Uemura Rina (Uemuu) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Unfortunately she didn't caught on because in this business you need more than just a pretty face (Just ask Anna Iriyama or Kato Rena while they were on AKB48, or for the other side of the coin, Sashiraha Rino).

I wished Uemu had been more engaged, and willing to put herself "out there" all this time. It maybe true that some members may have been 'pre-labeled' from the start, as @Philosophy Senpai mentioned before, but it is also up to them to break that initial mold and make their own mark.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    ...even if they do, I'm afraid it won't help them... Not any more, maybe if they did that quite early in their career (or maybe being born beneath a better star, who knows...). Actually the ONLY case of a member who tried to break that mold and actually has been rewarded is Renaaa (not Ozono, not Karin so far).

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There's truth in this. Uemuu stayed herself, passive and a bit removed. Seemingly happy to just drift along on the fringes: happy enough just to be in the group.

But I find myself liking members who do not remould themselves to the desired style: Memi first, and Karin now. Memi tried to fish a bit, but either wasn't quite fishy enough or didn't really feel comfortable with it. Karin has been staying herself but evolving all the time, from the shy and removed young dancer to an elegant centre in a few songs, and now to a cool and glamorous adult who can actually speak fairly easily. But her evolution may or may not work to bring her popularity as an idol.

One of the many things that is remarkable about the 3gens is that they all seem to be on board with conforming to the desired style. In the Omotenashikai fashion show, some of them smiled ruefully to themselves at they turned back, but they all did their waves and moues and shots and winks, with apparent enthusiasm. And I still see them being themselves.

4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    ...as does my beloved Fuu-chan... or my MeiMei...

5. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

I don't actually think this is the case. Dunno if any of you guys are Nogi fans, but Suzuki Ayane was able to break out of her old "silent" character, and that happened pretty recently. I think Uemura still has the opportunity to break out, but she probably won't. She doesn't seem all that interested in standing out (though admittedly, I don't know much about her).

6. HikariCurry

HikariCurry Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    etomisa
    Hi! It's me, the serial Uemuu fanartist. I haven't been pumping out fanarts of our Chiba Fairy frequently these days but I actually just created a Displate and INPRNT shop. (Apologies if I am breaking any rules about advertising myself)

These shops make it possible to purchase my art as prints and cards. I plan to upload all of my Uemura Rina fanarts and I am sharing here in case you guys would be interested! InShot_20230314_122804552-min.jpg InShot_20230314_122854820-min.jpg

If it is allowed, I will share the links. Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Uemuu seems to be one of the 3gens' favorite senpais. She seems to spend more time with them than others, in a kind of "mother" role. Rika says she is easy to talk to. Why am I not surprised that Rika singles out Uemuu and Fuu-chan as having been welcoming and helpful.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Happy Birthday Umuu!

[​IMG]

9. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3