1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[TV] Terrace House (Rie Kitahara)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by The_Hot_Zone, Nov 15, 2012.

1. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

The concept of “Terrace House” sounds on the lines of UK and USA hit series, Big Brother. The only difference in this Japanese reality series is that the size of the group of inmates is restricted to three boys and three girls only. Plus I suppose it will much more toned down than the explicit Big Bro. And of course, AKB48’s Kitahara Rie is one of the housemates.

Fuji TV’s upcoming reality TV show, ‘Terrace House’ is a sharing quarter for the six participants and it hopes to capture the essence of friendship, romance, dreams, envy, and setbacks that these young people face. Kitahara has uploaded a video message onto AKB48’s YouTube channel for her fans, stating that she will be sleeping in her own room and is excited at the possibility of a romance brewing between the housemates.

Kitahara has accepted the challenge of living with strangers mainly because she believes no Japanese idol has been put in a similar situation. The opportunity is a good way of expressing herself and moreover was very happy to be recommended by Akimoto-sensei. Ota Masaru of Fuji TV commented that share houses are very popular with young people today. In an era where privacy and individuality are respected and protected fiercely, the thought of strangers living together poses a very interesting phenomenon.

[Via TokyoHive]

http://japandailypress.com/akb48s-kitah ... se-0214098

The show has already started airing, but I didn't see this posted so I had to. [party]