Tokusatsu!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by IndigoSkies, Oct 13, 2010.

1. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    A sad news for kamen rider W fans , today actor Dan Tomoyuki, aka Weather Dopant Isaka Shinkuro , passed away due heart issues Stage/Voice Actor Tomoyuki Dan Passes Away , he's one of the best villain actor that kamen riders series ever had .

2. hoshinoricky

hoshinoricky Kenkyuusei

Does anyone had been watching KR Gaim..?
    I think the plot of story is decrease from KR before it..

3. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I've been watching and i don't know about decrease? but gaim has been getting really more and more interesting to watch.

4. KanonRock

KanonRock Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    fadillkharisma
    i am not tokufans, i just like to watch kamen rider.

Sent from my shoe using Tapatalk 2

5. fael_c00l

fael_c00l Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kumazawaserina
    Twitter:
    Raphael_Raditya
    true. Gaim's story is interesting than any other KR series i think

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Been Watching Kamen Rider and Super Sentai for a couple of years now.

Not up to Gaim. But my little bro tells me it's a good season. I wonder how Kamen Rider Drive will be (the next Kamen Rider). Up To Kamen Rider W and OOO. Freaking love W. Can't find a bad thing about it.

ToQger is getting good I think. Have expected them to take a dark turn with that story.

7. zakky26

zakky26 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ghaidafarisya
    Twitter:
    zakky17_
    found this thread!!!!! it's deserted but gonna post it anyway in case anyone is reading...

you guys should check out Satria Garuda BIMA or translated in english as Garuda Knight BIMA. It is an Ishimori Pro and RCTI (indonesian tv station) joint production tokusatsu series. The show currently is on its 2nd season... and there is one ex-JKT member in the series,and one active member.. on the first season,GACKT joined the series for a couple of episode....and on the 2nd season,Tetsuo Kurata aka Kotaro Minami aka Kamen Rider Black/RX will join the cast but as different character..he will not be playing Kotaro

this is BIMA 1st season
    [​IMG]

and this is Satria Garuda BIMA-X (2nd season)

if you are interested,check out this website to watch it online it includes english subtitles
    https://skyfansubs.wordpress.com/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016
  8. Platinum

Platinum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I'd heard about Garuda, but I didn't realize it was owned by Ishimori Productions. Wouldn't it be great if they did a crossover with the other Ishinomori franchises? Like how in the Kamen Rider: All Riders movie, they had a cameo for Kaiketsu Zubat (and a few others, but Zubat is my favorite old tokusatsu). They could do a summer movie where Garuda meets the current Kamen Rider and then they team up and kick butt.

9. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wow, didn't know this thread existed. Over the last year and a half I watched every Heisei Era season. I loved the majority of them, and liked most all of them.

My Personal Top 5...

1. Kabuto (to me this is the perfect season. Great storyline, adorable female cast [All of them, including Jyuka, Gon, Renge], perfect mixture of seriousness, humor, and action. It has my all-time favorite female character [Hiyori] and my all-time favorite secondary rider [Sasword]. Not to mention Nagata Anna from Battle Royale )

2. Kiva (Wataru might be my all time favorite Rider. So quirky and introverted. Has some awesome plot twists, even if a few were easy to predict. Otoya (Kiva's father) is such a great character too! And of course it has a young Koike Rina!)

3. Hibiki (I just love the storyline, and all the characters (well, almost all) are so likeable. The musical numbers in a few early episodes were such a hoot. The fact that the style of the show is so different than other rider seasons is quite refreshing. )

4. Kuuga (I loved the way the theme played out like a 70's cop drama with the date/time/location updates. Yusuke is so easygoing, and kind of offbeat. That is usually the type of Rider I like)

5. Agito (Love this show for many of the same reasons I liked Kuuga. Shoichi is another "nice guy" rider, much like Kuuga. I love that when he finally reveals that he is Agito that nobody believes him because he is too goofy. And of course this season featured a young OshiRina. I was also somewhat enamored with Ozawa)

Other seasons I loved...

06. W. (Perhaps my favorite aspect of this season is the film noir style, coupled with Shotaro's wannabe "Sam Spade" act. It also has an awesome supporting cast (Nasubi, Tomo/Tomo) and an endless parade of excellent guest shots including one of my all-time favorite idols Yazawa Erika)

7. Fourze (It probably helped peak my interest that I watched this season shortly after watching Amachan. So I got a big kick outf Sota Fukushi playing the main character. Like "W", this season has a lot of good guest shots. And since it is set in High School, lots of cute young girls. My only complaint is that I thought Fourze's weapons were kinda clunky. But I still get excited when I hear "Uchuu kitaaa!")

08. Den-O (So many things to love about Den-O. Ryotaro was so much fun, and the Imagin are hysterical. It is too bad the plot sort of falls flat at the end. And Kai is one of the lamest villians ever.)

09. 555 (To me the villians, if you can call them that, are what make this show good. Yuji, Yuka and Naoya are so great as you really sympathize with their situation. Kitazaki is simply insane. And Kaixa might be one of the biggest Asshole Riders in the history of the show!)

Seasons I liked....

10. Blade (Has a great and unexpected ending. I loved KR Chalice, on the flip side I hated KR Leangle. I just wish they had allowed the viewer to keep better track of "which playing cards had been played", kinda like Battle Royale)

11. Wizard (Season kinda dragged, and some of the support characters were annoying, especially Shunpei. But I loved Koyomi. Additionally, I thought the "villian and his evil plot" were simply genius)

12. OOO (Ankh saves this show for me. He was great. But I found myself frusrated by many of the plot points throughout the show. And to me Dr. Maki is one of the lamest "villians" ever. Too many unanswered questions.)

13. Gaim (A bit too cartoonish for me, although I did like the plot concept very much. It is always a weak point to me when the secondary riders are much more interesting than the title rider. I found Baron and Bravo to be much more entertaining. Other redeeming point, the casting of Hama Chisaki [Izumi Rika] as Kouta's sister.

Seasons I'm kinda "meh" about...

14. Ryuki (Weak title rider. Dumb storyline. The only thing that saves this season were the excellent secondary riders [Zolda and Ouja] )

15. Decade (Oh what could have been? Great concept, horrible utilization. Still not sure if I understood the ending)

16. Drive (it has about 10 more episodes to redeem itself from being my least favorite season of all. And is too bad because I like the characters in it. But to me the plot [Is there a plot? I haven't found it yet] is the worst. And too cartoonish. When a Rider season begins resembling a Super Sentai season, that is troubling to me)

11. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    Roaming around since it's a slow day here and found this thread. Not really a toku fans but i watch Kamen Rider quite religiously (didn't finish kiva and didn't watch hibiki and fourze tho). Used to love Ultraman when i was a kid but when i watch it again as i grow up it become meh.

My favorite season is Gaim, damn it's super dark as expected from urobutcher but the last episode ruin it all i wish that episode never happen :asdfgh:
    Almost dropped drive at about episode 10 but i'm glad i didn't since it's getting interesting from about episode 25 onward and the summer movie seems good too.
    List of my favorite KR:
    1. Gaim
    2. Kabuto
    3. Faiz
    4. Blade
    5. Black and RX (my first KR that i watch in my childhood)
    6. W
    7. Ryuki (the first time rider vs rider-themed)
    8. Kuuga
    9. Den-O
    10. Decade (just because the nostalgia and Diend)
    Still, best tokusatsu ever is Akibaranger.

12. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Without a doubt!

Also, Rest in Peace Masayuki Izumi (Kiba Yuji from Kamen Rider Faiz) :(

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  13. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Cool, so we're doing personal rankings, than i wanna do my own.
    So i first heard of kamen Rider during Decade, i was really into shinkenger and they had a crossover and i decided to look it up, but Decades theme seemed kind of ridiculous so i didn't get into it at all. Move forward months later I got in AKB and had heard that Kasai and Itano Tomomi were going to semi-regulars in kamen rider w. I watched a few episodes of W for them, but unexpectedly got into it, by the end i watched it side by side with Shinkenger and then only W because Goseiger seemed pretty strange to me. But the effect stayed on me and I watched Kamen rider each week. Than last year a friend of mine who recently than got into tokusatsu told me he was going to start watching the the heisei era rider shows and got me to try the same, so i spent months watching heisei kamen rider shows from Kuuga to Decade and finally 2 weeks ago i finally finished them all, so let me tell you my ranking.

1. OOO - Loved it, the design, the plot the unexpected final villain, the ending just about everything about this one made me love it. It became my all time favorite Kamen Rider Series that as a result, i have all the belts, weapons and medals from the ooo's series (a hobby where i try to get the belt from each series). Honestly the only ones close to topping it are my #2 and #3. I mean i just can't help but get into it.

2. Gaim - Gaim was a series that everyone thought was going to be really stupid, but turned out to be epic with the lockseeds, the stray from usual plot, the betrayals and the conclusion fight wasn't all that strong, but i seriously couldn't wait each week for the next ep of Gaim. Plus it was the first series i got to see with Kamen rider having multiple riders rather than the usual one and a 2nd one. I loved Gaim so much it was the only other series where i managed to collect most of it's DX Merchandise (love the genesis belt it is my favorite of all the belts that i managed to acquire, although the latest lockseed for the new Gaiden coming out is difficult). Seriously i was even okay with the ending since the thinking about it leaving Mitchy just crying about Mai is a stupid way to leave things in a series (honestly i hate those kinds of unresolved endings).

3. Blade - Loved blade, loved the card concept liked the characters and everyone's stories, and i really loved the ending it had one of the most satisfying conclusions i had ever seen in a Kamen Rider series, something that is not too common (i have 3/4 belts and most of the merchandise, and man the Blade belt is ridiculously loud). I loved how Blade was so weak at first but really became a tough by the near end.

4. Agito - I caught Agito right after Kuuga and that seems to be the best way to watch it because man the i needed a dramatic change of pace from what was Kuuga, the show was intriguing and the riders were all well done (even G3X) i was just bummed out of the ending, still a fun series to watch non the less and it really gets you in to it. (By the way the belt or rather all the merchandise is so expensive, i just haven't bothered so far for it)

5. W -This one is actually a tie so you will see 5 twice. W got me into Kamen rider and was really fun to watch all the way, the other unexpected villain and it took great pacing to show me how Kamen rider differed from super sentai. Honestly the series was great, heck one of the main rider even shared my name, but i just didn't like the suit designs that much. I guess in terms of hype the other ones did it better for me. ( Also i own the W belt and it is fun, but it kind of bore after a while, One of regrets while in Japan though was not buying that cheap Accel belt i found in Shibuya, due to a misunderstanding)

5. Drive - I was a little annoyed with Drive itself at first, not just from the concept, but it seemed like the show was so sure of its success that they made sure to include tons of side bonus features to the show. Showing just how confident Toei was in it (kind of lines with my distain for members that get pushed right off the bat, because management is so sure they are just going to be popular), but drive is actually pretty interesting have the cast is fun to watch while most of the villains are great to watch. The show has probably some of the best looking female characters (seriously Rio Uchida and Fumika Baba are really hot) Only downside is that feel a bit of Sexism that they didn't make Kiriko a rider in the first place. She gave off an athletic presence from the start, still though it is a great shoe with a good cast, only thing is i do not like the belts or the rider designs all that much (well that change recently when i got the drive belt, because it actually really fun) the designs are what bring the rank down all the way to 5.

Rest i'm not gonna provide an explanation for so here it is:

7. Den-O
    8. Kiva
    9. Fourze
    10. Faiz
    (this is where is starts to be a pain to watch)
    11. Wizard
    12. Hibiki
    13. Decade
    14. Ryuki
    15. Kuuga
    16. Kabuto

14. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Fer me KR Kuuga is the first KR i know and the best, the grongi is just awesome.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

16. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    Is it just me or he really looks like Mogi
    [​IMG]

17. phulolza

phulolza Kenkyuusei

Bruh anyone watched boukenger

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk