1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

The new Japanese Era will be called "Reiwa". Just announced.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ 令和

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Ah, so that's why my Twitter timeline today contains a number of tweets with this image:

D3ChRyuUYAArGDi.jpg

Will anything particular happen in Japan at midnight at the start of the new era? I'm just curious to know as I'll be in the country for Golden Week.

EDIT: From Reuters:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-takes-name-from-ancient-poetry-idUSKCN1RD13X

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Ichiro turns down prestigious award, again.

"International baseball star Ichiro Suzuki turned down the prestigious People's Honor Award, Japan's top government spokesman said Friday.

Suzuki, who retired from professional baseball last month, instructed his agent to notify the government of his intention to decline the award, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga said at a press briefing in Tokyo.

The 45-year-old former major leaguer said he wishes to "devote himself so he can receive it when he draws the curtain on his life," according to Suga.

"We will respect his thoughts and we will not go forward with (offering him the award) following his retirement," the top government spokesman said. "He is a superstar who has given many people dreams and hopes, and I look forward to his future endeavors, together with the Japanese people."

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...n-japans-prestigious-peoples-honor-award.html

Added: I am not the only one who gets in trouble using Google translate, so do official agencies in Japan.

Odd translations found on English websites for tourists in Japan

"Forgotten Center" instead of "Lost and Found" is just one of the mistranslations discovered on websites that may puzzle foreign tourists in Japan, the government said Wednesday, urging the operators to fix such problems as soon as possible.

With the country readying itself for an influx of more foreign visitors ahead of next year's Olympics, the Japan Tourism Agency conducted a survey between February and March, looking through a total of 85 websites by train and bus operators as well as transportation signs in towns.

Peculiar English words were found on some websites where direct machine translations were used, with problematic examples such as "dwarf" used for children and "release place" for ticket machines.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/...n-english-websites-for-tourists-in-japan.html

I am back: too much good stuff. An article in the NY Times about the extended Golden Week this year, dubbed Platinum Week.

"An unprecedented 10-day holiday period offers visitors a once-in-a-generation travel opportunity."

With a new emperor set to ascend to the throne this year on May 1, however, the celebration will be extended to an unprecedented 10-day holiday period, known unofficially as Platinum Week.

While residents can look forward to a longer, uninterrupted stretch away from work, Platinum Week offers visitors a unique travel experience during a once-in-a-generation moment in Japan’s history.

According to Japanese law, a normal weekday sandwiched between two national holidays becomes a holiday itself. Thus, the creation of a one-time holiday this year on May 1 to mark Prince Naruhito’s accession to the Chrysanthemum Throne automatically creates two national holidays on April 30 and May 2. With the Children’s Day holiday falling on a Sunday, to be observed the next day, 2019’s Golden Week stretches uninterrupted from April 27 to May 6.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/30/travel/celebrating-platinum-week-in-japan.html

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  5. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    At 4/10, 1 PM UTC ESO will point its telescope to Sagittarius A*, a supermassive blackhole that is the center of Milky Way Galaxy where we live in, it'd be broadcasted by their Youtube channel. It'd take some images of Sagittarius A* event horizon and it'd be the first time in history of humanity that we're the first generation who sees how the event horizon of a blackhole actually looks like. Next Wednesday is a historic day.

6. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    IMG_20190410_200954.jpg

Don't you think this is some random thing, this is one of the greatest achievement by mankind.

Actually not Saguttarius A* but a supermassive black hole that is the center of M87, a galaxy in constellation Virgo, 54 million light years from earth & the black hole is 6.5 billion more massive than our sun.

Famous lawyer Hotman Paris Hutapea noticed this and mentioned it & Audrey on his own TV show. Currently he's looking for contact to her family to give her legal aid for free. The culprits have nothing to defend themselves now.

This case can be impactful and people may beg legislatives to revise a lot of laws such as bill against sexual assaults & child protections.

Well, if only Japan had a lawyer like Mr. Hutapea then NGT48 would've been done.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

8. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Oh no!

TOKYO (Reuters) - Amazon.com Inc’s Japanese unit raised the membership fee for its Prime service by 26 percent on Friday, the first such hike since it was launched in the country 11 years ago.

The new annual Prime membership fee is 4,900 yen ($43.86) versus 3,900 yen previously, Amazon said in a statement.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-fee-for-first-time-in-11-years-idUSKCN1RO06D

If only it were that cheap in the US.

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Prime is 79 GBP annually here in the UK which is about 100 USD. :(

On the subject of Amazon, a couple of weeks ago my account got hacked - I firstly got a password change request notification from Amazon India which I assumed was a phishing attempt so I ignored it, but I then discovered that my account had a Russian email address and I was locked out. I immediately cancelled the credit card I had on the account and then I notified Amazon who restored it the next day with no damage done. I've subsequently discovered that some other Amazon customers in the UK have had the same thing happening to them recently so maybe it's Russian hackers colluding with Amazon staff in India?

ANYWAY - the important thing I want to recommend is to get set up with Google Authenticator which I've now done. It's a phone app which generates 6-digit codes exclusive to you which you can use if you forget your password for your account in a range of services - apart from Amazon I've set myself up to use it with PayPal, Hotmail and Google Services (which includes YouTube). However one service which isn't yet available to use with it is eBay.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Why did they released a photo of a black hole in a galaxy approx 55 million light years away while there're many closer? Because most of them are either too bight or too dim which the astronomers working for it considered M87 is the best option.

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I may sound a bit simple, but I doubt all that thing about the black hole will help the human race...at least in the next decades. I understand it's an amazing discovery for the people whose job is related to it (or those who love the topic), but for the rest it's something too alien to be too thrilled about it.

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Well, 4 years ago when the Gravitational Wave was detected by LIGO, not many hypes it got tho it proven Einstein's theory.

Even, in England circa 17 century, nobody cared when an apple falling from its tree but a young adult man named Isaac Newton later it was one of the greatest moment in science.

Some futurist such as Kaku Michio (note: he's a Japanese but nationality is American) hypothesized that some very advanced civilization can use black holes as fuel for spacecrafts which current science hasn't proven if what he considered makes senses or note.

What's a black hole actually is still unknown. Einstein & Hawking had the most accurate theories so far.

There was a rumor that CERN could make micro black hole in their lab but they confirmed it was a hoax.

A theory said that a mysterious explosion in Tunguska, Eastern Russia in 19th century was caused by a black hole entering earth.

Also there's white hole that simply a hypothetical opposite of black hole. If a black hole sucks everything then a white hole vomits it. But it hadn't been discovered, not even its mathematical model has been determined and it got a nickname; "The Unicorn of The Universe".

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Star Wars (Episode 9): The Rise of Skywalker Teaser Trailer

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  14. qpet

qpet Future Girls

I wish I could be excited about it:|

15. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    you aren't excited because you read the spoilers in Nagi's topic? rui.png

16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Indonesian idol fandom in a nutshell:

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Reminder: Coachella live is streaming now.

https://www.youtube.com/user/coachella

Click on Schedule to see what is coming up on each channel. For example, BLACKPINK was scheduled for 8:00 PDT, but it seems they are running a little late and are now scheduled to come on in a little over 3 hours. You can set up notifications.

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 5.14.40 PM.png

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. qpet

qpet Future Girls

It's Nagi's fault:D

19. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I've just ended watching the last episode of the 7th season of Game of thrones...that's what I call 'on time'... ;)

20. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

welcome to winter

all the good shows are ending this year