound familiar? Happened in 2016 in a crucial race, too... except we all lost. Thank you Birmingham and the female Dem vote... but your state is still a dumpster fire half-full of ignorant petulants who're stopped in the eleventh hour from sending this evil, willfully-ignorant hayseed to D.C., to pass federal laws for the entire country. Can't rejoice about that for some reason...

* Hiroshima is decidedly the locale for the 'stratotree' arborcology in my short story; so a footnote for this upcoming trip is to get inspiration from the city, things you can't get from a guidebook or even secondhand.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  20. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Officially done and managed to pass all my classes(unless something just pops up in English and Math then I'm screwed)

Can't wait to see all the videos(12th anniversary, theater performances, showrooms, etc)