1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio [TV] TBS Music Show [Kayou-Kyoku] 12/04/24~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sillythings, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

All things consider, it's actually pretty amazing the show lasted this long. Even late last year it was already suffering from ridiculos low rating and early this year there were times the rating dropped to 5% range when the it's chief competitors in the same slot (from other major network) would consider 10% low rating.

2. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

It's sad to know that Kayou Kyoku ended. It was one of my favor music program [clap] [clap] and i really enjoyed all the AKB medley in the show.

3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  4. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Looking back over past couple of years it seems that AKB prime time shows are struggling a lot in "golden" time slot.
    Naruhodo! High School variety show too got recently cancelled due to poor rating.

5. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

Despite this, it hasn't stop management from trying to come up with new shows for AKB. I do wonder if there are any plans for another AKB show in this timeslot?

6. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

Naruhodo/Gachi Gase was actually in much better condition though. All it could said was that it wasn't able to break through that 10% rating line regularly enough. Naruhodo's successors to the same slot lasted even shorter, the next show lasted only 3 month, and the following one lasted 10 month while the successors to Gachi Gase slot isn't doing much better rating-wise.

The issue was that NTV along with TV Asahi are currenty dominates the variety scenes and both are looking even more actively for big hit that can be their next long-term stable shows but at same time not contain at being mediocre in rating. All things considered both shows did fine lasting 2 years combined. Considering how volatile Japanses TV scene is, I won't call it struggle just mediocre.

If Naruhodo/Gachi Gase was on TBS, Fuji, or NHK, the show would have probably stayed on air at this time. Kayu Kyoku, on the other hand, really struggled. It was a bit surprising TBS keep it around for as long as it did. Like I said the show struggles to hit even 6% in past year, sometimes dip even below 5%. Compare to that Naruhoudo High and Gachi Gase both are able to keep a respectable 6.5-7.5 rating and hitting 9-10% with most of those okama SP. They just repeated that theme too often in a short period of time. I really though they could have held that slot if they make some fine-tuning, but they never really did other then over use some segments.

Kayo Kyoku's biggest issue is suffering from show identity. Being a pure music show, the guests aren't varied enough nor reflective of the current music theme in Japan compare today M-Stat. While being a variety talk/music hybrid the talk topic aren't interesting enough. But in the end, golden time is just not a good slot for any music variety, evident by the fact other the M-Stat there are no one else and stations don't even try with that concept.

7. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

I'm just bummed that another music show is gone.

I wanted to dropkick the *uck out of the Fuji chief for dropping HEY!x3; that's always been the highest rated music show. Rumor was the dude wasn't a big fan of comedians. Now we're stuck with that stupid Generation show in it's place.