1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'd already written off any chance of a trip to Japan for the foreseeable future thanks to that country's Covid restrictions but now another spanner has been thrown into the works with the closure of Russian airspace - instead of flying over Siberia, yesterday's JAL flight from London Heathrow to Tokyo Haneda was routed across the far north of Canada and took 16 hours instead of the usual 11.5:

Screenshot 2022-03-06 at 09.43.38.jpg

(Source: Flightaware)

Today's flight is going the same way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    From the scandal of new Nogi center

I realized that rental girlfriend is a real thing

images (1).jpeg

3. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

It’s actually not too bad… I suggest, don’t knock it till you try it. :^^;:

4. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    that's a weird list, Belgium, Germany and the UK on the list, but the Netherlands isn't?
    KLM still seems to fly on Narita (well, via Paris, so it's really an Air France flight)

btw ... I once flew to Shanghai via Paris, which was the silliest thing ever .... as the first leg from Paris ... took us right back over Amsterdam :/

6. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    It was actually thanks to KLM that I discovered Japan. During the summer of 2014 they had a flash 4-day sale of cheap fares from London to Narita via Amsterdam (I think it was 399 GBP return, just over half the cost of British Airways) so I decided it was high time I ticked Tokyo off my bucket list. Tickets were only available for outward travel from October 2014 to March 2015 and for me the only time I could go was in late March, but at least I could go then and I booked flights.

On arrival I took the Narita Express to Shibuya where my hotel was and as soon I left the station I fell instantly in love with the city. I spent the next few days exploring and it seemed that every time I turned a corner I would hear coming from loudspeakers a group singing about a Green Flash, indeed it became the soundtrack of my visit, and the rest, as they say, is history. (and on the night I arrived the AKB48 Spring Concert was taking place at SSA, and even though I had no idea about it and I wouldn't have known any of the songs I still kick myself that I didn't go!)

(BTW on the return KLM moved the flight forward by a few hours but they wouldn't rebook the second leg to London, however on arrival at Schipol I managed to argue a transfer to an earlier flight instead of hanging around the airport for the whole afternoon.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    if you had a few hours to spare you could have taken the train to Amsterdam central and take a stroll down the centre ;)

I'll sound like a weeb, but I just love Tokyo, I really wish I would be able to go back there ... I want to walk around Akihabara and Ueno again :/

I yesterday saw a video of a guy that travelled by ricksha from Asakusa to Akihabara .... funny thing was the girl pulling the ricksha had never been to Akihabara and wasn't sure about the route .... I was thinking "left, you go left here, then right towards Ueno station" :)

and again I noticed how relatively few cars you see

8. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
  9. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

Rest In Peace.

[​IMG]

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Watching Document 72 Hours. Girl says she has two jobs because she goes to idol events and spends $2,600 US a month.

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    To be honest I'm doubtful if idols are really popular

I'm a regular Spotify user and I always find out what's popular in Japan, I barely saw any idol group

12. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about effect of Russian invasion of Ukraine on energy prices in Japan.

"The world’s third-largest economy has counted on imported liquefied natural gas as it shuts coal-fired plants and keeps nuclear sites closed. But Russia’s invasion has pushed prices sharply higher.

In 2018, when the power company Hope Energy entered Japan’s new retail electricity market, it thought it had a surefire strategy. Wholesale energy was becoming ever cheaper as liquefied natural gas flooded global markets. Hope Energy would sell competitively priced electricity contracts to local governments and public facilities, undercutting Japan’s old-line power companies, which had long prioritized stable supplies over cost.

But then came the pandemic and the Ukraine war, which caused L.N.G. prices to soar. Hope Energy could not honor its price pledges, and it, along with more than 30 other electricity retailers in Japan, went out of business. Customers scrambled for new providers.

Now, the world’s third-largest economy is again confronting the fragility of its energy system. That has forced a reconsideration of how the resource-poor country can maintain a reliable and affordable power supply in an era of growing geopolitical uncertainty, reflected most immediately in rising calls for a boycott on Russian energy.

Japan is the world’s second-largest importer of liquefied natural gas after China, which took the lead last year. Even before the Fukushima disaster, L.N.G. generated around 24 percent of the country’s electricity, a share that had grown as the country took coal power offline."

After the meltdown, usage skyrocketed, and today over one-third of Japan’s power comes from the fuel. In 2020, Japan purchased more than 74 million tons of L.N.G., over one-fifth of the global supply.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/27/business/japan-energy-ukraine-war.html

13. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    https://news.yahoo.co.jp/byline/arakawakazuhisa/20220421-00292407

the article ranks male otaku by interest, income, age, and (un)marriage rate.

at top of the chart are auto and sports otaku (jocks) earning over 3 mil yen a year and finding marriage partner at higher rate than other nerds (though still lower than average) 2nd are idol otaku with highest earners in their 50s supporting the 200 billion yen idol industry. younger idol nerds earn less and have higher unmarried rates, or as the article suggests drop their oshimen when they marry (quiters). at the bottom of the list are Manga and cosplay nerds that don't make any money and do not seek and would never be approached by a 3d woman lol. Still, there is certain honor in that.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  15. tezikaki

tezikaki Upcoming Girls

48G idols with abs and muscles or leaning towards the muscular side is a Big NO for me. It may be ok or good for some fans or people, but NOT for me.

It's like losing your feminine and idol side in my opinion.

Idols can be healthy and fit, have a regular exercise routine without getting slightly or a bit muscular.

Now if the career or job is an athlete, martial arts or fitness instructor, that is of course a different situation.

Akimoto Sayaka seems to be an exception with her hāfu genes and that really helped with her physique. She is just born with it.

There is also stoic Sayanee.. and then Tano Yuka who perhaps followed Sayaka's footsteps and that is the end of it.

Everyone else aside from these three members as far as I know seemed to went on a phase, did a challenge or joined a fitness contest after being a member.

Again, this is just my preference and opinion as a 48G fan.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    FB_IMG_1651990223553.jpg

Is this the first time Anan has an anime character as the cover?.

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about Kyoto going broke.

"The glorious ancient monuments, Zen temples and soaring pagodas of Kyoto have made it a major tourist draw for a century. The Japanese city's population is only about 1.5 million, yet it boasts 17 individual UNESCO World Heritage Sites. But Kyoto's treasure trove of priceless artifacts belie a painful reality: Japan's magnificent imperial capital city is running on empty.

Without steep cuts in public services, it was forecast that the city will fall $2 billion into debt, with all reserve funds exhausted, within just five years.

Japan's continuing ban on tourists amid the coronavirus pandemic has hit Kyoto especially hard. The city drew a whopping 88 million visitors in 2019 alone, but tourism has now dwindled to a trickle of mostly-domestic visitors. Japan's overall inbound tourism plunged to about 250,000 people last year, the lowest since record-keeping began in 1964.

"The core of municipal revenue is local and property taxes," he said, noting that on both counts, Kyoto comes up short. In part because of its numerous universities and 150,000-strong student population, only 43% of residents pay local tax.

The city is also blanketed with a remarkable 2,000 Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines, all of which have militantly fended off any attempts at even modifying their tax-exempt status.

Barring divine intervention, the first round of cuts may not be enough to save Kyoto from bankruptcy, and having its finances taken over by the national government.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/japan-kyoto-tourism-city-faces-bankruptcy/

• Like Like x 1
  18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    imrs.jpeg

After closing to foreign tourists for more than two years, Japan will allow a wide range of leisure travelers back in next month — with conditions.

Prime Minister Fumio Kishida announced Thursday that starting June 10, the nation will welcome visitors on guided package tours, which include transportation and accommodations. Tourists from 98 countries with low coronavirus infection rates will be permitted; the United States is in that group.

Visitors from the low-risk countries will not have to show proof of vaccination and will not need to isolate or test on arrival regardless of their vaccination status. According to a checklist published by Japan’s National Tourism Organization, travelers must show proof of a negative test within 72 hours of departure for the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2022/05/27/japan-tourism-allow-june-tours/

19. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    PicsArt_06-02-08.00.28.jpg

JKT48 is brave enough to celebrate the Pride Month in Indonesia where many people are conservative

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Just watched episode 1 and its good enough more to seriously consider restarting my crunchyroll premium account. SPY x Family is the source of the ubiquitous "anya peanuts ga suki" soundbite

In other news: Atarashii Gakko will headline Crunchyroll Expo on Aug 5-7 in San Jose, CA

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022