1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Tofu Pro Wrestling (2017/01/21 - 2017/07/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2016.

1. alabare

alabare Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    I think why some of us who consider Haruppi our Oshi have a feeling that it might be her back is that she has had a history of back issue. Some severe enough that she had to sit out some portions of the HKT48 concert due to it a couple of years ago. Well we were very concern as after Fev 15th she went silent from her SNS until an announcement was made that she would be part of the start of HKT48 Tour in Gunma. Which was a full 10 days after the event, she also in the mean time missed Kojiharu's Grad, Msta presentation of the new single and now the two day celebration and events for AKB48 8th Album.

She has only been back on SNS once via twitter to say that she is ill, sorry for the concern and wait a little longer for her return. I hope that it is not something too serious, but I think the lack of confirmation and/or denial is in part to protect both the Series, AKS and the TV Station.

At this point I would just wait for her return and hope that this Show was not the contributing factor to her absence.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Hopefully she gets better soon and doesn't have to be written out of or given a reduced role in tofu pro. I think her current role is very prominent.
    Lol, also I have three haruppi tickets for the 8th album on 3/20. And there's a big hkt concert on 3/18 and 3/19. Anyway, every day is a chance for her to get more rest and it's more important that she's fully recovered before going back to active status.

3. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

I already asked same question after 1st episode aired and there is no answer yet, probably we'll never know.

4. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    So, question. I'm doing QC for this and there's some bits that I think could be improved by adding some creative Anglo-Saxon obscenities, primarily stuff from Yuria and Jurina. So far I've avoided it for fear of offending people. Do you think I should stick with that, or would you be cool with me spicing up the dialogue a bit?

5. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

Sounds good to me, Yuria is a delinquent anyway.

6. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    oh hi
    um... i havent been here literally years i need to make a new account but, I'm totally hooked by tofu pro wrestling these days, and end up subbing this video on bilibili of Miyawaki Sakura showroom where she is react to Tofu pro wrestling episode 1, which i found nice
    so... i just leave it here maybe?

have fun all

7. ShaiHH

ShaiHH Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I say do it, you can always tame it down again for next episode if too many people complain.
    Though some certainly will, there always will be someone xD

8. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    People always thanks when someone made subs for any show, dorama or whatever... as far i can see, no one complains against subs with some obscenities or stuff like that...
    I think you have to do it anyways :)

9. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

^
    or you could just put it as #@$%^!!!

10. dobod

dobod Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
  11. Link Floyd

Link Floyd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Please, no obscenities. It's classless, out of place, tacky, vulgar, and, just like in real life, it doesn't serve much of a purpose that couldn't be done in another way.

Also, since the topic of QC came up, shouldn't Shimada's name be Jumbo with a J instead of a Y? Jumbo means big, huge, which is very appropiate for Shimada (or at least used to be).

In any case, thanks a lot for the subs, as always!!!

12. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

I saw all your video

A JuriSaku shipper huh [hehe]
    Thats rare:p

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

15. MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko

MajisukaJyogakuenSALTYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    For once, not seeing Sakura in a episode is really good though I have nothing against her but damn it... can't they reiterate ?? Haruppi.... poor girl !

16. RH8

RH8 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    RH0RY
    I could be mistaken but one alternative explanation I found was:
    *Yumbo/Yunbo(maybe spelled Jumbo too?)seems to be a trade name for "backhoe(hydraulic shovel)" popularized by the company Rental no Nikken. This could possibly be in reference to Shimada's heavy-swinging style of wrestling???

*However maybe "jumbo" really is pronounced in Japanese as "yumbo" too??? XD in addition to the reading that simulates the English pronunciation.
    Just guessing but either way it's perfect for her isn't it!

17. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ I think it's what you said first: yumbo (ユンボ, yunbo) is a type of excavator in Japan. Jumbo is pronounced Janbo (ジャンボ) there.

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's been a bunch of wrestlers nicknamed Jumbo, including female wrestler Jumbo Miyamoto

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
  20. spineyrequiem

spineyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Huh, was not expecting to see Reika Saiki in that.