1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Translate48 Has Officially Launched! (Calling All Translators)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by ithebigc, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiyo

Chiyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I'm up for Yamamoto Sayaka's G+ :) And if I can manage that workload, I might also translate for another one~ But first Sayaka :D

2. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
  3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Hmm, I didn't think about that. For now I think I'll be keeping it limited to the groups in Japan because I feel like the the followers of JKT48 and SNH48 already speak/read Indonesian and Mandarin so the site focuses more on Japanese translations. That said, I'd like to hear other people's opinions on this. If there's a demand for JKT48/SNH48 translations I'd certainly like to include them on the site.

@Sayanara231, would you be willing to crosspost your Haruppi translations (and Lovetan?) to Translate48 too? I'd definitely like to have the Top 4 of HKT48 covered! :cool:

Did any of them respond to you? :) Any additional contributors to cover girls whose thoughts aren't already translated would definitely be welcomed!

Great! Please send me your email address associated with your Google account via PM and I'll add you as an author immediately.

We already spoke about this via PM, but your invitation has already been sent!

I'm aware of lonelyavocado. As I already will be covering Sakura's G+ posts, there's no need for those but Mogi and Milky translations (Blog? G+?) would definitely be welcome. I'll try contacting them via Twitter when I have time (or you can do it too, I've never spoken to them or followed them :fear:) and see if they're interested. As for Sakura's mobame, I know @Sadia23 does them regularly on her blog too so I don't know if she'd be interested in crossposting them on Translate48, otherwise I'd like to see lonelyavocado's translations for those on there too.

4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    for the moment only sayanara answered me but i will ask masterchieeff for Nagisa G+ translation!

i'm also going to ask mahoushoujo ari for Yuria and Rena G+/ameblog if it's not done yet by someone else.

5. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    That blog is on hiatus and most likely wont be continued. I don't even have any time right now to build up and continue my Anna Fansite.. :eek:

Also it's quite useless to do Sakura stuff, as other people already do that and doing the work twice feels so useless to me. Prob would just do Pii and/or Yuriya if I had time, and no one cares for those 2 anyway

6. arifer

arifer Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Is the design and overall site plan going to be changed?
    I would rather hope if the blog posts be listed by dates rather than order of post especially most of us update it sporadically, causing a mass spam of a certain girl's posts in one shot.

7. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    You were the one that piqued my interest in Yuriya on Twitter! But yeah, I wouldn't be the target audience since I don't need translations to read her posts :oops: I'm sure other people would appreciate them though

Regarding the design, it's definitely going to be changed. :^^;: There's more non-HKT48 girls there now than HKT48 girls so it wouldn't make sense to have a Sakura, Minna de Tabeta theme. As I've said, I've already talked about it with @aezea, the designer for the new Stage48, so he is working on it; he's been made an admin of the blog already with full access to the template and layout tools. However, it's not like we're paying him commission or anything so he's working on this in his own free time out of the kindness of his heart. The design will be ready when it's ready. I'd rather have a really nice job that can stand the test of time done than rush for anything.

As for your second post, there is no way for Blogger to list by dates only listed in the titles. I would say the best way for readers to read the blog is this:
    1. If you know that you're only on Translate48 for the blog/G+ posts of a certain girl, clicking the girl's name on the right side of the blog is the best way to filter it to posts only from that girl. That way, you'll have no clutter from any other sudden influx of posts from any other girl.
    2. If you're there to discover new girls, then reading from the title page is an often fun and easy way to learn more.

I also expect the sporadic updates is only because most people chose to start their posts from a certain date, rather than the date they joined Translate48; as such, they have a backlog of posts that they are working on but slowly getting through. Once everyone is roughly translating posts from the same date, I don't think a deluge of posts from the same girl will be a problem anymore since we should have more than enough authors now updating throughout the day. :) Or that's my hope, at least.

8. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    Ah I see, that'd make more sense I guess.
    How about splitting the translations into separate categories that are easier to access like G+ translations / article translations / LOD translations?
    I'm supposing translate48 is no longer restricted to word-to-word translations anymore right? That means that translators can post up some short subs of videos that may have important significance to some girls. Eg. Seitansai letters, speeches etc.

Plus just for fun, how about a button to bring readers to a random post XD That'd be a good way to introduce readers to a new girl

9. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    @Kanki seems to already translate Murashige's G+ time to time so I will refrain from opting to translate them in case they want to claim it.
    But I could volunteer to do some of Murashige's mobame.
    However, for mobame, do we have to post the original Japanese text?
    While I would like to give foreign fans access to the content, because you can't get it without a Japanese cellphone, I don't feel comfortable posting the original text.
    I would hate for people in Japan to take advantage of it and get her mobame without paying.

10. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky
    Thanks for tagging me @Sakura, I didn't realize this post was here. Just got back from vacation and I guess I can cross-post my stuff to translate48 as well. Are you doing graduates as well?

Basically here is the list I usually do (I tend to skip days if Im working and have had a particularly rough assignment)

Kashiwagi Yuki (blog/Twitter)
    Itano Tomomi (blog/Twitter)
    Kojima Haruna (blog/Twitter/Instagram)
    Takahashi Minami (blog/google+)
    Minegishi Minami (blog/google+)
    Matsubara Natsumi (blog)
    Akimoto Sayaka (blog)
    Abe Maria (Google+)
    Maeda Ami (Google+)
    Murashige Anna (HKT48) (Google+)
    Maeda Atsuko (Twitter/Instagram)
    Shinoda Mariko (Twitter/Instagram)
    Oshima Yuko (Twitter/Instagram)

11. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    While that's an excellent idea to have separate categories for G+, blog, and mobame (or even better, different pages) I'm not sure if that's possible to do on Blogger. Anything we want to do we have to make sure the Blogger software supports it. I'll have a look around the interface and see if it's possible to do something like that. Otherwise we would have to rely on labels, and I'd prefer keeping the labels to separate members only right now.

As for video content, I'm not limiting translations to word material only, but videos will have to be hosted somewhere else and then embedded into posts. The only problem I can foresee with that is copyrighted material, as sites have been cracking down on those rightfully. Clips to highlight a certain conversation or whatever should be fine, but those posts will have to be maintained. If any subbers are interested in posting subbed videos on Translate48, please have them contact me.

You definitely do not have to post the Japanese text for mobame as technically they're not supposed to be shared anyways. :fear: I included the Japanese text for the 2 or 3 Sakura mobame that I did but that's only because I rarely do mobame translations unless the content is really special. I'm leaving it up to each person that does mobame to decide whether to include the Japanese text with their translations, but unlike blogs and G+ where the original Japanese text is required, mobame is not.

Please PM me your Gmail address!

Whoa, that's a big list :banana:I'd love to add you to the team. You are free to skip days if the post is completely generic or as long as you catch up to it later, so that won't be a problem. Graduates are welcome too! PM me the email address associated with your Google account and I'll send you an invite!

12. Sakura

Sakura Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    SakuraMurashige
    If you can't do separate pages could you do something where you have like, separate labels for the girls depending on the category? Like Miyawaki Sakura, then under her name Google+ and Mobame.
    Or maybe two links like
    Miyawaki Sakura (Google+)
    Miyawaki Sakura (Mobame)
    Thanks. I will probably only do like 1 mail a day, because most of the mails are only a few words anyway, and it would still leave content unavailable for people interested in paying.

13. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    How about changing to tumblr? I've been playing around with the software and it does support multiple pages along with tags.
    The only problem would be the themes of course...

14. Sadia23

Sadia23 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sadia_alice
    I thought about this for some time, and as Im reading Pii blog and mobame everyday anyway, I might start to try translating some 48G girls' stuff again.
    Can't promise that Im able to keep up with it each day, as my current working schedule makes this impossible, but if thats enough for you, count me in for Piichan.

15. Usagi Chan

Usagi Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takakuramoeka
    Twitter:
    parutart
    If only i were good at Japanese i'd love to help out and translate stuff oh well im so glad that a team like this exist :) im so happy.

16. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I'm already translating Sae's Blog and I'd really like to do this on t48 too ^-^Already sent you a PM ;)

17. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    A small update on what's been going on.

1. I spoke to @aezea last week to ask for an update on our layout. He said he was hoping to get it done by the weekend, but as you can see, that wasn't possible. In the meantime, I've changed it from a Sakura, Minna de Tabeta layout to a Hikaeme I love you! theme, but that's because it requires no use of graphics on my part whatsoever. I just stole the banner from the Hikaeme I love you! website and then changed the color to yellow. Same as the previous theme, it's just a temporary stopgap until we can finally get our own designs up.

2. Once our designs our up, that will be our official "hard launch," so to speak. Right now you can still count our website as a "soft launch" or just in beta, so to speak. I haven't been updating the list of translators in the second post of this thread because all of the translators seem to work on different schedules, but when we hard launch I'll be taking a look at who's been active doing what and updating the list accordingly. If you haven't been active for a girl in the last two weeks, I'll be taking you off the list for that girl so that other people have a chance to provide translations for her. Like I said earlier, I don't expect you to translate every G+ post that the girls write if you don't want to since a lot of them are generic, but I do expect that the girls write at least ONE interesting post in two weeks.

Of course, we're still very much active even in our soft launch, so if you're someone that would like to join our team just shoot me a PM!

3. I'll also be writing a post here on how to more effectively share your translations once we hard launch. I use a program that automatically tweets all translations I share and that has made a big difference in the amount of people viewing the translations that I did. We already get a minimum of around 100 unique views a day to the site, but I've seen as much as 800-ish views a day when tweeted/shared accordingly. That's a lot of users a day! So keep up the good work, we're on our way to being a good source for translations and reaching a wider audience. Thank you, everyone!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  18. arifer

Twitter:
    arifer48
    For video translations of the letter segments from seitansais, who do I put under the tag? The addressee or the addressed?
    And my video is uploaded on DM because it might get deleted on YT. Is it fine if I upload it onto the blog?

19. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    The tag should be whoever's seitansai it was. There's no way to upload the video directly to the blog, but you can feel free to embed the video using html codes, yes.

20. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Hey everyone, good news! :) I've been looking for a way to separate G+ posts and mobame posts into separate pages ever since it was suggested here and I finally found a way to do so, even though it's a bit of a workaround. Blogger always had a way to add pages, but it was so you can stuff like "About Me" or "Contact Info." Basically, it was designed for static things which wouldn't have helped our blog at all. However, they also have a place to set external links as pages, so if we add specific labels to posts (like Google Plus, Mobame, Blog, etc) I can set the pages to link to the labels, which in effect is one way to have different pages for each type of post.

It's all explained much better here: blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-put-put-posts-into-your-pages-in.html, but basically, as long as you add the post type as an additional label (so "Google Plus" for G+ posts and "Mobame" for mobame, etc.) your posts can be separated into the correct type for anyone that wants to read those only. I don't expect anyone to go back and relabel their old posts, but it'd be cool if you all added that additional label for each post you make from now on. I was going to go relabel my old posts, but I got tired of it pretty quickly :| All the post types are their for you already.

tl;dr, home page remains the same, but now we have pages for the blog too if you label your posts.

Finally, another big benefit of this is that we now have the ability to feature important posts! All you have to do to feature a post is to add the "Feature" tag to it! I'll leave it up to each individual translator to decide which posts are important enough to the girl to feature them, but this is going to be mostly used for things like birthday posts, center announcements, stuff like that. Use the feature tag sparingly - it stops being special once you overuse it. :fear: Off the top of my head, things that could be featured is the recent mobame from Murashige translated by @Sakura, as well as Sae's super long blog that was translated by @Chrissel, but it's up to you to add the feature tag to it. If I see anyone using the Feature tag too much for posts that really aren't that worthy, I will remove the tag myself, so use it wisely! ;)

Oh, and about the Translate48 design, I've already seen the work-in-progress by @aezea already and it's looking good! There were just some things that had to be changed but we both hope to reveal it to everyone sooner than later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.