1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    At the Tokyo Auto Show, @stormy might be the only one to actually look at the cars.

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Besides the wife probably jik choi-ing me in the ribs if I did :XD:... I can get that kind of nanpa any day of the week in Akiba lol -- why go to the Salon for girls?

TAS has the best of Japanese engineering weird and wonderful unobtanium... reminding us of all the JDM-only treasure they bogart for themselves. Booth girls? Meh :lol:

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Have been a green cruciferous veg lover (broccoli, cabbage, bok choi, collard/turnip/mustard greens (in mil), watercress, daikon) -- to my parents' amusement -- since a little kid... and still crave it fornightly. As an aspie... now I understand more why:

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    RIP Dolores O'Riordan.

Having a band with female vocalist is one of my dreams.

5. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  6. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    The other day i cleaned my pcs. I used a cheap brush that came with my beard trimmer to remove the dust off the motherboard and the memory, i also replaced the thermal paste cleaning the cpus and the heat sinks with rubbing alcohol and toilet paper. I just read that all that could damage/kill motherboards and cpus, i guess i was lucky cuz now my pc is working better than ever [hehe]

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It has been very sad news,indeed. RIP

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Wiro Sableng

This movie is based on popular 90s action TV series in Indonesia. This is first movie from a Southeast Asia country to be produced by 20th Century Fox.

Will it be as successful as The Raid, the most successful Indonesian movie in history?

Current trend for movie makers in Indonesia is to remake popular movies or TV shows of 90s or earlier. There's also a movie based on popular 90s TV drama that features a JKT48 member as a one of main characters and some other JKT48 members as supporting characters.

9. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Editing 271 members' pages in the wiki in one sitting is...ugh

More or less 200 pages more to go

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Tonight I'm gonna attend the concert of The xx, an English indie band.

I've been aspiring to watch them for a long time, one of my dreams comes true. ^^
    Musics this band plays are indie pop, dream pop, & electronic. The band features both of female vocalist who also plays guitar & male vocalist who also plays bass. Actually there's no drummer in the band, there's a DJ instead who is also the band's producer but sometimes he plays small drum like on this song:

Recently The xx got nominated for the best British group of 2018 Brit Awards.

11. Suii

Suii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    So I've started to watch 'The Expanse'. ( I'm at episode 6 now.)

Firstly... James Holden annoys me so much and I don't even know why. lol.

Well, the plot seems pretty interesting. It reminds me a lot of the cold war somehow. Can't wait to watch more. Thank you again for the recommendations ! :worthy:

12. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ First season... it'll get better trust me -- esp as regards Holden. Just wait... :hehe:

13. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Tonight was dope! I'm very happy because finally I watched one of my favorite bands live.

It was the first time I saw LGBT persons directly. The xx has 2 vocalists, the female one is a lesbian, & the male one is gay. But if I watched Sigur Rós in 2013, I could see a gay who is the band vocalist. I didn't attend the concert because I couldn't afford the ticket, I was in first year of college at that time. ;_; So I put Sigur Rós in my wishlist to the promoter of this concert.

There were at least 2 JKT48 members watching the concert too. They have great taste of music. ^^

Um, now I'm about to persuade the promoter to bring AKB48 to Indonesia. It's the best music promoter in Indonesia actually. www

14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Been thinking lately about folk wisdom... wisdom from people whom you respect for various reasons, but their style of dispensing it is rather non-academic, to put it diplomatically :^^;: I tend to remember quips put in terms similar to when I was in the military: no-bullshit, to-the-point tips, often infused with a nice dose of gallows humor...

A small selection:

"Bad roads bring good people. Good roads bring bad people." -- a mantra I've seen clearly in every career path, relationship, contingency, and group dynamic... bar none

"Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong." -- an IT buddy of mine working towards his paralegal certs said this many times

"Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire. Don't draw fire, it irritates those around you. Don't irritate those around you, it makes you look conspicuous." -- training in bivouac and force-on-force engagement at Fort Jackson, SC

"If it's stupid but it works... it ain't stupid, Private..." -- my Chinese drill sergeant, SSG Nimnuan, to Me, the only East Asian recruit in the whole company

"The purpose of war isn't to die for your country. The purpose of war is to insure the other guy dies for his country." -- my boss at work in D.C., an O-5 LTC (lieutenant colonel)

"Tracers work both ways." -- night firing in full MOPP, Ft. Jackson

"Before you ask why a person hates you, ask yourself why you give a fuck." -- my buddy at work for AMEX in Phoenix, who was a former gang member gone straight edge

"Stop expecting loyalty from those who can't even give you honesty." -- my boss when I worked in security mgmt in Phx

"Don't trust words. Question all actions. But ALWAYS trust patterns." -- same boss as above

"You can't fix yourself by breaking someone else." -- my wife, as my friend before we became romantically involved

"You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by your anger." -- Shakyamuni Buddha, as told by Thich Nhat Hanh

If you're ever in need of very clear, concise, wisdom about how to look at life... pick up Thich Nhat Hanh's 'Anger'. Amazing book...

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Ursula K. Le Guin died a few days ago. R.I.P.

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE is back and I’m a happy gay.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

19. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    So I made a test page for the upcoming MNL Candidates later, and I gotta say that it feels weird to see a Filipino named page in the wiki

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Civvie-version comparison of what could've been the new US military issue sidearm - Glock G19X - vs. the old sidearm standard for decades, the Beretta M9A3:

Since polymer-framed, striker-fired pistols now rule the roost in most top military and police forces globally... an anachronism like the DA/SA hammer-fired M9 going the way of the dodo, was bound to happen. IME Beretta makes amazingly high-quality weapons... but like the Italian stereotype, ergonomics have never been a strong point in their designs. The most glaring one here, is the safety/decocker for the hammer. As in the video, on this M9A3 there isn't a return spring, so to get your DA trigger back you need to manually push the lever up, through its awkward ergonomics, under duress -- a problem of such concern that Beretta offers a G model which gets the return spring, but you have no safety if you carry with with one in the chamber.

IME with the M9, slide design is also an issue. Cutting out a wide swath of the slide so its ejection port doesn't interfere with case ejection, improves reliability theoretically... but in the 92FS/M9, esp in the current TO (theatre of operations)... it lets in grit and contamination far more so than conventional ejection ports, and especially a design like current Glocks -- which are some of the most reliable pistols of any design, ever made.

The pistols here are civvie versions of the M9 and Glock's submission to the XM17 Modular Handgun System trials, held from Feb 2016 to January 2017, of which the brilliant (and waaaaaaay cheaper than Glock's bid with a half-hearted design in comparison) SIG Sauer P320, won handily. Navy SEAL teams still use the P226/P228 which is endorsement QED... and making the entire frame a modular, reconfigurable piece in concert with the spirit of the MHS competition, SIG deserved to win. Too bad their initial P320 civvie versions were prone to drop-firing... and SIG's arrogant and petulant response to the issue, soured me for the weapon. Never, ever forget your fans...

I have to laugh realizing Glock considered submitting this G19X to the MHS, with a straight face... then ask $100 million more of the US military over SIG, to buy it. It's a FDE, Gen-5 Glock 17 grip, with a compact 19 slide... Pic rail, lanyard hole, and a manual safety (not offered on any generation of civvie Glocks). That's it. GTFOH :lol: It's change in performance over either a 17 or 19, makes me realize the trials don't suffer fools -- why on earth would you place a compact barrel on a higher-capacity, heavier grip? It changes the moment of inertia of the entire weapon AND you get a shorter, less-accurate barrel. Staggering... no wonder Glock decided to sell this design to the Glock flock (who'd buy anything with Glock on it)... so as not to lose money on the tooling, perhaps.

The M9A3 at least, incorporates some modern features not present on existing M9s -- like a Pic rail, threaded barrel, superior FDE frame and slide treatment, and a 1911-like straight-backed grip that sootch in the video claims makes the M9A3 over a 92SF or M9. And it's just as accurate and controllable as it's always been.

Not that I'd ever spend that much cash, even for the boutique Italian quality and finish -- ~$1200 (G model)?? Hell no... I can get a very nice AR15/M4-based carbine for that much... or nearly two H&K VP9s... to which the M9A3 is certainly an inferior weapon overall. Almost three CZ P10Cs... if you can find one. But that's also a striker-fired, lighter, super-reliable, better-ergos-than-Glock Glock-killer on value for money.

Since I can't spend anything on idols (not that I really want to -- it's an expensive hobby with zero practical benefits)... we've talked it over and I may be getting a VP9 to join my lady at the range, yay. Since it's been so long since my H&K USP graced my safe (and it's a different state I live in now)... mandatory safety/regs course is welcome. We'll see how much cash is left after the summer's trip. :approve: