1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Unpopular Opinions

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by ひめか, Apr 17, 2019.

1. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

Same go for girl rule, proved by 10th birthday live LOL

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    Man, since I watch Sekkaku Gurume,
    I don't find these introducing foods episodes in Nogichuu that interesting.
    This is the 3rd time they did this introducing-food-series, and it's really one of the most boring series.

I hope this is the last time they do it and back to more variety stuffs.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. silver247

silver247 Kenkyuusei

It has been quite a very long time since I visited this site, Now 1st gen is all gone. Do you guys think the current group will reach the same bar as 1st gen did?

• Like Like x 1
  4. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not likely. Not that the newer girls aren't good. It's just some people can't move on once their oshi grads, and choose to jump ship to newer groups. The group is 12 years old, the novelty is gone. That's just the lifecycle of an idol group.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    Sakurazaka recently released this "dance practice" video of their new song.
    I think that' s very cool and Nogizaka should do that too. In many music videos the direction moves from girl to girl, with many cuts, and you don't get the dance, but only many good shots. I'd love such video to enjoy the full dance.
    Nogizaka has such good dances, much better than other idol groups IMO. So, fingers crossed!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. 024shiyuu

024shiyuu Kenkyuusei

1. Ioki has got to be one of the most overrated members in a while. Well, at least in my opinion lol. Obviously there’s a reason why she’s so popular but I personally cannot see it at all. She’s got a nice voice and personality but I don’t find her outstanding in any other aspect (visuals, dancing, performance). I’ve seen some comparisons to Nanase which has me like ??? Nanase was an amazing dancer and performer and was very eye catching on stage. Ioki on the other hand is practically invisible on stage and is a pretty weak dancer, especially in comparison to some of the other 5th gens. Visual wise, she’s not even in the top 5 of 5th gen. Nagi, Satsuki, Kawasaki, Aya, and Miku are all much more of centre material than her.

2. I hope Aruno never centres another single again (unless management wants their sales to plummet again ), or even makes it into fukujin. Sure, she’s the best singer in the group right now but Nogizaka is not exactly a vocal group either. How important is being a good singer when she’s by far the worst performer of the 5th gen? She’s awkward on stage, her timing is often off, and I’ve seen her make multiple mistakes across different performances. Someone like that should not be made centre, and not to mention how little she suits Nogizaka’s vibes.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

Nogizaka46 new generation need some girl crush member like nogi 1st generation, eg: maiyan, wakatsuki, and kazumin.
    I think that’s what 5th lack of, while we still have mizuki for 3th and kakki for 4th

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. redavis460

redavis460 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Forever Himetan
    I've had the chance to watch the latest (34th SG) UnderLive, and I'm not so sure about that last part. There is something about her that the fans are passionate about that almost approaches Himetan-level vibes (obviously not a statement I make lightly).

Since the beginning of the group, the UnderGirls have always been a collection of the more creative and independent members, even if they may not have initially been Sony's first choice to promote their corporate vision onstage. This original misfit assembly of college girls, over-thinkers, eccentrics and self-starters came up with the concept of UnderLive themselves, and produced the first one as well. Since that fateful day on April 13th, 2014 (Himetan's 18th Birthday BTW), there has been a bond between the UnderMembers and their supporters that is the envy of even the Senbatsu members; this mutual adoration has continued to grow and expand exponentially since then. Just like Rottii, Kana, Karin, Johnson, Himetan, Renacchi, and so many others, Aruno's singing ability perfectly fits the UnderLive format which requires the vocals to be done without a synching track. I'm not throwing shade at the Senbatsu's ability to sing, but even Kubo did her stint as an UnderGirl, and many claim this created the core of her fanbase.

This latest UnderLive, with it's 2nd Encore of a song that sees Aruno sing solos at several parts, was clearly an emotional experience that the members and the fans will never forget, just as the first UnderLive was for the original attendees almost 10 years ago. Aruno's humbleness, awkwardness, and her condition of hyperventilating when she gets emotional all point to a vulnerability within her that inspires the fans to want to show her their love and support; I almost wonder if some attendees fell on their knees that evening and took a sacred vow to support her forever lol. Also, as Mukai alluded to when she was chosen for the Senbatsu, the UnderMembers are at a point in their relationship with the fans that most of them would really rather stay there and sing the group's best songs that they choose anyway, and enjoy "their" audience.

Perhaps Sony realized this long ago, which is why, instead of trying to micromanage the UnderLives, they have largely allowed creative control to be done by the members themselves. Along these lines, I would almost like to see Aruno make a name for herself, just as Runapi has, as another of the UnderMembers semi-permanent main weapons. If the profits follow from the formula, why mess with a good thing that is keeping the shareholders (and the fans) happy?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    First time in this thread so i will post some of my personal unpopular opinions

- I don't get Ayamen's appeal. Before i thought that was because she was the youngest, imouto and yada yada but now there are better members to fullfill her place. Honestly for me it just seems she got that far because she has sony back. She is overrated in my opinion.

- Tamami should be senbatsu.

- It's time to move on from Aruno controversial past. JP fans already moved on and so should some obsessed international fans that bring this topic everytime someone mentions Aruno. This is not going anywhere. Her fanbase is growing and management is pushing her for a while, she will probably be senbatsu next single so it's better to accept than keep crying.

- I don't get why Seimiya Rei lost so much popularity and why her meguri sales are so low. She used to be one of my favorite 4ki because of her funny persona and comments so it hurts to see how much she fell, from selling out to being at the bottom of these meguri lists. Can someone explain?

- 4ki >>>>>>>> 5ki

- YAC should have already left.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1