1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. dobod

dobod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    ah, sorry about that..
    fixed that, thanks~

2. Suweren

Suweren Kenkyuusei

Thanks for quality subs. This series is ok so far but it's somewhat funny the fighting sequences are of lesser quality compared to what Mechaike did in the past even though this show is supposed to center around wrestling fights. Still ok entertainment for an Idol lover.

3. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    I wasn't expecting this tbh. This is with no doubt the best AKB drama in years!
    @dobod Thanks for the subs! ^^

4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Well the wrestling scenes are just background for the story at this point -- the "fights" might be more detailed once team sakura actually starts competing. But the girls' abilities probably won't improve though lol.

5. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Unless Yuria, she is perfectly fit if they make her as "strong style" type of wrestler (Style of professional wrestling using realistic moves mainly such as in strikes, kicks, punches, etc).

6. grawar

grawar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hayasakatsumugi
    This and MG5 quality is very good and not cringe worthy!! I can say these idols are better wrestlers comparing to women wrestlers in wwe such as eva marie xD

7. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Idk why but i against all the odds on s48 maybe ? But lately i like following yuria after see her on this series :eek:

8. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Miru and Jurina hahahaha !

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I wonder if they're switching miru because haruppi got injured?

10. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Injured? It's more believable if someone say she got exhausted and collapsed than got injured. Any source backed this injury claim?

11. GATX105

GATX105 Member

She's going to miss an HKT concert on 2/25 due to "poor health" -- it's not explained what the exact illness/injury is so people are speculating it's tofu wrestling since she has a history of having a bad back and she's the one getting tossed around here. She's been out without any other explanation since a week ago so it's a bit long for just needing rest. Also absent in hkt perf on msta and kojimatsuri.

Hopefully it's not something serious that they had to do something about future episodes of of tofu wrestling -- I kinda like powerstone as it is and it'll be nice if she'll have a match against sakura. But her recovery is what's important and others can certainly fill in.

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • I'm liking the friendship between Nao and Yurina, maybe they'll become a tag team partner?
    • Still don't know what's Momoka doing in the drama but i sure hope they'll give her a cool role
    • From the preview last episode i though Yurina is the one that will be Jurina's new partner when she left. I sure didn't see this coming

13. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Does anyone knows the viewership rating? WOuld like to know it:)

14. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    I love the chemistry between Yuria and Nao (how she calls her 'Kizacchi' is so endearing), personally I think that the whole cast seems well connected and feels less artificial than their interactions in Cabasuka Gakuen (better direction, for sure).

About last episode:
    The teaser from the next episode left me so nervous! The dynamic between Haruka and Jurina was working so well and they seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves at last, but what's going to happen now? Is Miru really taking over on the tag team? She -Miru- has the beauty and a devilish look that makes her work great in these antagonic roles, I hope she does much more and doesn't stay one-dimensional.

I've been a bit lowkey in a lot of 48G news lately, except when it comes to my favorites, but I check for the new episode weekly - haven't felt this excited with a dorama from the group in a while. It's not a groundbreaking plot, but it's enjoyable and has a nice pace for now. I'm curious to know the ratings as well, this is a good alternative to try to connect with general audiences again (or at least attract a new demographic to pay attention to the girls).

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

In the beginning I had my doubts about the plot (I only liked the fights), but now I really like the plot as well! I'm actually starting to see Sakura and Jurina as an upcoming tag team, but I'm probably very wrong here. :)

By the way, if you watch carefully the end of episode 4 match, you can see Haruppi is in two places at the same time: (1) holding Kaotan so that she can't get in the ring to interfere (which makes perfect sense) and also (2) watching Jurina's jump. (Yeah, I know. I have watched certain matches far too many times already... :D)

16. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    That's what I was worried about happening this whole time. :( If this is the case, I hope the staff takes extra precautions in order to prevent someone else from getting hurt.

17. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The friendship between Nao and Yuria (or maybe I should call her Kizacchi...) came out of the left field, but I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll develop in the next episodes.
    Noepii's role as heel always gets me, I love how she capitalizes on her few moments of screentime and always manages to leave a mark. I hope that every episode from now on will have at least one scene featuring her, because I can't get enough.
    Also, perhaps more importantly, I'm really curious to know what kind of grudge Yasaki (Shirokane Gym's manager) has against Jurina. It's been only 6 episodes and he has tried sabotaging her wrestling career two times already (first by telling Shimada about her leg injury, now by breaking up the duo she made with Haruppi).

18. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Haruppi finally posted something about her condition -- she doesn't say what's wrong with her but says she's out so she can get better faster. So it doesn't seem like a serious injury from tofu pro so hopefully she can continue on when she's better and soon.

edit: looks like she'll be absent from the 8th album live on March 1 so she's out fairly long

As for the next episodes, hopefully team sakura starts competing soon and we don't have one episode each featuring nao, renacchi and yui while they're still training.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  19. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Could be an injury, it'd be seriously bad luck if it happened but it's always a possibility. I doubt it'd be a back injury though, from experience it's really hard to get a bad one just from being thrown around. The human spine is remarkably good at absorbing impacts, it's lifting stuff at the wrong angle it doesn't like. Admittedly, I'm probably a lot tougher than her so I might just be more willing to power through. If it is an injury my money's on an ankle, even a fairly minor one could stop you dancing for a while (as you really don't want to dance on it before it's fully healed and make it worse)

20. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Certain move can cause back injury like backbreaker variants such as argentine backbreaker and torture rack, you need experienced people to do that safely like Aja Kong. Yes, I also doubt it was a back injury, I believe people behind the scene already know the risk of those kind of moves.