Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    - Matsumura Sayuri is the second prettiest after Maiyan.
    - Kiichan's push doesn't appeal anything to me.
    - Ito Junna better be in senbatsu instead of Sato Kaede.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    She is the most beautiful woman on earth.
    She is sweet and caring.
    She is very funny in a very subtle way (Kuroishi, for example).
    She owns every model show she participates in.
    She is a great actress.
    She has a smile that makes one melt.
    She has a very nice and versatile voice.

She is not boring at all. She is a goddess indeed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Well.. she's boring because she can outclassed any other member easily. I mean, my oshi should be the most interesting girl in the group!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

• I put Sayuri, Miona, Nanase and even Kazumin over here in beauty tbh
    • She has her moments for sure
    • She is good at modeling! But own?
    • She is a great actress for nogi standards I guess. Compared to Asuka, she is Sandra Bullock lol
    • I like her smile, but sayuri and kiichan have way better smiles
    • She does seem like a nice woman.
    • In my opinion she’s quite boring, but I’m glad you don’t think that!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Yeah I also don't get why people like a member who can sing in a group whose main activity is singing.

Let's not mince words guys.
    'Boring' == I'm not interested but I envy the popularity.
    Because if we use the right term, Maiyan is not boring. Anyone can elaborate why she's boring?
    She contributes in variety, she gives nice reactions. She occasionally leaves behind her beauty chara to be either psychotic or even ugly. Her popularity is earned through, although it initially comes from her physique, hard work with less push from management compared to her peers. Unless she's the center she's treated just like any other fukujin members, in other words she doesn't actively outshine your favorite if that's what you are insinuating. CMs? The offers are for her. They ask specifically for her, not 'Hey Nogizaka, give me your current top dog.' Boring girls won't get that. And I don't even mention her modeling gigs.

In general,
    It's just a matter of whether you get a member's appeal or not. Whether you are her target audience or not. Instead of saying someone's boring/I don't understand why blahblah, just be bolder and say 'I don't like her', 'I don't want her to be more successful than my favorite', or 'I don't like her push'. At least one of those must be the reason why you speak ill of a member. Which is understandable.
    That's way more straightforward.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Management should’ve kept the Maiyan and Nanamin symmetrical position until she graduated and not bumping her aside for Nanase. It doesn’t bother me as much now but still an irritating thing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

“I think she’s boring so that means I just don’t understand her”. I heard this one before. I know she contributes to variety, and I know she has earned her spot. However, to ME she is boring. Different strokes for different folks. Dont sit there and say that someone doesn’t “get a members appeal” when you hear an opinion you don’t like. That is incredibly pretentious.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  8. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    You don't refute my argument, in fact you just strengthened it. Which part of my sentence is pretentious? I am not saying you don't understand her, you are putting words in my mouth. But you clearly don't find her appealing to you, while other people may think differently. She's not your cup of tea, and that's it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

Saying that it is just a matter of whether you get a member’s appeal or not is pretty pretentious imo. I can see the appeal, but I still think she is boring. And “She’s not your cup of tea and that’s it”. That is literally what I said. Different strokes for different folks. To me she is boring, to many others, she is not. This is fine. Just don’t try to tell me that I don’t get her appeal or something. Lets just leave it at that.

10. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I don't get it. You are saying the same thing as what I said in the first place. We are in agreement. So what's with the hostility?
    Let me reiterate. You are saying she doesn't appeal to you. After that I am saying she doesn't appeal to you. Then you come to me to not say that?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

Don’t act there wasn’t more to your posts lol. And like I said, let’s just leave it at that. No point in keeping this up.

12. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    See, you are the one who keeps putting words in my mouth. I said what I said, I have nothing to hide and I don't have any ulterior motive. You are right, there's no point in continuing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

Glad we are on the same page

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. blindastaroth

blindastaroth Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kodama Haruka
    Twitter:
    BlindAstaroth
    I came here to say only this:
    - Nakada Kana deserve better, a place in senbatsu and a PB.
    - Wada Maaya and Ito Junna also deserves a place in senbatsu
    - I dont think Maichun is sexy or sensual... watching her pictures from her PB, she only have looooooong legs and... big boobs?
    - In the beginning I dislike Yoshida Ayano Christie, but now I think she's cute...
    - Mukai will become the queen of reaction like Manatsu, just need some time and someone teaching her the "Path of Variety"
    - Asuka is the next ACE... they are training her since the time she become regular in senbatsu, and her time with the Under help her too.
    - Mizuki remains me Maeda... she looks like her.
    - Hori with twintails is the best Hori.
    - Matsumura has the best smile in the entire Sakamichi and her "Unpredictable Character" is something strange, but funny

There...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Conjyak

Conjyak Member

Now that Nogi is huge in fame and success, I'd like Nogi to be more empowering for women and resist ingrained notions regarding looks in Japan.

-Calm down a bit with the jokes and comparisons between members regarding: lighter skin, head size, length of legs vs torso, and eye size. After all, Maichun and Nanase's skin are on the darker side but they are considered "visual" members (Nanase obviously, and maichun is a magazine model now). Asuka is a big model now, but I've never cared for the petite-ness of her face, nor have I cared about the size of Manatsu's head. Sure they have different effects - having a petite face might make one look more dainty/graceful, and having a larger head makes one look more baby-like. Different, but one isn't better than the other. If you have to choose a size that's "best," you would think an average-sized head is the best... I do think it's a good thing that the group chooses a variety of looks. Gen 3 has the tallest member and one of the (if not the) shortest members of the group.

-I love how the first episode of Nogizaka No Gakutabi actually had them participate in classrooms seriously. And it was like they actually spent a whole day at the school, conversed and worked together with students, and ended the day with extracurricular activities (karuta). Later episodes have been only about students' extracurriculars and if you notice, it's about traditionally girly extracurriculars like dance (although karuta is also a traditionally girly game). It's actually kinda regressive. Instead of showing the members studying and taking class seriously with the students, they're now showing members only doing the girliest activities with the students, like dance. (We already know the members can dance. They're in an idol group lol.) It's kinda like NHK saying, "The part of female student school life worth showing on TV isn't when they're doing actual schooling but when they do traditionally girly stuff. Boys should study, girls should do dance." It would actually be more progressive to show members and students being enthusiastic about study and academics. And I know that sounds boring on the surface, but I think they succeeded at it big time in the first episode. The later episodes aren't Gakutabi (School Journey) anymore but more like Dance-tabi. (In fact, I don't even mind stuff like cooking or naginata, even though those are also traditionally feminine. (Yes, now you know one additional reason why they might've chosen naginata/Asahinagu over kendo, even though Nogi has 3 members who have done kendo in Kazumin, Momoko, and Kawago. It's because kendo may be co-ed but naginata is more associated with women.) And I'm not saying I want them to do like weightlifting or traditionally male sports either, lol. Not asking them to become butch or masculine. I'd just like them to at least get away from the dance focus in Gakutabi and show actual school life...)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I understand being upset by things written here but arguing about it, and making revenge insults against other members, isn't gonna make you feel better. It will just stratify everyone position and make you look like the bad guy.

If you want to participate in a thread like this, or just let it exist, you have to refute with positivity or not at all. Try to avoid long, heated back and forths like above.

And if you're going to say something negative about a member, keep in mind that it's going to hurt someone. You can still express your opinion without adding poison to the needle.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  17. ひめか

ひめか Kenkyuusei

I apologize for the way I was acting earlier. I was in quite a bad mood earlier, but that is still no excuse.

• Old Old x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Finally I found the one who has same thought with me. IMO these two have some kind of strong aura ,so if management did that (Maiyan + Nanamin in symmetrical) other member in same row (especially front row) with them except center won't shine. Anyway I don't have any intention to insult other members but this is what I think.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    It is alright. :)
    I also apologize for my words. I will be more careful next time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Do unpopular facts count? It's pretty much accepted within Japanese fandom that Nanamin and Maiyan didn't like each other at all and their friendship was purely created by management and early fans who didn't know better. They were an okay duo since both had model looks and popularity with female fans, but I think people who say they should be counterparts are often influenced by their "friendship" and that's mistaken.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1