1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

-----

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by rka, Mar 14, 2015.

?

What is your favourity chocolate bar?

Poll closed Mar 28, 2015.
  1. Yukirin

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Sasshi

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Mayuyu

7 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Sayanee

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  5. Jurina

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  6. Sakura

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Paruru

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Rena

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  9. Someone else

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yep, I think Mayuyu would move into the Top spot. I think her momentum so far this month has moved up higher (with her joining twitter and her being cast in a drama) helped.

I'd put Yukirin and Sayanee in a tie for 2nd. The Momentum is still strong for Yukirin and the Yukirin oshis are going to be fired up until voting ends for the Sousenkyo. Sayanee's 2nd Photobook is still selling strong and of course HS results (selling out with NMB HS and close to selling out in AKB HS). All this and she hasn't centered an NMB48 single in a year (I know she centered Ibiza Girl, but that was off of the album)

The Rest I'd Ranked
    4th: Sasshi
    5th: Sakura
    6th: Jurina
    7th: Rena
    8th: Paruru
    9th: Kojiharu
    10th: Takamina

Figured I'd go with a Top 10 lol. I know these things will be ALOT different once Souenskyo (Since Predictions don't mean anything after the last two Souenskyo). But I do love doing a monthly idol power ranking (The Stage48 Idol Power Ranking lol).

3. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Hmmm... I still don't get the sense that Sasshi has been doing anything significant of late which would make her worthy of being a winner. It really seems like she hasn't been doing much lately and has kind of slipped under the radar.

Yukirin is still going strong though, she looks great in all the Don't Look Back stuff. NMB sure knows how to edge up their girls.

4. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Are you serious? :confused: She literally breaks down from overwork.

5. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^To be fair, only you would know that because you're a sasshi fan, no? The rest of us outside the sasshi-dom can't see the same hype sasshi had during 2013 - summer 2014. Actually, I would say that the sasshi hype kinda died after Mayu won last year, because since then the amount of Sasshi activities that I've been seeing has decreased rapidly.

6. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@minaeshi
    I kind of get where you're coming from and see why you think like that, but you're thinking is wrong. you're taking into account only the post-2013 Elections hype, not the actual work. and hype is... just hype, nothing substantial. hype comes and goes, and only results of actual work remain. it doesn't apply only to Sasshi. try to analyze the activity of other members and separate the actual work and results from the information noise. well, could be hard, if you follow and see the activity only of those you like :/
    that being said, if you'd actually followed Sasshi's activities, you'd know that her work load has always been extremely high. actually it may have reached it's absolute peak exactly right now, not last or any other year, as I don't remember her being on the verge of collapsing because of work load earlier. but yeah, you may not see any of it, if you don't follow her or even HKT, but, if you think about it, the same could be applied to any other member as well. majority of fans see work of only their favorites, for the rest of members they see only hype and information noise, which doesn't represent the actual input in group or personal success.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I should have worded my post differently, by Hype I meant the amount of news I see being posted about sasshi's activities. Since the 2014 elections, the amount of announcements I've seen regarding sasshi's news has decreased (before that time, I would see news about her almost weekly, now I only see news about her once in a while). I admit, I'm a fan of sasshi but I don't follow her like you and her fans obviously do, and I don't seek out news of her latest activities, so I wouldn't know whether she is doing anything relevant unless it's in the main threads and not just her own. What I'm saying is that, when you look at it from the view of a dedicated sasshi fan like yourself, you would know she has many events and actitives, but if you look at the picture from the angle of fans like me, or casual fans of akb, we see that there isn't as much talk about sasshi as there used to be.

Apologies if im not making too much sense and have spelling mistakes, I've got the flu [hehe]

8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@minaeshi
    yep, I understand, that's what we're talking about)) her unexpected win in SSK-2013 and following success and countless promotions of KFC were sure big and loud and were widely highlighted in main AKB topics (because those were AKB events, obviously), that's why, when that hype is gone, it sure seems like she does almost nothing in AKB, especially on the contrast. it's like silence after explosion))

but yeah, it's only from AKB-centric casual perspective. I'd say, a tip of an iceberg. she still does a lot of the same AKB-related stuff she always did like hosting shows, MCing at concerts and PR events, performing at shows and concerts, etc. but of course it's not so flashy, as it was back when she was the center, so it goes unnoticed. in addition to that, lots of her main activities are now in HKT and in personal projects. but no matter how big and important they are, they are not highlighted at all in main forums. well, at least not here, she still is a hot topic in Japanese Internets. it's funny how even her bestseller book wasn't mentioned with even one word on S48 outside her personal topic)) so yeah, so much for all this job and news criteria...

honestly, I don't get this poll at all (it's more a question to @rka, not to you @minaeshi). what's the point of those regular popularity ranking? aren't they basically the same? I doubt anyone actually votes based on the real facts and calculations of members' popularity, news exposure, job count or whatever for a month period. it's the same old oshimen poll. we already have a yearly one. I think the only fluctuations in the results of this monthly poll will be due to irregularity of the number of voters, not their mind change.

9. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Sasshi is the underdog, even though she rarely get a spotlight/hype but many fans still loyal to her.

10. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I was serious. Well you made two huge post but you've yet to mention anyting that Sasshi has done so :confused: I'm curious.

Anyway, the difference is that this post is about current affairs. More based on actual popularity and the swing votes rather than the wotas that save up just to vote for their girls annually.

11. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

A typical Sashihara week.

3/14: National Tour in Osaka, HKT48 no Goboten (Sasshi's Udon) corner
    3/13: Music Station
    3/11: Ishinomaki Live, AKB Shirabe, HKT48 no Odekake
    3/10: Sashi Gouhan
    3/09: Utage, HKT48 Hyakkaten 3, "Ashita e" Concert
    3/08: Music Japan
    3/07: CDTV Live, AKB48 Show, National Tour in Miyagi, HKT48 no Goboten.
    +
    Meijiza stage play rehearsal.

12. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

hm, I'd say the view, that she is underdog, is outdated for about 2-3 years. now Sasshi is one of the main forces in AKB48 group. and she doesn't get spotlight and hype only in main S48 forums, that's where all misunderstandings are coming from and that's why this conversation has started. don't think there is any member that gets more exposure than her. she is in Japanese news all the time. like literally daily.

just a couple of additions to the list @Elementaljyt has already posted. that's just the visible part, that we know about. in between of all that she also may have some other meetings for future projects, HKT manager stuff and tasks (and considering ongoing HKT National tour and upcoming Meijiza stage play that's more than likely) and recordings for standalone shows and specials, that we will know about only when TV networks will announce them.

those are examples of "plain" work, that Sasshi is doing year after year. but I guess everyone is more interested and will notice only the flashy stuff. ironically enough, even though she is in process of doing one of those big gigs right now, no one is talking about it here)) I am talking about "HKT48 Sashihara Rino chairman stage" in Meijiza Theater. a HUGE event and opportunity for the whole HKT, which requires at least a month of preparations and rehearsals and another month of performances, which is A LOT of work and stress, but yeah, the only mention it gets here is a couple of words from Elementaljyt)) even HKT thread is pretty dead about it))

so yeah, I don't see this poll being about "current affairs", "actual popularity" and "swing votes". I'd say maximum what it can represent is that AKB-centric casual view of S48 users about their oshimens, which I am totally fine about, because none of the polls are 100% fair, true and accurate anyway. just wanted to clear up some misunderstanding.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  13. parousia

parousia Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    teppen_48
    Woah with Sayanee winning the poll.
    With how massive the growth of her fanbase is this year (evident on the photobook sales, gravures even though I myself don't find it enjoyable, appearances on mass media, handshake sales though we shan't depend on these) and her popularity, won't be surprised if she is the dark horse this year.
    Still convinced it's still a Mayu vs Yuki vs Sasshi this year, but if the Sousenkyo is in next Sunday, there's a big possiblity she reaches that top.

14. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Wow ok at you feeling so butthurt. No one is talking about Chairman Sashihara's stage cause no one even knows what its about. It's not happening yet. We will talk about it when it happen. All these behind the scenes work don't affect audience's perception of her cause no one gets to see them. Anyway all the work that she's been doing is not going to help her much in getting the attention of people who are undecided on who to vote for because they are not new. And since they aren't new work it is obviously not going to be considered as "current affairs".

15. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@mysoshipinups
    judging by your aggressive reaction and question that started this discussion, you're the only one who is butthurt here)) I'm just answering (your!) question. don't ask, if you don't want to hear the answer.

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

You have answered my question and I have responded. You proceeded to challenge the purpose of this thread and I corrected your misguided notion. That is all. I don't see how I was being aggressive at all.

17. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@mysoshipinups
    instead of thanking people who were kind enough to answer your question you start calling unfamiliar people butthurt out of the blue and you don't see it as being aggressive?)) haven't your parents teach you manners?))

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  18. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much for the information :) Seems like it's all her regular work that has been going on for a while now. I'm sure it'll keep her huge fan base engaged and interested in her but I'm not sure how effective works like these are at convincing people that they must vote for her right now if the elections are to be held this month.

Anyway, what is the "Ashita e" concert?

19. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei